This Easy Apple Cake is moist, delicious, and has a soft tender apple filling coated with sugar and cinnamon. It is the perfect balance of apples and sugar, and it’s not too sweet! Simple, easy, and bakes in minutes!
For Memorial Day we prefer the traditional foods at our barbecue, like hot dogs, hamburgers, and even our London Broil steak grilled along with a few pasta salads like our favorite easy pasta salad with bocconcini as sides.
And of course, everyone usually expects either an apple pie or even a blueberry crumble pie as the final treat for their dessert.
But instead of making any pie, I decided to make this simple apple cake. And, I have to tell you – this cake turned out to be a huge hit!
It is very light, moist, and delicious!
Our mothers and grandmothers made simple cakes like this one and used only staple ingredients in their kitchens, including the apples.
For this Easy Apple Cake Recipe…
- I decided to make it with similar ingredients as an apple pie.
- The only difference is I decided to reduce the amount of sugar and butter.
- Plus, this cake has a moist, soft texture, because I added some sour cream and half-and-half into the mix. It made a huge difference.
- The filling is not only moist but gives a pudding-like texture to this cake, making it divine! YUM!!
Questions and Answers…
1. What kind of apples can we use?
- I prefer to use Fuji apples with this cake because they’re sweet, very soft, and they bake very well. But you can use other apples as well.
- The results with Fuji apples were great, giving this apple cake its delightful soft texture.
2. How to store and freeze this apple cake?
- You can store this apple cake at room temperature and for up to 3 days.
- You can freeze this cake as well. Cover with aluminum wrap and freeze for up to 3 weeks.
Easy Apple Cake makes the perfect treat to serve with some coffee or tea.
Best of all, no need to use a fork with this apple cake either, just a napkin will do!
I have to tell you, this apple cake turned out better than I had expected. Everyone raved about it!
It was SO delicious, it was the perfect way to end a marvelous family gathering on Memorial Day!
I think you will enjoy this recipe too! Give it a try!
A few more recipes for apples!
- Cinnamon Apple Coffee
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Easy Apple Crisp Pie
- Cinnamon Apple Sweet Potato Muffins
- 3 Tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar, plus 2 Tbsp. more
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large size Fuji apples - divided
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 4-ounces sour cream
- 1 + 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup Half-and-Half cream
- powdered sugar for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Use 1 tablespoon of butter to butter a 10-inch springform pan.
- Dust with graham cracker crumbs.
- In a small bowl, peel and core 1 apple. Slice into thin wedges places into the bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon with 2 tablespoons of white sugar and toss to coat the apples. Set aside.
- In a large bowl and using an electric hand mixer, beat 1/2 stick of butter with remaining sugar and brown sugar. Add the egg and sour cream, blend until creamy.
- Beat in slowly the flour and baking powder. Reduce the speed, and slowly pour in the half-and-half. Blend until smooth.
- Peel and core the second apple and dice it into small pieces. Then fold diced apples into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Arrange the apple wedges along the outer edge of the pan and arrange a few slices in the center.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. The Center should be golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Sprinkle generously on top with powdered sugar.
- Yields: 13 servings
Yield:12 to 14 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 6.1gCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 18.5gProtein: 2.8g
Hey friends! Are you baking with us? If you try this easy apple cake, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest if you like.
We’d love to see what you cook! You can also follow us on Facebook too.
Happy Baking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!