Healthy Apple Cinnamon Bread is loaded with a fresh Honeycrisp apple, apple sauce, and topped with a delicious oat-cinnamon topping and a sweet glaze. Warm and cozy, this apple bread has a super moist, melt-in-your-mouth texture, and is intensely flavorful! It’s also refined sugar-free, nut-free, and dairy-free – woohoo!
Apple Cinnamon Bread…
Honeycrisp apples are perfect for this bread, as they will keep their delicious crisp flavor and texture throughout, making this apple bread delicious tasting for the autumn season.
We love Honeycrisp apples. They work well in recipes. We have used them in our Maple Walnut Apple Crisp dessert as well. It is delicious too.
The top layer of this bread is sprinkled with healthy oats, some cinnamon, and a little coconut sugar, giving it an extra layer of delicious textures and flavors.
This apple cinnamon bread goes perfectly with easy pumpkin spice lattes, or with our easy low-fat caffe lattes for a delicious breakfast.
What we love about this Healthy Apple Cinnamon Bread!
No need for an electric mixer, nor a whisk, only a large wooden spoon will suffice to stir the ingredients.
The flavor is amazing! It’s so good because you can actually taste the apple.
The warm spices give you that cozy warm autumn feeling in this bread – you can’t resist! 🙂
The organic quick oats (or rolled oats) along with the cinnamon and some coconut sugar on top make this bread delicious. Plus, the sweet glaze is the perfect touch on top.
Made with easy-to-find staples ingredients. And, no refined sugar, making it healthier.
It’s loaded with fresh pieces of apple throughout the bread, so you really enjoy the taste of apple in every bite.
It’s just … SO-darn-Delicious!
Baker Tips and Notes:
It’s important to separate the liquid ingredients in a separate bowl then add it to the dry ingredients. The reason for this is because the coconut sugar needs to be dissolved in liquid before it’s added to the dry ingredients. This will help for a better outcome with this recipe.
It’s best to allow the bread to cool completely before drizzling the glaze on top. So the glaze will stay on and not melt off.
This recipe for apple cinnamon bread will have a different texture than our Ultimate Banana Bread Super Moist. It will be very moist, soft, and may even crumble when slicing. And that’s ok.
The yogurt is the key to making this bread amazingly moist, and it’s totally optional. I have made and tested this bread with a few different ingredients and was not totally happy with the outcome. But I absolutely love this recipe.
It even tastes better the day after. Perfect to make the night before and serve it for breakfast or brunch the next day.
When the bread is fully baked, it will appear to be higher, but as it cools it will start to deflate. That’s ok too.
To make this Vegan:
Substitute 1 egg for 1 flax egg, which is 1 tablespoon of ground flax plus 3 tablespoons of water.
And, for Gluten-Free:
Use the same measurement with Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free flour. The bread will not rise as much, but it will taste good.
Storing and Freezing:
The bread can stay on the counter covered with a clear wrap for up to two days. It will keep fresh longer, for up to 4 days if kept in a container and in the refrigerator. You can also freeze this bread for up to one month.
More Delicious Apple Recipes, cause it’s fall!
More Healthy Bread Recipes and Treats!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Optional: 2 Tbsp. plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole egg
- 2 Tbsp. oat milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple - peeled and diced (about 1 + 1/4 cups)
For Oat-Cinnamon Topping:
- 1/4 cup quick oats or rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. oat milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 180C). Then rearrange the racks in your oven to have one rack in the center. Line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, mix and stir together the applesauce, yogurt, coconut sugar, olive oil, oat milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Next, gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until all the flour mixture is well combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Next, gently fold in the apple pieces. Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan. Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to even out the top.
- Finally, mix together the quick oats with cinnamon and coconut sugar. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the bread.
- BAKE (on center rack) for 50 to 55 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Set it aside and allow the bread to cool slightly in pan for 10 minutes, before removing from the pan and transfer to a wire rack. Then allow the bread to cool completely on a wire rack.
For the Glaze:
- Mix together powdered sugar and oat milk (or water) in a small bowl. Drizzle the glaze over the bread. Slice and serve.
- Yields: 6 to 8 servings
…Thanks for PINNING!
That’s it friends! If you try our healthy apple cinnamon bread recipe, let us know and leave a comment! If you have any questions, ask away!
Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. It makes us happy to see what you cook!
So stay in touch on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter for all the latest updates. And enter your email address in our ‘WEEKLY Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post and reminders of great older ones too. Inspired and adapted from Eating Bird Food.
Happy and Healthy Baking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz