Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is loaded with semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, some warm spices, and enough pumpkin puree to give its beautiful color, fluffy-moist texture, and decadent flavors. The perfect indulgence for a snack, breakfast, or brunch; and it won’t disappoint!
Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread…
This recipe will give you two or three loaves of bread.
It requires 2 cups of pumpkin puree (not pie filling), which will give you more fiber, protein, and vitamins in every slice!
Needless to say, the flavor of pumpkin is very subtle in this bread and not overpowering.
It’s simple to make!
Also, you only need ONE large bowl and a good whisk (or wooden spoon) to whip this up.
And it comes together in 10 minutes! Perfect for easy cleanup!
Plus, the fact that this recipe will yield 2 to 3 loaves, will give you plenty to serve a crowd, or have extra to give someone you love a gift! 🙂
The Best Part? Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate!! Who doesn’t like chocolate?
This double chocolate chip pumpkin bread defines decadence all the way!
Chocolate chips inside and on top with a layer of chocolate ganache give you delicious results!
These two – pumpkin and chocolate make the perfect match.
(*Full recipe card below!)
Ingredients For Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread:
To make this double chocolate chip pumpkin bread, you will need:
Flour: use all-purpose (unbleached) flour.
Light Brown Sugar: you may use dark brown sugar, either one is fine.
Sugar: 1/2 cup only.
Other dry ingredients: salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
Spices: to build flavor, we added ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves.
Eggs: only 2 eggs are needed.
Pumpkin Puree: one 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree and not pie filling.
Butter: you will need 1 and a half sticks of unsweetened butter melted.
Water: room temperature water is best.
Mini Chocolate Chips: one package of semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, is preferred.
How To Make Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread?
To make this double chocolate chip pumpkin bread, simply:
1. First, prepare 2 bread pans ( size 9 x 4) or 3 (8 x 3) pans. Spray with cooking spray on the bottom and all sides. Then dust with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in ONE large bowl. Then make a “well” in the center of the bowl and add all the wet ingredients and mix the batter until well combined and smooth.
3. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pans. and
4. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F (180 C). When the toothpick comes out clean, remove it from the oven, and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Gently turn loaves of bread over to remove from pans. Set aside to cool.
5. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave. Frost the tops of each bread with melted chocolate, then top with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This is such a delicious recipe for pumpkin bread. With its rich color of amber throughout and its luxurious flavors, it’s even addicting.
This is a “true and tried recipe” and has been in our family for over 25 years or more.
One of our favorite things about homemade double chocolate chip pumpkin bread is the way the subtle flavor of the pumpkin perfectly complements the warm spices and chocolate.
So go ahead and enjoy a slice of our double chocolate chip pumpkin bread with a cup of coffee or tea and satisfy that sweet tooth craving!
… Thanks for PINNING!
Moist, fluffy texture, and semi-sweet chocolate chips throughout, making this bread one of the best-tasting pumpkin loaves of bread out there!
Best of all, as soon as these loaves of bread come out of the oven, the smell of pumpkin is not only dreamy – it’s mouthwatering!!
Don’t be surprised if everyone requests a second piece!
A few more yummy fall loaves of bread for you!
- 3 + 1/2 cups (448grams) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (400grams) light brown sugar ( packed)
- 1/2 cup (100grams) sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. ground cloves
- 3/4 cup (185grams) sweet butter (1 + half sticks)- melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (450grams) pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2/3 cup (158grams) water
- 1 cup (128grams) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- olive oil cooking spray
For Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup (128grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (64grams) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees C).
- Spray the bottom and sides of 2 (9 x 5) bread baking pans or 3 (8 x 3) bread baking pans with cooking oil. Then dust the bottom and sides of each pan with some sugar and cinnamon, about 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar combined with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon,(or more if needed), and dust each pan on the bottom and all the sides. If you prefer, you can line each loaf pan with parchment paper. Set them aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
- Then make a "well" in the center of the dry ingredients and add pumpkin puree, eggs, water, and melted butter. Mix well with a large spoon or whisk until completely combined and smooth.
- Next, stir in the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter evenly between the baking pans.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean in the center for 8 x 3 baking pans. If you use plan to use 9 x 3 baking pans, you will need more baking time, ( bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3 to 5 minutes. Then remove the loaves of bread from pans and allow them to cool completely before frosting them.
Make the Chocolate Ganache:
- In a small double boiler, heat 1 tablespoon of heavy cream for 1 minute, then add the chocolate chips. Stir the chips until they melt and remove from heat.
- Allow the ganache to cool for about 2 minutes. Then spread ganache on pumpkin bread and sprinkle on top with mini chocolate chips. Store the loaves of bread in a large container.
- Yields: 10 to 12 slices per loaf
- Makes: 2 (9 x 5), or 3 (8 x 3) loaves
This recipe will make 3 (8 x5) loaves of bread, or 2 (9x5) loaves of bread, depending on which baking pan size you decide to bake them in. Plus, the time will vary as well.
Yield:2 to 3 loaves of bread
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 9.4gCarbohydrates: 34.4gFiber: .9gSugar: 21.2gProtein: 3.1g