Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Our Decadent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is moist, rich, and bursts with banana and chocolate flavors. Best of all, it melts in your mouth with every bite! Made in one bowl and in one hour, this recipe makes 3 loaves – enough to feed a crowd and to freeze some.
It is so amazingly flavorful, that you can’t help yourself from eating a second piece!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread…
We love making banana bread for years, and this chocolate chip banana bread is a tried and true recipe. And yes, it is the BEST recipe out there!!
We love it as much as we love our Blueberry Banana Bread and our original recipe for the Ultimate Banana Bread-Super Moist!
But this one tops them all!
Why We’re Obsessed With This Recipe…
- Our Decadent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is loaded with real bananas and mini chocolate chips.
- Bananas are high in nutrients, making this bread loaded with potassium, vitamin C and B6, and magnesium.
- It’s an easy recipe to do! One bowl, and you can whisk, or use a hand-held mixer to blend all the ingredients.
- It’s a quick bread recipe, which means – no yeast, no need to rise, and no kneading! 😉
- This recipe will yield 3 loaves.
- Plus, you can bake all 3 loaves at the same time, and they’re ready in 1 hour.
- All the ingredients are staples in our pantry.
- When you take your first bite, you’ll love its super moist cake-like texture.
- Plus, its banana and chocolate flavors are delicious throughout the bread.
- It’s positively decadent all alone!
But if you want to make it even more decadent and more chocolate-delicious?
Then go ahead and top the bread with a chocolate ganache or chocolate frosting, and then sprinkle with mini chocolate chips on top.
Just as I did. YUM!
How To Make This Decadent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread… (*full recipe card below!)
To make our chocolate chip banana bread, will need these staple ingredients:
large ripe bananas
plain Greek yogurt
cinnamon, salt, and baking soda
unbleached all-purpose flour
semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
This recipe makes 3 loaves of bread. Perfect to give away as gifts or to freeze. 😉
Variations for our Chocolate Chip Banana Bread…
Toss in crushed walnuts, or pecans for a festive holiday flavor.
Sprinkle with some powdered sugar on top. It’s delicious all alone.
Serve each slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, turning it into a decadent dessert.
How to Make an Easy Chocolate Ganache?
To make this chocolate ganache you will need:
1. First, take 1 cup of semi-sweet mini chocolate chips and melt them in a double boiler or in the microwave until smooth.
NOTE: If you prefer to melt chocolate chips in the microwave, place the chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave them in increments of 1 minute each time, and stirring the chocolate in between until it’s smooth.
2. Then use a spatula or the back of a spoon, to spread a layer of the melted chocolate on top of the chocolate chip banana bread and sprinkle with some mini chocolate chips on top.
3. It’s best to let the chocolate ganache set before serving. And, as always (as you can see) my family couldn’t wait to slice into it.
Notes and Tips for Success!
- Keep in mind, that all ovens vary. Therefore, the best way to know when your loaves of bread are ready is when a toothpick inserted in the center of each bread, comes out clean.
- Keep Those Ripe Bananas! Remove their skins and toss them into a zip-lock bag and freeze.
- Allow the bread to cool in the loaf pans for at least 5 minutes before removing. Then allow them to cool completely before wrapping with clear wrap and storing.
TO STORE AND FREEZE…
- Best to store banana loaves of bread in the refrigerator to keep them fresh longer, about 2 weeks.
- You can freeze banana loaves of bread for up to 2 months.
Loaded with chocolate inside and out, this chocolate chip banana bread is so decadent, that you can’t resist wanting a second piece!
It’s so good, and rich, you may want to call it a cake, rather than bread. The chocolate ganache on top is rich and definitely worth the extra effort.
OK, now it’s time to pin, print, save, tag, or bookmark this recipe or however the moment you prefer.
Decadent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is just that – decadently chocolate-ty! It’s the perfect bread to go with your morning coffee or tea.
An ideal snack for kid’s lunch boxes too!
Serve warm, chilled, or at room temperature. It’s the best!
Finally, you may enjoy our Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread – the chocolate lover’s bread!
And our Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread!
More Delicious Quick Bread Recipes to Try!
- Low-Fat Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice Bread
- The Ultimate Banana Bread Super Moist!
- Easy Homemade Cornbread Recipe
- Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Bread
- The Ultimate Blueberry Banana Bread
Yield: 3 loaves
Decadent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This Decadent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is easy to make and bursts with banana and chocolate flavors. Made in one bowl and in one hour, this recipe makes 3 loaves, enough to feed a crowd or enough to freeze some for later.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter - at room temperature
- 1 + 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large ripe bananas - mashed
- 8-ounce plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage, O % milkfat)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. baking soda
- 3 + 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Set the rack in the center of the oven.
- Grease THREE 8 x 3 loaf pans using 1 tablespoon of butter and dust with some sugar, or flour. Set aside. OR ...TWO 9 x 5 loaf pans, but you will need additional 10 minutes for baking.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter together with an electric hand mixer, or food processor.
- Beat in the eggs until smooth. Add the bananas while beating.
- Then add the Greek yogurt, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda, and beat on high speed until well blended.
- Next, beat in the flour, one cup at a time, and beat until well blended. Remove the beaters.
- Then finally, stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour and divide equally into the three prepared pans and spread the batter evenly.
- Place the breads on the middle rack in the oven.
- BAKE for 1 hour (or for two 9 x 5 pans, bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes) or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool for 5 minutes, then remove banana loaves of bread from pans. Allow cooling for 5 minutes more before wrapping them in clear wrap.
- You can serve immediately, while the chocolate chips are still warm and melting inside.
- Best served warm or at room temperature.
- Then wrap the other loaves of bread with clear-wrap and leave them out for 1 day, or refrigerate. They stay fresh all week long. Freeze loaves of bread for up to 2 months.
- Also, it's best to top with a layer of chocolate ganache and mini chocolate chips just before you serve.
- Makes 3 (8 x 3) loaves
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 13.3gCarbohydrates: 28.4gFiber: 2.2gSugar: 23.1gProtein: 2.9g
In case you missed it…
MOST POPULAR POSTS THIS WEEK:
- Sauteed Spinach with Tomatoes
- Tuscan Swiss Chard and Beans Soup
- Spaghetti with Lobster Tails Sauce
- Moms Best Mashed Potato Pie
That’s it friends!
Any questions, ask away! Are you baking with us? If you try our decadent chocolate chip banana bread, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating on our recipe card! We’d love to hear from you!
Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest.
It makes us happy to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post! Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Happy Baking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13.3g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.4g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||8%|
|Total Sugars 23.1g|
|Vitamin D 4mcg||21%|
Thank you Karen! I think you will love this recipe! Have a great week! 🙂
I have never thought of decadent and banana bread in the same sentence before. You certainly have proved me wrong with this delicious sounding recipe.