The Ultimate Blueberry Banana Bread is loaded with fresh blueberries, fresh bananas and bursts with so much flavor, makes this the ultimate blueberry banana bread to serve! This classic breakfast bread only needs one bowl, a good whisk and then bake! And it freezes beautifully too!
Blueberry banana bread is moist and loaded with delicious blueberry flavor. The flavor of banana in this bread is subtle, but gives the bread its fluffy and moist texture.
A tried and true recipe, this bread recipe is adapted from our ultimate banana bread super moist. Since I had a few containers of blueberries in my fridge, I figured why not add them to the recipe!
Blueberries are folded in the batter and on top, giving it a superior flavor and texture. Plus, there’s no need to add any icing or frosting on top.
This Blueberry Banana Bread happens to be my daughters absolute favorite in the morning, and her favorite as a late night snack!
Fresh bananas is what makes this bread super moist, but when you add in some fresh blueberries inside and on top, it adds an extra decadent flavor that melts in your mouth, making this bread even addicting. What’s not to love!
And if my other daughter, who hates bananas, actually loves this the flavors in this one! Well that says it all! … but don’t take our word for it, you’ll have to give it a try!
…Thanks for Pinning!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup butter - at room temperature
- 1 + 2/3 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large very ripe bananas- mashed
- 8 ounce of sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. baking soda
- 3+1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup blueberries - divided
- powdered sugar, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease THREE 8 x 3 loaf pans using 1 tablespoon of butter, or spray with cooking oil and dust with some sugar and cinnamon, about 1 teaspoon of each for each pan.
- Set pans aside. Or, grease TWO 9 x 5 loaf pans, but you will need additional 10 minutes for baking.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter together with a hand mixer or food processor. Beat in the eggs, one at a time until smooth. Add bananas while beating, then sour cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and flour. Beating on high speed until well combined.
- Pour and divide the batter equally into the prepared baking pans. Sprinkle on top each pan with blueberries. Take a knife and gently push each blueberry down into the batter. Next, scatter the remaining blueberries on top. Finally, lightly sprinkle with ground cinnamon and sugar on top.
- Place the loafs on the middle rack in the oven.
- BAKE for 1 hour for three (8 x 3 pans). OR Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes for two
- (9 x 5 pans), or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Invert and remove loaves from pans, while slightly warm, and wrap breads tightly with clear-wrap. Refrigerate. They will stay fresh all week long. You can freeze the breads up to 3 months. Before serving, allow the breads to completely defrost, transfer onto a serving platter and sprinkle with powered sugar on top.
- Makes 3 (8 x 3), or 2 (9 x 5) blueberry banana breads