The Ultimate Blueberry Banana Bread is loaded with fresh blueberries, fresh bananas and bursts with so much flavor, makes this the ultimate blueberry banana bread. This crowd-pleasing, classic breakfast bread only needs a good whisk and then bake! And it freezes beautifully too!
This breakfast bread is moist, full of delicious blueberry flavor while the banana is subtle, but makes this bread fluffy moist! With its superior flavor and texture, there’s no need to add any icing.
Your family and friends will enjoy this one as much as we do! It’s irresistible!
When baking breads, this recipe will yield 2 or even 3 loaves, giving you plenty to feed a crowd and even extra to freeze.
And this blueberry banana bread will compliment any breakfast buffet table.
The Ultimate Blueberry Banana Bread is so moist and so flavorful, everyone might pass or even skip the eggs and ask for a second piece.
This Blueberry Banana Bread happens to be my daughters absolute favorite in the morning, and her favorite as a late night snack!
Fresh bananas is what makes this bread super moist, but when you add in some fresh blueberries inside and on top, it adds an extra decadent flavor that melts in your mouth, making this bread even addicting.
And if my other daughter, who hates bananas, actually loves this the flavors in this one! Well that says it all! But don’t take our word for it, you’ll have to give it a try!
…Thanks for Pinning!
The Ultimate Blueberry Banana Bread
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Breakfast Bread
Serves: 3 breads
The Ultimate Blueberry Banana Bread. This crowd-pleasing, classic breakfast bread shows us how blueberry banana breads can be a busy cook's best friend. All you have to do is whisk up an easy batter, bake and freeze!
- ¾ cup butter - at room temperature
- 1 + ⅔ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large very ripe bananas- mashed
- 8 ounce of sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. baking soda
- 3+1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup blueberries - divided
- powdered sugar, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease THREE 8 x 3 loaf pans using 1 tablespoon of butter, or spray with cooking oil and dust with some sugar and cinnamon, about 1 teaspoon of each for each pan.
- Set pans aside. Or, grease TWO 9 x 5 loaf pans, but you will need additional 10 minutes for baking.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter together with a hand mixer or food processor. Beat in the eggs, one at a time until smooth. Add bananas while beating, then sour cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and flour. Beating on high speed until well combined.
- Pour and divide the batter equally into the prepared baking pans. Sprinkle on top each pan with blueberries. Take a knife and gently push each blueberry down into the batter. Next, scatter the remaining blueberries on top. Finally, lightly sprinkle with ground cinnamon and sugar on top.
- Place the loafs on the middle rack in the oven.
- BAKE for 1 hour for three (8 x 3 pans). OR Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes for two
- (9 x 5 pans), or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Invert and remove loaves from pans, while slightly warm, and wrap breads tightly with clear-wrap. Refrigerate. They will stay fresh all week long. You can freeze the breads up to 3 months. Before serving, allow the breads to completely defrost, transfer onto a serving platter and sprinkle with powered sugar on top.
- Makes 3 (8 x 3), or 2 (9 x 5) blueberry banana breads