Ever wonder what to do with your very ripe bananas? Loaded with ripe bananas, The Ultimate Banana Bread is super moist and it’s made with simple ingredients. Delicious cake-like banana bread bursting with flavor, it’s impossible not to have a second serving!
The Ultimate Banana Bread…
Straight out of the oven, and while I was slicing, and slicing, everyone kept eating and eating, and heck!
…I almost didn’t get this photograph, HONEST! That’s how good this banana bread is.
So moist, it practically melts in your mouth!
All you need is a glass of milk or some coffee to go with it. It’s truly amazing!
Simple and wholesome ingredients turn this bread into a delicious treat for breakfast, or even as a snack!
Add a slice of this homemade banana bread into your children’s lunch box as a snack. They will love it too! Better than any junk food.
Reasons to Love this recipe for Banana Bread…
- This recipe makes 3 loaves of banana bread.
- The recipe calls for simple and staple ingredients.
- All natural ingredients.
- No additives and no preservatives.
- You can easily freeze them, and they freeze well for up to one month.
Ideally, it’s convenient to have loaves of bread in the freezer, especially around the holidays, or when guests come to visit.
It’s always nice to be able to have something else on the table, other than eggs, pancakes, or yogurt for breakfast. Don’t you think?
In the meantime, enjoy this recipe for banana bread, and have a great day!
Here are a few Great Tips:
- Ever wonder what to do with your very ripe bananas? Instead of tossing them out, just throw them into your freezer.
- Peel them and place them into a freezer zip-lock storage bag.
- When you need a banana for a recipe, just take out what you need, allow the bananas to defrost a little, then add them to your recipes.
- Use them for ice cream recipes and toss a few in your favorite smoothies!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup butter - at room temperature
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large very ripe bananas- mashed
- 8 ounce of sour cream( or plain yogurt)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. baking soda
- 3 + 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease THREE 8 x 3 loaf pans using 1 tablespoon of butter, or spray with cooking oil and dust with some sugar and cinnamon. Set baking pans aside.
- Or, grease TWO 9 x 5 loaf pans, but you will need additional 10 minutes for baking.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter together with a hand mixer or food processor.
- Beat in the eggs until smooth. Add the bananas while beating.
- Then add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Beating on high speed until well combined.
- Pour into the baking loaf pans.
- Sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on top of each loaf.
- Place the loaves on the middle rack in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour (or for 9 x 5 pans, bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes) or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool for 8 minutes, remove loaves from pans, cool completely, and wrap bread with clear-wrap and refrigerate. They stay fresh all week long. Freeze bread for up to 3 months.
- Makes 3 (8 x 3) loaves
Yield:3 loaves (24 servings)
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 7.2gCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 16.3gProtein: 3.6g