Ever wonder what to do with your very ripe bananas? Loaded with ripe bananas, The Ultimate Banana Bread is super moist and it’s made with simple ingredients. Delicious cake-like banana bread bursting with flavor, it’s impossible not to have a second serving!
Straight out of the oven, and while I was slicing, and slicing, everyone kept eating and eating, and heck! …I almost didn’t get this photograph, HONEST! That’s how good this banana bread is.
So moist, it practically melts in your mouth!
All you need is a glass of milk or some coffee to go with it. It’s amazing! Simple and wholesome ingredients, turns this bread into a delicious treat for breakfast, or even as a snack!
Add a slice of this homemade banana bread into your children’s lunch box as a snack. They will love it too! Better than any junk food.
This recipe makes 3 loaves. You can easily freeze them, up to one month.
Ideally, its convenient to have breads in the freezer, especially when guests come to visit. It’s always nice to be able to have something else on the table, other than eggs, pancakes or yogurt for breakfast. Don’t you think?
In the meantime, enjoy this recipe for banana bread and have a great day!
Here’s a Great Tip:
Ever wonder what to do with your very ripe bananas? Instead of tossing them out, just throw them into your freezer. Peel them and place them into a freezer zip-lock storage bag. When you need a banana for a recipe, just take out what you need, allow the bananas to defrost a little, then add them to your recipes. Use them for ice cream recipes and toss a few in your favorite smoothies!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup butter - at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large very ripe bananas- mashed
- 8 ounce of sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. baking soda
- 3+1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease THREE 8 x 3 loaf pans using 1 tablespoon of butter, or spray with cooking oil and dust with some sugar and cinnamon. Set baking pans aside.
- Or, grease TWO 9 x 5 loaf pans, but you will need additional 10 minutes for baking.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter together with a hand mixer or food processor.
- Beat in the eggs until smooth. Add the bananas while beating.
- Then add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Beating on high speed until well combined.
- Pour into the baking loaf pans.
- Sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on top of each loaf.
- Place the loafs on the middle rack in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour (or for 9 x 5 pans, bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes) or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool for 8 minutes, remove loaves from pans, cool completely and wrap breads with clear-wrap and refrigerate. They stay fresh all week long. Freeze breads up to 3 months.
- Makes 3 (8 x 3) loaves
If you try the ultimate banana bread super moist, make sure to give it 5 stars in the recipe card above! Leave a comment as well. Sharing your experience and insights will not only help those who reads them, but will helps us too!
You may snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram; and tag us @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook and share your photos with the world! 🙂
Plus, NEVER MISS our Recipes! …enter your email in our “SUBSCRIBE BOX” and receive them FREE every time we post a new recipe, and reminders of some great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
xo Anna and Liz