One bowl, no-mixer and less than 10 minutes to throw it all together, this Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread is so incredibly moist inside, it will fall apart while you’re eating it. Sounds too good to be true? It’s not! You may even want to serve it as a cake instead of bread.
Loaded with zucchini, unsweetened cocoa, chocolate chips and topped with more chocolate frosting and mini chocolate chips, makes this triple chocolate zucchini bread the best one I have EVER made!
Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread is truly a chocolate lover’s dream!
This is another ‘make-ahead’ that’s simple and incredibly decadent. It’s not only loaded with cocoa and chocolate chips, but it’s also even topped with my favorite dark chocolate ganache and mini chocolate chips.
The ganache is simply made with real chocolate and a touch of heavy cream, making it super rich, super creamy and super chocolaty!
The incredible depth of the dark chocolate flavor in this bread is what makes this triple zucchini bread a huge hit!
Best of all, no one will ever notice there are 2 cups of zucchini in this bread. To say the least, this recipe happens to be the BEST zucchini bread out there!
This is the one that melts-in-your-mouth kind of bread. No kidding. It’s truly SO YUMMY!
And everyone who takes their first bite will go bonkers! Trust me on this one!
A few weeks ago we made our Death by Chocolate Zucchini Muffins and decided this time to make it into a Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread.
Why not! More chocolate is always better! Right?
It’s the perfect bread (or cake/dessert) to serve at a dinner party or potluck; and a healthier alternative to chocolate cake!
You’ll have to try this recipe!
Cooks Notes and Tips:
1. Grating zucchini takes too long and is tedious work. Rather than grating them manually, I found an easier way and used my mini food processor to turn the zucchini into tiny pieces. You can find the mini-food processor here on Amazon.
2. Also, 2 medium zucchinis gave me the 2 cups I needed for this recipe.
3. No need to squeeze out the water from the zucchini. For this recipe, you will need the excess liquid in the zucchini to make this bread super moist in texture.
4. Store zucchini bread in a sealed container at room temperature, up to 2 days. Best to keep them in the refrigerator, to keep fresh longer, up to one week, if it lasts that long.
More Decadent Bread Recipes!
…Thanks for PINNING !!
Some of the ingredients you will need:
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 1 + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted unsalted butter, and extra
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups packed grated zucchini ( 2 medium-size or 3 small ones)
- 2/3 cup bitter-sweet chocolate chips (65% cacao)
For Chocolate Ganache:
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch loaf pan with some butter and dust with cocoa powder and set aside.
- In one large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg and egg yolk until smooth and it is a pale yellow color, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add (slightly cooled) melted butter and vanilla extract and continue to whisk until smooth. Whisk in the zucchini. Then slowly whisk in the cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and flour until all the flour mixture is well incorporated, about 2 minutes or 25 strokes. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the loaf pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Bread should be done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow the bread to slightly cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Make the Chocolate Ganache:
- In a small double boiler, heat 1 tablespoon of heavy cream for 1 minute, then add the chocolate chips. Stir the chips until they melt and remove from heat.
- Allow the ganache to cool for about 2 minutes. Then spread ganache on zucchini bread and sprinkle on top with mini chocolate chips. Store the zucchini bread in a large container.
- Yields: 10 slices
This chocolate zucchini is best served at room temperature or warm.