Cinnamon Sweet Potato Quick Bread is an easy recipe that’s made with mashed sweet potato, good old-fashioned oats, eggs, and milk, and topped with a sugar-cinnamon crumble. It features a sweet vanilla icing drizzled on top. YUM! Best of all, this bread requires no-knead and no waiting to rise. It’s perfect with your morning coffee, latte, or tea.
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Quick Bread
There’s nothing better than the scent of cinnamon bread baking in the oven.
It brings everyone into the kitchen, salivating for a slice of this delicious cinnamon sweet potato quick bread. It’s so good.
They can’t wait to try it! 🙂
What is a Quick Bread?
- Quick bread is made with baking soda and baking powder instead of yeast.
- Quick bread requires no-knead, and no-rise. Therefore, there’s no extra time needed to wait for the bread to get ready.
- Other quick breads include our 10 best muffin recipes, brownies, as well as banana bread, soda bread, biscuits, cornbread, and scones.
Ingredients Overview for Cinnamon Sweet Potato Quick Bread…
- SWEET POTATO: mashed sweet potato, must be very soft and mushy.
- SUGAR: dark brown sugar
- OIL: canola or vegetable oil
- MILK: low-fat milk, or non-dairy
- EGGS: large eggs
- EXTRACT: vanilla extract
- FLOUR: all-purpose flour
- OATS: old fashioned oats (not instant)
- SPICES: pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon
- OTHER: baking soda
How to Make Cinnamon Sweet Potato Quick Bread? (*full recipe card on the bottom)
- First, boil one sweet potato, until it is very soft, about 20 minutes or more. Measure only one cup. Do not add in extra, or it will ruin the recipe.
*NOTES & TIPS for Sweet Potato:
- Boil one sweet potato the night before or early morning for at least 20 minutes or more, until the fork can easily slide through.
- Remove from the water, and allow cooling before peeling and mashing. The potato should be very soft, and mushy.
- Measure one cup, then chill it until you’re ready for this recipe.
2. Second, use a good whisk to whisk together all the liquid ingredients in a large bowl. Then add in the dry ingredients, and continue to whisk until well combined.
3. Third, pour into a prepared 9 x 5-inch baking bread pan. Next, make the cinnamon brown sugar crumble and sprinkle it over the batter.
4. Next, Bake for about 55 minutes to one hour, until the toothpick comes out clean.
5. Final Step: make the vanilla Icing, and mix together the ingredients for the icing, When the bread is completely cooled, drizzle over the bread and serve.
Reasons to LOVE this Cinnamon Sweet Potato Quick Bread:
- Made in ONE bowl!
- It is an easy recipe and makes a delicious breakfast bread that’s healthier.
- This quick bread contains veggies and healthy oats.
- The sweet potato is completely hidden, giving this bread its moist and delicate flavor.
- This recipe is adapted from our cinnamon sweet potato muffins.
- A delicious recipe that contains some beta-carotene and vitamins A and C.
- Plus, no fancy equipment is required, only a good whisk will do!
Storing and Freezing:
- It’s best to store this bread at room temperature, covered with clear wrap, or on a cake plate with a cover. It will stay fresh for several days.
- If planning to freeze this bread, I would recommend not drizzling the icing on top. It will not hold when frozen and will fall apart and even entirely fall off when thawed.
Thanks for PINNING!
Additional Delicious Recipes for Quick Bread…
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
- Easy Homemade Cornbread Recipe
- 1 cup (328grams) mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (54.4grams) canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (8 Tbsp.) low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup (136grams) of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (80grams) of old-fashioned oats ( not instant)
- cooking spray
For The Crumble:
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
For the Vanilla Icing:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. F (180C).
- Prepare a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray on the bottom and sides. Then dust with flour on all sides. Set it aside.
- In one large mixing bowl, whisk together sweet potato, brown sugar, oil, milk, and eggs until well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients, spices, baking powder, flour, and oats. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared bread pan.
BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON CRUMBLE:
1. In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon with brown sugar. Sprinkle the mixture over the batter.
2. BAKE on the center rack in the oven, for about 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until the toothpick turns out clean.
3. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 5 to 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. Then gently flip it over to remove the bread. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before drizzling the icing on top.
FOR THE VANILLA ICING:
1. In a small bowl, blend all the ingredients with a spoon.
2. Then drizzle diagonally over the bread. Then serve.
Keep in mind, the time to prep does not include the time to boil the sweet potato.
Also, if you decide to make muffins, prepare a 12 muffin pan with paper cups. Then bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Yield:10 to 12 slices
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 6.2gSaturated Fat: 1.3gCarbohydrates: 24.5gFiber: 1.4gSugar: 7.9gProtein: 3.7g
Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 1 serving, Servings: 10 to 12 slices. Amount per serving Calories: 167, Daily Value*Total Fat: 6.2g, Saturated Fat: 1.3g, Cholesterol: 32mg, Sodium: 35mg, Total Carbohydrate: 24.5g, Dietary Fiber: 1.4g Total Sugars: 7.9g, Protein: 3.7g, Vitamin D: 8mcg, 41%, Calcium: 71mg5%, Iron: 1mg7%, Potassium: 176mg 4%.
That’s it friends!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to 2 Sisters Recipes. Enter your email in our “Subscribe Box” and receive our recipes “FREE” every time we post and reminders of great older ones too.
If you try our Cinnamon Sweet Potato Quick Bread recipe, let us know, and leave a comment below.
Enjoy and have a great day!
Happy Baking! 🙂
xo anna and liz