Apple Cinnamon Blondies
Apple Cinnamon Blondies are loaded with diced apples and cinnamon with the perfect balance of autumn flavors in every bite. Deliciously moist and fluffy, and with caramel undertones, these blondies are incredible! Best tasting ever! Your home will be filled with a fragrant aroma of cinnamon and apples. YUM!
What are Apple Cinnamon Blondies?
Apple Cinnamon Blondies happens to be a simple dessert made with staple ingredients from the pantry. These are sometimes called apple brownies or apple bars, but without the chocolate – they’ve been named apple blondies.
They are usually cut into bars. If you have only a round springform pan, you can bake it in that, instead of a square pan. Then they can be cut into triangles, like mine.
This is an easy recipe that basically takes 10 minutes to whip up in one mixing bowl. Then it is baked for about 30 to 35 minutes.
These delicious apple blondies are adapted from our friend Liz, over at That Skinny Chick Can Bake, and they turned out GREAT!
They are the perfect combination of apples and cinnamon flavors in every bite. As soon as they come out of the oven, everyone couldn’t wait to get their hands on them.
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Blondies?
(*Full recipe card below!) For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 + 1/2 cups of diced apples – I used Macintosh apples
- ground cinnamon
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of flour
- salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- 2 kinds of sugars – both brown sugar and granulated sugar
- 1 egg
Quick Directions to Make Apple Blondies…
Here are our easy step-by-step directions to make these apple blondies:
Step 1: Dice the apples, and measure about 1.5 cups.
Step 2: In a mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars. Beat and cream the butter with sugars and vanilla extract until smooth.
Third Step: Next, beat in one egg. Then add all the dry ingredients and beat until smooth and well combined.
Fourth Step: Toss in the diced apples and stir into the mixture until well combined. The mixture will be very thick.
Step 5: Meanwhile, butter the bottom and sides of an 8 x 8 square baking pan, or like I did here a 9-inch round springform pan.
Step 6: Transfer the apple mixture to the pan and use the back of a spoon or spatula to smooth out the top.
Final Step: Bake in the center rack of the oven, at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, until the toothpick comes out clean.
Remove and allow the cake to cool for a few minutes. Then open the clip and slice it into pieces and serve.
A Few Notes and Tips…
- These blondies turned out moist and cake-like, rather than a thick, dense brownies.
- Best to measure only 1.5 cups of diced apples. You may be tempted to add in more, but if you do, they will turn out too moist and may fall apart.
- I used Macintosh apples, but feel free to use your favorite apples.
- All ovens vary, and baking times will vary as well. Therefore, we recommend it’s best to check these blondies with a toothpick when it comes out clean.
Apple Cinnamon Blondies are wonderful to celebrate the fall…
Serve them warm or at room temperature. They are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.
You can sprinkle some powdered sugar on top for a pretty (bakery-style) presentation.
The result? They disappeared in a flash! Oh well …I guess I have to make a second batch now. (and maybe, …this time, in a square baking pan!) 😉
Try this recipe, it won’t disappoint.
Additional Recipes for Apples…
- Apple Cherry Pecan Crisp
- Cinnamon Apple Cider Donuts
- Easy Maple Walnut Apple Crisp
- Cinnamon Apple Sweet Potato Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake
- Easy Apple Crisp Pie
Apple Cinnamon Blondies
Apple Cinnamon Blondies are loaded with diced apples and cinnamon with the perfect balance of flavors in every bite. Deliciously moist and fluffy, these blondies are incredible best tasting ever!
- 8 Tbsp. of unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 + 1/2 cups of diced apples (2 small apples, I used Macintosh)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180C). Butter the bottom and sides of an 8 x 8-inch baking pan or a 9-inch round springform pan.
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter and sugars until they are creamy and smooth. Next, beat the egg in the mixture.
- Add all the dry ingredients, and beat until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the diced apples and stir until well combined. Spread in the prepared baking pan and smooth the top using the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the toothpick, comes out clean.
- Allow cooling for a few minutes before cutting into bars or triangles.
Yields: 8 to 9 servings
- Vitamin D 9mcg 44%,
- Calcium 29mg 2%
- Iron 1mg 6%,
- Potassium 104mg 2%
Yield:8 to 9 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 10.9gCarbohydrates: 35.1gFiber: 1.4gSugar: 22.9gProtein: 2.3g
Thanks for pinning!
If you make these Apple Cinnamon Blondies, please let us know! If you make any substitutions, please tell us! It will benefit everyone who reads them.
Leave a comment with a star rating below! Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag #2sistersrecipes to our Instagram and Pinterest too!
We’d love to see what you baked! 🙂
Don’t forget to Subscribe and get our recipes “FREE” every time we post a new one and reminders of some great older ones too!
Happy Baking! 😉
thanks for stopping by…
xo anna and liz