Maple Walnut Apple Crisp is an easy apple crisp made with maple syrup, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, rolled oats, and honey crisp apples. Each serving is very light and totally delicious! A fall favorite, this apple crisp is going to be a delightful treat to serve this season.
What is an Apple Crisp?
Apple crisp is a dessert made with fresh chopped apples and baked with either a streusel or a crumble topping. It’s sometimes called an apple crumble as well.
Regardless, it is an amazingly simple dessert! No frills and no complicated ingredients. It’s very straightforward and quick enough to whip up and bake.
We’ve even made apple crisp in a pie with our Easy Apple Crisp Pie recipe and it is very popular. So, be sure to check it out.
This maple walnut apple crisp is a dessert that hollers “fall” all over it. With cinnamon and maple undertones, the sweet flavors make a delightful treat and one you can whip up quickly and easily.
The apples are tender, while the walnut-oat crumble is crunchy and delicious tasting.
Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, this dessert is sublime.
Best of all, while it’s baking in the oven it makes the whole house smell amazing!
For this Maple Walnut Apple Crisp recipe, you will need…
Honey Crisp apples – 3 large ones
pure maple syrup
For the Walnut-Oats Topping:
rolled oats or old-fashioned oats
all-purpose flour (or GF flour)
light brown sugar
cold unsalted butter
How to make our Maple Walnut Apple Crisp?
For this recipe, there are 2 easy steps, one bowl, and a few staple ingredients to make this dessert amazing! (*full recipe card below!)
Peel, core and chop up 3 large apples. Measure 6 heaping cups. Transfer into a large mixing bowl. Add cinnamon and maple syrup and toss to coat the apples. Then, transfer the apple mixture to an 8×8 baking pan.
Next, using the same mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients to make the walnut-oat crumble. Mix with a pastry cutter or with your fingers, whichever you prefer. Then sprinkle the crumble over the apples and bake.
Everyone will go bonkers over this easy dessert. It’s so good, it’s addicting.
This recipe will serve 6. It’s the perfect little dessert that’s practically effortless.
Oh, and don’t forget to serve it with vanilla ice cream. (it’s the best!)
Try it – you’ll love this apple crisp as much as we do!
The walnut-oats crumble on top will stay “crunchy” only the day you bake it fresh. After 24 hours, the crumble texture will soften.
Store on the counter, covered with clear wrap. It will stay fresh for up to 3 days. (if it lasts that long!)
Finally, a few more delicious recipes for apples…
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake
- Easy Apple Cake
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Easy Apple Crisp Pie
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 6 cups (472 grams) of cored, chopped apples (3 large Honey Crisp Apples)
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
For the Walnut-Oats Topping:
- 1/2 cup (27 grams) rolled oats or old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup (32 grams) all-purpose flour (or GF flour)
- 1/3 cup (56.7 grams) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (28 grams) finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter
- Preheat Oven to Bake at 375 degrees F (190.6 C).
- Peel, core, and chop the apples (6 cups) and toss them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add ground cinnamon and maple syrup, and toss until the apple pieces are well coated with the maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Transfer to an 8 X 8 baking pan, or 1 + 1/2 -quart casserole dish.
- Using the same mixing bowl. Add rolled oats, flour, light brown sugar, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Cut the butter into pieces and use a pastry cutter or your hands to mix the mixture until it forms a crumble. Sprinkle the crumble over the apples evenly.
- Bake on the center rack, for 45 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Serves 6
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 9.7gCarbohydrates: 54.8gFiber: 6.7gSugar: 37.2gProtein: 3.4g
… Thanks for Pinning!
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9.7g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 54.8g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||24%|
|Total Sugars 37.2g|
|Vitamin D 4mcg||20%|
That’s it friends!
Are you cooking or baking with us? If you make this delicious Maple Walnut Apple Crisp, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating on our recipe card!
We’d love to hear from you.
Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and leave a comment here and on Pinterest if you like. We’d love to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE! Enter your email in our “Subscribe Box” and receive our recipes FREE every time we post and reminders of great older ones too! This recipe was inspired and adapted by myrecipes.
Happy Baking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!