Farfalle with Chicken Capers Sundried Tomatoes and Spinach. Farfalle pasta gets tossed with chicken, capers, sundried tomatoes, fresh spinach, and arugula in a delicate velvety sauce made with white wine, butter, chicken broth, and light cream. This fabulous pasta dish is made with 5 healthy ingredients which turn it into a satisfying, one plate meal!! A simple meal and easy to make – but big on flavor!
My family was craving pasta the other night and since this one turned out so good, I had to post it.
Farfalle with Chicken Capers Sundried Tomatoes and Spinach happens to be one of my family’s favorite dishes for dinner. And quite frankly, I love it too because it’s super easy for me to put it together in no time.
The creamy sauce is created in minutes and it’s the secret to this amazing pasta dish. It’s very light, delicate and very tasty.
Not heavy or weighed down with a ton of fat or calories.
The velvety sauce came together very quickly with a few staple ingredients. Plus, everything is cooked in one large skillet, which made this perfect for easy cleanup!
To make Farfalle with Chicken Capers Sundried Tomatoes and Spinach:
First, take one package of chicken cutlets and cut each cutlet into 2-inch strips.
Next, sauté the chicken in a deep skillet with olive oil, butter, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Add in the capers, sundried tomatoes, white wine, vegetable broth, and some half-and-half cream, and simmer for a few minutes more and the sauce is done!
Meanwhile, toss the pasta into a pot of boiling water. When Farfalle pasta is ready, drain and then and toss in all ingredients together.
At the last minute, throw in a handful of fresh baby spinach and baby arugula into the mix; and by all means, feel free to add as much as you like, they will quickly wilt into the mix.
Fresh healthy greens always add nutrients along with some vibrant color into the dish.
Loaded with so much flavor and textures, a one-dish meal, or one-pot wonder – or whatever you may call this dish, you can be sure it’s loaded with deliciousness!
Farfalle with Chicken, Capers, Sundried Tomatoes, and Spinach contains all the carbs, protein, and healthy greens in one dish – makes this a win-win in all categories!
So good, everyone will ask for seconds! I loved the fact it took about 20 minutes to get it to the table, Yay!!!! …and the rave reviews coming from my family were even better!
If you need a suggestion on a particular wine that would go well with this pasta dish? We recommend a simple, refreshing, light white wine like a Pinot Grigio from the Alto Adige region of Italy.
Cheers and ENJOY!!
For More Tasty Pasta Dishes like this one… check out these!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves- sliced
- 3 skinless chicken cutlets- cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 5 to 6 sundried tomatoes in oil - chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, or half-and-half light cream
- 1 pound Farfalle (bow-ties) pasta
- 1 package
- 3 cups packed mixed fresh baby spinach and baby arugula
- grated Parmesan cheese, at the table for serving
- In a large skillet, on medium heat, heat olive oil, butter, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Sauté garlic until golden, about 2 minutes. Add chicken, salt and pepper, and sauté until chicken is fully cooked about 4 minutes.
- Add capers, sundried tomatoes, and white wine and reduce heat to simmer for 2 minutes. Add in vegetable broth and cover with a lid. Continue to simmer until the broth is heated through.
- Then stir in the cream and simmer until cream slightly thickens. Turn off the heat.
- Meantime, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the boiling water. Add farfalle (bow-ties) pasta and cook pasta until al-dente, about 6 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup of boiling water and set aside.
- Drain pasta. Transfer pasta back into the pot. Slowly, transfer the entire skillet with the chicken mixture and cream sauce into the pot. Add in fresh baby spinach and arugula and the reserved water. Toss the pasta until everything is well combined. Remove from heat.
- Serve into individual bowls with grated Parmesan cheese at the table.
- Serves 4 to 6