Easy Baked Swordfish comes out flaky, juicy and delicious tasting every time! This quick and easy seafood dinner is perfect for busy weeknights. The secret to this flavorful baked swordfish is in the marinade! This includes: lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, white wine and green onions. It takes only four simple ingredients to make this swordfish amazingly juicy and best tasting! With its moist and tender texture, you will fall in love with this swordfish recipe after one bite!
The fall season is upon us, but seafood lovers can make this dish all year long.
This recipe for easy baked swordfish is effortless, as little as 5 minutes to prep and then pop it into the oven for about 18 to 22 minutes, depending on the oven you use.
When you bake swordfish with this simple marinade, it turns out flavorful.
In fact, you will be delighted and surprised after you take your first bite! A wonderful dish even for children because swordfish doesn’t have any bones.
What to look for when buying Swordfish…
Swordfish steaks should be at least 1 +1/4-inch thick or more.
Raw swordfish steaks should be firm to the touch.
They should also have a tight swirled flesh to it.
Make sure there’s No fishy smell to it. It should smell like the sea.
No dull or discolored skin.
And the meat color can vary from white, ivory to a pink-ish color.
Swordfish steaks are one of the easiest seafoods you can make.
It’s often grilled on the barbecue or grilled inside on stove-top, like our recipe for Swordfish Oreganata. However, I prefer baking swordfish in the oven simply because it’s easier and faster!
Keep in mind, you don’t want to over bake swordfish or it will turn out dry.
Easy Baked Swordfish is a great dish to serve family and friends! Try this recipe, you’ll be glad you did!
Don’t forget to PIN and SHARE it on your Seafood Board!
For more delicious seafood ideas and recipes follow us on Instagram and Pinterest! If you have any questions, please ask away!
And, don’t forget if you make this easy baked swordfish dish, please leave a comment and a star rating below!
We’d love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Anna and Liz
Easy Baked Swordfish
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 1 serving
Easy Baked Swordfish is easily baked in the oven and turns out flaky, juicy and delicious tasting every time! This quick and easy seafood dinner is perfect for weeknights and one you'll enjoy making all year long!
- 1 swordfish steak (about ½ pound)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus extra
- 1 tsp. garlic powder - divided
- 2 large lemons - divided
- sea salt
- 2 to 4 green onions (scallions) - chopped
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. white wine
- extra lemon slices, as garnish
- Preheat oven to Bake at 375 degrees F, (190.6 degrees C)
- Use a deep, baking dish just large enough to hold the sword fish steak. I used a medium size baking dish for this recipe, a 2.5 quart (or 2.3 L ) baking dish.
First for the Marinade:
- On the bottom of the baking dish, drizzle 1 + ½ tablespoons of olive oil, and squeeze 1 whole lemon, then sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of ground garlic powder.
- Place the swordfish steak on top of the first layer of marinade.
- Then, drizzle on top of the swordfish steak with a little extra virgin olive oil, the remaining ( ½ teaspoon) garlic powder and juice of the second lemon on top of the fish.
- Sprinkle with some sea salt on top of the steak. Then scatter with chopped green onions all around and on top of the fish. Then scatter white wine on top.
- Set it aside and let it sit for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Then BAKE for 18 to 22 minutes, or until swordfish is white, fully cooked and tender to the fork when touched.
- Transfer to a serving plate, pour the remaining lemon sauce over the swordfish steak and serve.
- Serves 1
Never Miss a Recipe from 2 sisters recipes! Just enter your email in our ‘Subsribe Box’ that’s located in our side bar!