Roasted Parmesan Zucchini (GF)
Roasted Parmesan Zucchini will make a flavorful side to complement any entrée you serve it with. An old Italian recipe, these zucchini disks are easily roasted with Parmesan cheese plus 4 additional ingredients, creating a flavorful parmesan-crusted topping. YUM!
Delicious Zucchini Roasted with Parmesan…
Zucchini is a great vegetable to keep on your weekly shopping list, it’s a healthy vegetable for everyone, and this recipe is perfect because:
- they’re loaded with nutrients and protein
- low in calories
- easy to sauté, bake or roast
- loaded with vitamins C, B6, iron, calcium and magnesium
- and totally gluten-free!
Overview of Ingredients Needed for Zucchini Roasted with Parmesan…
- 3 large zucchini
- garlic powder
- grated parmesan cheese
- grated pecorino cheese
- dried or fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- freshly chopped basil
How To Make Roasted Parmesan Zucchini?
(*Full recipe card on the bottom)
1. First, slice each zucchini into disks.
2. Transfer to a large “prepared” roasting pan.
3. Spread them in a single layer, and the best you can.
4. Next, sprinkle them with grated cheeses, seasonings, and herbs. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over them.
5. Roast for 15 to 18 minutes, until they are golden brown. (see my notes below)
6. Serve with additional grated cheese scattered over them, along with freshly chopped basil. Then serve!
How Long to Roast the Zucchini?
Depending on your oven, and temperatures, you can roast zucchini:
- at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
- at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- at 450 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
Delicious options to serve roasted parmesan zucchini with…
There are so many options to serve these roasted parmesan zucchini as a side dish, here are some of our favorites:
- London Broil Steak Grilled
- Baked or Roast Branzino with Lemon
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets
- Baked Crusted Cod
If you’re a vegetarian? … you can toss them with your favorite cooked rice, pasta, or quinoa! YUM!
Perfect for meatless Mondays too!
Questions & Answers with Great Tips…
1. Do we need to turn them over while roasting? No, it is not necessary.
2. Can we make them ahead? Yes, but they will soften as they cool down. You will need to reheat them in the oven. You can “Broil” them for 1 or 2 minutes to get them crispy again.
3. Do we need to peel the skins off? No, we prefer the skins left on with this recipe.
4. How many zucchini will we need? Because zucchini tends to shrink when it’s cooked, it is best to estimate: 1 large zucchini per person.
Additional Delicious Recipes for Zucchini…
- BEST Zucchini Lasagna – without Noodles!
- Zucchini Rollatini with Spinach and Cheese
- Spaghetti with Zucchini alla Nerano
- Zucchini Pepperoni Pizza Boats
- Zucchini Sticks Oreganata
Roasted Parmesan Zucchini
Roasted Parmesan Zucchini will make a flavorful side to complement any entrée you serve it with. Simple, easy and quick recipe for zucchini to roast and serve!
- 3 large zucchini - rinsed, dried and ends cut off
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. grated pecorino cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra
- 3 tsp. of dried or fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- freshly chopped basil, as garnish
- salt, to taste
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. (232C).
- Spray a large roasting pan with olive oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- On a cutting board, slice each zucchini into 1/4 -inch thick disks. Transfer to the roasting pan and spread them into a single layer the best you can.
- Scatter over them with all the seasonings, herbs, and both grated cheeses.
- Drizzle over them with extra virgin olive oil.
- ROAST (on the middle rack) for 15 to 18 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove and use a spatula to transfer the zucchini to a serving platter. Sprinkle some additional grated cheese over them, then with some freshly chopped basil, and serve.
Both pecorino and parmesan cheese offer enough salt to the zucchini. However, everyone's taste is different, and if you taste one and feel you need to add some salt, then please do so.
For Crispier Zucchini? Leave them in the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or turn your oven to "broil" and broil zucchini for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove, and serve.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 13gCarbohydrates: 9.2gFiber: 2.8gSugar: 4.5gProtein: 10.2g
NEVER MISS our Recipes! …enter your email in our “SUBSCRIBE BOX” and get them “FREE” every time we post a new recipe and reminders of some great older ones too!
Tried our Roasted Parmesan Zucchini? Let us know and leave a comment with a star rating in our recipe card below!
Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, or share it on Pinterest. We love sharing what you make!
Stay in touch on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, for all the latest updates.
Thanks for stopping by…
Happy and Healthy Cooking!
xo anna and liz
I had to think for a minute when you say ‘broil’; not a word we use here 🙂
I hear you, Sherry! This is what it means: ” Broil” or Broiling uses only the upper heating element in your oven, applying high temps to the top of dishes to cook and crisp delicate foods or brown the top of already-cooked dishes. I hope this helps! 🙂
one of our fave local restaurants always has these on the menu. Soooo delicious.
These are so good and easy to make! thanks, Sherry!