This Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding is rich, creamy smooth, and tastes amazing! Best of all, it contains healthy fat and less sugar than most chocolate puddings per serving! This no-cook homemade chocolate pudding is topped with some grated chocolate and mini chocolate chips for some added texture and more chocolate flavor.
It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and ready in 10 minutes from start to finish!
This Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding is good enough to enjoy as breakfast in the morning or as a healthy alternative snack in the afternoon!
Everything about this dairy-free chocolate pudding recipe is very likable! Loaded with fresh avocado, banana, almond milk, and cocoa powder and blended together makes this one hell of a pudding!
Plus, it’s low in sugar and contains healthy fats, instead of corn starch and granulated sugar. And it’s very easy, and takes minutes to make!
The texture is creamy decadent!
In addition, when you add in some semi-sweet chocolate mini chips to this chocolate pudding, it not only adds more depth to the chocolate flavor but an enjoyable crunch too!
I loved the fact that this dairy-free chocolate pudding has a real dark chocolate flavor to it, which I prefer over milk chocolate.
You can easily whip this up in the morning and serve it immediately, or refrigerate and enjoy it later in the day.
The good news is when my hunger strikes in the afternoon, I can enjoy this luscious chocolate pudding and not feel guilty.
It completely satisfies my chocolate craving, and the 1/4 cup serving (or may be close to 1/2 cup) was just enough and very filling.
Can we serve this Chocolate Pudding as dessert? Yes, of course!
You can certainly serve this Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding as a dessert – no special occasion required.
A tip to give it an elegant appearance is to dress it up with some sweetened whipped cream and shimmering dust of cocoa on top.
Perfect! Give it a try!
A Cook’s Notes and Tips…
It is best to chill the banana and ripe avocado before making the pudding. This way, you can serve it immediately, if you need to.
Be careful not to add too much banana, or it will overpower the chocolate flavor. I used only half of a small banana.
Always taste the pudding and adjust the amount of sweetness to your liking, adding increments of maple syrup, if you need to. Same with adjusting the cocoa powder to balance the chocolate flavor.
If the mixture is too thick, add a few more drops of almond milk until you reach the desired consistency.
For some texture and additional crunch to the creamy texture, you can toss in a few semi-sweet chocolate mini chips into the pudding just before you scoop into your serving glasses.
Garnish with some grated chocolate on top and a few mini chocolate chips.
If your plan to make ahead, you will need to cover each serving glass tightly with clear wrap and refrigerate. Then remove the clear wrap from each glass before serving.
You can make ahead up to one day. The pudding will hold for a day or two, but it’s best to consume it the day you make it.
Serve with whipped cream or fresh berries.
More Dairy-Free Desserts to enjoy…
… Thanks for PINNING!
Delicious tasting, this dairy-free chocolate pudding is a real treat to enjoy any time of day!
It’s healthy too! Try it!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and cut up
- 1/2 of a small banana - cut up
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. of almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder (depending on how you like it), I used 1 cup + 1 Tbsp.
- 1 + 1/2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate mini chips, for grating and garnish
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- You will need to stop and scrap down the sides of the blender, once or twice. If the mixture is very thick, add a more few drops of almond milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Scoop into serving bowls or 4 ounce glasses, and top with some grated chocolate and a few semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Serve with whipped cream, or with a few fresh berries on top. Cover tightly with clear wrap and chill for a few hours before serving.
- Yields: 3 to 4 (1/2 cup each) servings
Serving Size:1 serving (1/2 cup)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 14.9gCarbohydrates: 19.2gFiber: 3.7gSugar: 7.1gProtein: 3.4g