Our Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding is rich, creamy smooth, and tastes amazing! Best of all, it contains healthy fat and less sugar than most chocolate puddings per serving! This “no-cook” chocolate pudding is ready in 10 minutes. Plus, it’s gluten-free, vegan, and dairy-free. Topped with some grated chocolate and mini chocolate chips for some added texture and flavor.
Everything about this dairy-free chocolate pudding recipe is delightful! NO cornstarch, NO gelatin, and NO butter.
This Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding is good enough to enjoy as breakfast in the morning or as a healthy alternative snack in the afternoon!
Loaded with fresh avocado, banana, almond milk, and cocoa powder and blended together makes this an amazingly thick, and creamy pudding!
Besides, it’s low in sugar and contains “healthy fats,” instead of corn starch or granulated sugar.
Plus, it’s very easy, and takes minutes to make!
The texture is creamy and decadent!
In addition, we added some semi-sweet chocolate mini chips to this chocolate pudding recipe.
It not only adds more depth to the chocolate flavor but also an enjoyable crunch too!
I loved the fact that this dairy-free chocolate pudding has a real dark chocolate flavor to it, which I prefer over milk chocolate. 😉
You can easily whip this up in the morning and serve it immediately, or refrigerate and enjoy it later in the day.
Ingredients Needed for Our Chocolate Pudding…
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- ripe avocado
- small banana
- almond milk
- vanilla extract
- dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- pure maple syrup
- semi-sweet chocolate mini chips
How To Make Our Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding?
This recipe only requires a simple blend of these ingredients in your blender until it’s smooth, thick, and creamy. (*Full recipe card below!)
Notes and Tips for Success…
It is best to chill the banana and ripe avocado before making the pudding. This way, you can serve it immediately, if you need to.
Be careful not to add too much banana, or it will overpower the chocolate flavor. I used only half of a small banana.
Always taste the pudding and adjust the amount of sweetness to your liking, adding increments of maple syrup, if you need to. Same with adjusting the cocoa powder to balance the chocolate flavor.
If the mixture is too thick, add a few more drops of almond milk until you reach the desired consistency.
For texture and additional crunch to the creamy texture, you can toss in a few semi-sweet chocolate mini chips into the pudding just before you scoop them into your serving glasses.
Garnish with some grated chocolate on top and a few mini chocolate chips.
If your plan to make it ahead, you will need to cover each serving glass tightly with clear wrap and refrigerate. Then remove the clear wrap from each glass before serving.
You can make it ahead up to one day. The pudding will hold for a day or two, but it’s best to consume it the day you make it.
Serve with whipped cream or fresh berries.
Q & A…
1. Can we use other non-dairy beverages?
Yes, I believe you can. Try it with coconut milk, and let us know how it turns out.
2. Can we serve this chocolate pudding as dessert?
Yes, of course! You can certainly serve this Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding as a dessert – no special occasion is required.
3. How to store it?
Cover each serving glass with clear plastic wrap and refrigerate to keep them chilled. The chocolate pudding with stay fresh for up to 2 days. But it’s best consumed the day you make it.
4. Can we freeze this pudding?
Not recommended. But if you try to, let us know how it turns out.
Additional notes about our chocolate pudding…
- The good news is when my hunger strikes in the afternoon, I can enjoy this luscious chocolate pudding and not feel guilty.
- It completely satisfies my chocolate craving, and the 1/4 cup serving (or maybe close to 1/2 cup) was just enough and very filling.
- A tip to give it an elegant appearance is to dress it up with some sweetened whipped cream and shimmering dust of cocoa on top.
Delicious tasting, this dairy-free chocolate pudding is a real treat to enjoy any time of day!
It’s healthy too! Try it!
…Thanks for PINNING!
Additional “Dairy-Free” Dessert Recipes…
- No-Bake Dairy-Free Vanilla Toasted Almond Panna Cotta
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake
- No-Bake, Dairy-Free Chocolate Cream Pie
- Silky Chocolate Cream Pie
- Chocolate-Covered Dates (No-Cook)
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and cut up
- 1/2 of a small banana - cut up
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. of almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder (depending on how you like it - I used 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp.)
- 1 + 1/2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate mini chips, for grating and garnish
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- You will need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender, once or twice. If the mixture is very thick, add a more few drops of almond milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Scoop into serving bowls or 4-ounce glasses, and top with some grated chocolate and a few semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Serve with whipped cream, or with a few fresh berries on top. Cover tightly with a clear wrap and chill for a few hours before serving.
- Yields: 3 to 4 (1/2 cup each) servings
Serving Size:1 serving (1/2 cup)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 14.9gCarbohydrates: 19.2gFiber: 3.7gSugar: 7.1gProtein: 3.4g
That’s it, friends! Are you baking or cooking with us?
If you try our dairy-free chocolate pudding recipe, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating in our recipe card below! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, or share it on Pinterest.
We’d love to see what you make! 🙂
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post! Also, follow us on Facebook too!
Have a Great Day! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo anna and liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!