Silky Chocolate Cream Pie (No-Bake & Dairy-Free)
This No-Bake Silky Chocolate Cream Pie is dairy-free, keto-friendly, and delicious! If you’re not much of a baker and literally have NO time on your hands, then this pie is for you! Loaded with protein and antioxidants, instead of fat, this chocolate cream pie is made with only 5 ingredients, and it’s ready in 15 minutes!
This silky chocolate cream pie is a recipe adapted from our popular recipe for No-Bake Dairy-Free Chocolate Cream Pie.
Today, it’s a celebration to have your cake and eat it too … without any guilt!
now…can I get a Hallelujah?
I wanted to make my favorite silky chocolate cream pie and jazz it up!
So, I decided to add some whipped cream, grated white chocolate, and even tossed in some mini chocolate chips on top to give it some extra crunch. 😊
This is the perfect decadent dessert for your loved ones, holidays, and any special occasion!
It’s an effortless dessert to prepare and one that is dreamy and fabulous!
I can only recommend that you make this chocolate cream pie… and judge for yourself!!
What Makes this Dessert SOooo Fabulous?
The texture is silky smooth with a rich flavor of chocolate.
It’s made with Silken Tofu, plus dark chocolate chips, coffee liqueur, honey, and vanilla extract.
It’s high in protein instead of high in FAT, like most pies are.
Loaded with antioxidants from dark chocolate chips.
This dessert won’t break the bank! Silken Tofu costs under $3.00 per package.
It takes about 5 minutes to make, not counting the prep time for the tofu to rest on the counter to warm up.
For our VEGAN friends, just omit my whipped cream on top and enjoy this pie. Instead, make coconut whipped cream for this dessert. Only I recommend using the canned coconut cream.
And what’s more, this chocolate cream pie is adaptable to using a variety of already graham cracker pie crusts, including gluten-free pie crust, the new walnut pie crust, and pecan pie crust.
COOK’s NOTES and TIPS for Silky Chocolate Cream Pie:
- The perfect dessert to make ahead and chill overnight.
- It’s very important to allow the temperature of the Tofu to warm up on your counter for at least 15 minutes or more before blending it with hot melted chocolate. Otherwise, the coldness of the Tofu may not blend very well and will ruin the mixture.
- For this recipe, it is best to blend in a food processor.
- Be sure to POUR in the melted chocolate through the feed tube on top and while it’s still very hot before it starts to cool down. This will ensure the Tofu will blend into a creamy mixture.
- This chocolate cream pie will be very warm and needs to be chilled in the refrigerator, uncovered for a few hours. Stays fresh for up to 2 days.
- Best served chilled.
Questions and Answers…
1. What is Tofu?
Tofu is a plant-based product made from soybeans. It’s made from the curds of soymilk and those curds are pressed into blocks and then made into different textures such as soft, firm, and extra firm.
2. Where Can I Buy Tofu?
Silken tofu can be found in the dairy section at your local supermarket. You can even find organic Silken Tofu at Whole Foods, or buy it online. Tofu is inexpensive, it costs under $3.oo per package.
Be sure to buy the “soft” Silken Tofu and not the “firm” one. Soft tofu is one that is used primarily for desserts, whereas firm tofu is used for cooking.
3. Can I Omit the Coffee Liqueur?
Yes, you can! I have made this pie a dozen times and made it only once without any liqueur, and it still tasted great! So no worries, it won’t be a deal-breaker.
Your family and friends will LOVE this silky chocolate cream pie!! Give it a try!
More Decadent Desserts!
- Skinny Chocolate-Mocha Mousse
- Gluten-Free French Chocolate Cake
- Mini Brownie Cups Filled with Nutella
- Dark Chocolate & Strawberry Ice Cream Roll
- Best Decadent Chocolate Cake
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Also, try these No-Bake Desserts!
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Bites (Gluten-Free & Vegan)
- No-Bake Blackberry Cheesecake
Yield: 8 servings
Silky Chocolate Cream Pie - Dairy Free!
Silky Chocolate Cream Pie is a celebration to have your cake and eat it too and without any guilt! Simply because it's dairy-free and loaded with protein and antioxidants instead of fat. Plus, this is a no bake chocolate cream pie that takes less than 15 minutes to make from start to finish!
Prep Time 13 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 12-ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur (I used Kahlua)
- 14-ounces Silken Tofu SOFT - room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ready ( 9-inch) chocolate pie crust (or a gluten-free crust)
- Optional: white chocolate grated, and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, as garnish
For Whipped Cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream (or canned coconut cream)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- First, open the package of Tofu and drain the liquid. Set it aside to warm up to room temperature for at least 15 minutes, and before you start melting the chocolate.
- When you are ready, prepare the ready pie crust,. Open the package and set it aside.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips until completely melted.
- Whisk vigorously the coffee liqueur as you pour it into the melted chocolate. Remove from heat, so you don't burn the chocolate.
- Use a food processor (or blender). Add Silken Tofu, honey and vanilla. Blend on high speed for about 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth and well blended.
- Carefully open the spout of the food processor ( or blender) and slowly pour in the hot chocolate mixture while it's still blending on medium speed. The melted chocolate has to be hot in order to get the consistency needed for this chocolate pie. Close the lid.
- Press on the highest speed, and puree for a few minutes, until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a 9-inch pie crust.
- Chill uncovered for 3 to 4 hours, then you can cover or lightly wrap with clear wrap. Or chill overnight. Garnish on top with some grated white chocolate, along with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips. Serve sliced with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
- Yields: 6 to 8 slices
TO MAKE WHIPPED CREAM:
- In a stainless steel mixing bowl, beat heavy cream with vanilla extract for about 3 minutes. Continue to beat on high speed and add in powdered sugar while beating, until it forms peaks. Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve with the pie.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Protein: 5. 4g
Thank you for this delicious recipe which I’m trying out today with the silken tofu! I appreciate that it’s a dessert without gluten and sugar (except a little in the very dark chocolate I am going to use)! My whipped coconut milk topping will also be without sugar! I can even make it into a pudding and omit the crumb base!!
You are so welcome Sandra! And yes! The coconut cream will make a lovely whipped cream substitute for this pie! I would suggest serving the whipped topping on the side or on top of each slice when serving. Enjoy!!
This sounds fabulous and something I’d love to make for my husband whose favorite dessert was chocolate cream pie when we were first married 🙂
So sweet ! Thanks so much!