This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is easy to make and bursts with banana and chocolate flavors. Made in one bowl and in one hour, this recipe makes 3 loaves – enough to feed a crowd or enough to freeze some for later. Serve warm or at room temperature, this decadent chocolate chip banana bread is loaded with real bananas and mini chocolate chips. It’s so delicious, you can’t help yourself eating a second piece!
We have been making banana breads for years, and this chocolate chip banana bread is a tried and true recipe. We love it as much as we love our Blueberry Banana Bread, and our original recipe for the Ultimate Banana Bread-Super Moist!
When you take your first bite, you’ll love its super moist cake-like texture and its banana and chocolate flavors througout the bread. This chocolate chip banana bread is decadent all alone!
But if you want to make it even more decadent and more chocolate-delicious? Then go ahead and top the bread with a chocolate ganache or chocolate frosting, and then sprinkle with mini chocolate chips on top.
How to Make an Easy Chocolate Ganache:
Take 1 cup of semi-sweet mini chocolate chips and melt them in a double boiler or in the microwave until smooth. If you melt chocolate chips in the microwave, place the chocolate it in a glass bowl and microwave them in increments of 1 minute each time, and stirring the chocolate in between until it’s smooth.
Use a spatula to spread a layer of the melted chocolate on top of the chocolate chip banana bread and sprinkle with some mini chocolate chips on top. Then serve.
Decadent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is just that – decadently chocolately! It’s the perfect bread to go with your morning coffee or tea. Even an ideal snack for kids lunch boxes too!
Ok, now it’s time to pin, print, save, tag or bookmark this recipe or however in the moment you prefer.
Are you baking with us? If you try this recipe, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest.
It makes us happy to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE everytime we post! Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Happy Baking! 🙂
Decadent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Recipe type: Breakfast / Snack
Serves: 3 loaves
This Decadent Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is easy to make and bursts with banana and chocolate flavors. Made in one bowl and in one hour, this recipe makes 3 loaves, enough to feed a crowd or enough to freeze some for later.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter - at room temperature
- 1 + ½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large ripe bananas - mashed
- 8-ounce plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage, O % milkfat)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. baking soda
- 3 + ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Set the rack in the center of the oven.
- Grease THREE 8 x 3 loaf pans using 1 tablespoon of butter and dust with some sugar, or flour. Set aside. OR ...TWO 9 x 5 loaf pans, but you will need additional 10 minutes for baking.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter together with an electric hand-mixer, or food processor.
- Beat in the eggs until smooth. Add the bananas while beating.
- Then add the Greek yogurt, cinnamon, salt and baking soda, and beat on high speed until well blended.
- Next, beat in the flour, one cup at a time and beat until well blended. Remove the beaters.
- Then finally, stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour and divide equally into the three prepared pans and spread the batter evenly.
- Place the breads on the middle rack in the oven.
- BAKE for 1 hour (or for 9 x 5 pans, bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes) or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool for 5 minutes, then remove banana breads from pans. Allow to cool for 5 minutes more before wrapping them in clear wrap.
- You can serve immediately, while the chocolate chips are still warm and melting inside.
- Best served warm or at room temperature.
- Then wrap the other breads with clear-wrap and leave out for 1 day, or refrigerate. They stay fresh all week long. Freeze breads up to 2 months.
- Also, it's best to top with a layer of chocolate ganache and mini chocolate chips just before you serve.
- Makes 3 (8 x 3) loaves