These gluten-free Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pecan Cookies are lace cookies with a crispy crunchy crust on the outside and chewy chocolaty texture on the inside. Made easily and baked for 8 to 10 minutes, with additional chocolate drizzled on top makes them SO good, you can’t stop eating them.
With no flour needed, Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pecan cookies always turn out delicately light and dead-on delicious!
A weight watchers cookie with just a few more points added….okay, maybe just an extra point. So yummy!
Only this one is even better, with a bonus of extra chocolate drizzled on top, these cookies have more dense chocolate flavor!
Made with all the fine ingredients this recipe calls for like brown sugar, rolled oats, chocolate chips and chopped pecans, it’s no wonder why they are so popular.
My sister Liz loves making them and even calls these cookies her devilish cookies! Because these cookies are a cinch to make, she bakes dozens at a time and freezes them in trays, so she can bring them whenever she visits friends.
And where ever she brings them? Everyone raves how delicious, and just can’t get enough of them! They practically melt-in-your-mouth with every bite, and even addicting!
As you can see, I took these photos in a hurry, while the chocolate on top was still warm. My family couldn’t wait to get their hands on them.
And neither could I.
So make sure that when you grab a cookie or two, have someone nearby to stop you. Because with these cookies? You CAN’T just have two! This is by far our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pecan Cookies are perfect cookies to serve guests or even to snack on in the afternoon with some tea or coffee.
Here’s a Tip:
This recipe calls for pecan nuts, but you may substitute any kind of nut you prefer….or leave them out completely. Either way, they will taste just as great!
…Thanks for Pinning!!
More Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
- 1+ 1/4 cups of rolled oats (I use Quakers Oats, old fashioned oats)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp. table salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted ( 5 Tbsp.+ 1/3 Tbsp.)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips - for mixture
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips melted - to drizzle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a large wooden spoon and a large mixing bowl. Mix together in a large bowl, the oats, sugar, baking powder, pecans, and salt.
- Add butter, egg, and vanilla to the Oats Mixture: mix well.
- Add 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to mixture.
- Drop by small teaspoons of batter onto prepared cookie sheets and flatten each out, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies until edges turn golden, about 8-11 minutes, depending on the oven. Do not over bake.
- Let cookies cool for a few minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
- In a double boiler. Melt 1/2 cup of Semi-Sweet chocolate chips.
- Using a fork... drizzle melted chocolate on top of each cookie. Wait for cooling before removing.
- Chocolate on top takes about 10-15 minutes before cools completely enough to handle them. Store in seal containers or foil trays. Cookies freeze well up to 3 weeks.
- Yields: 2 to 3 dozen, depending on the size of the cookie