Chewy Triple Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are loaded with butter, sugar, chocolate pudding, semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate chips. Crunchy on the outside and buttery soft, chewy on the inside, these chewy triple chocolate chip pudding cookies are melt-in-your-mouth quality! If you store them in a tight container, they will surprise you and stay moist and chewy for days, if they last that long!
Years ago, I heard of adding a pudding mix occasionally into cake recipes to make them moist; but never heard of adding it to a cookie recipe, until now.
I wanted to make a super rich chocolate-chocolate chip cookie. I wanted it to be super moist, and stay moist for days.
So when I found this recipe from my foodie friend Sue from Savoring Time in the Kitchen, I knew I had to make them.
How to Make These Chocolate Cookies…
I decided to add in a devil’s food instant pudding mix along with 2 kinds of chocolate chips, a semi-sweet and a bittersweet chocolate chips in order to get that rich chocolate flavor I was looking for.
The results were truly amazing!
These cookies turned out better than I expected with a buttery texture that stays moist and chewy even after the cookie cools down.
Best of all, with the richness of chocolate chips throughout the cookie – it melts in your mouth with every bite.
Take my word for it – it’s the perfect cookie!
Are you looking for more chocolate chip cookie recipes?
Check out some of our favorites:
- EASY Whole Wheat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
- Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies
- 11 Tbsp. butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (3.8 ounces) package instant devil's food pudding mix
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 + 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips ( 60% cacao, Ghirardelli)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180C)
2. In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy and smooth.
3. Add and beat in the chocolate pudding mix until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add baking soda and beat until well combined. Slowly add the flour and beat to incorporate well.
4. Last, add in both chocolate chips and stir well to mix them throughout the dough.
5. Place cookies on a silicone baking mat, or parchment paper lined baking sheet. You can drop them by tablespoons full or use a medium cookie scoop for uniform cookies and bake for about 10 to 11 minutes, depending on your oven.
6. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before removing. Baked cookies will freeze well, as does the cookie dough.
7. Yields: 4 dozen medium-sized cookie
If you try these Chewy Triple Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating! We’d love to hear from you. Sharing your insights and experiences helps everyone who reads them, and helps us too!
Don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes “FREE” every time we post, and reminders of great older ones too!
Happy Baking! 🙂
Enjoy and have a good weekend!
xo anna and liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!