These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are incredibly chewy, chocolaty, and made with simple pantry items, you’ll never need to buy a box again! Added as a bonus, they’re quick, easy, and ready in 15 minutes! Most of all, they stay chewy for days!
This classic and vintage recipe has been my “go-to” cookie recipe since I can remember. I love this recipe because I have been making them since I was a teenager and I still use the same simple recipe today.
Reasons to LOVE this Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe…
- Quality ingredients are what make these favorite chocolate chip cookies so good.
- The ingredients are so simple, yet the overall result is always amazingly chewy with a decadent chocolate taste in every bite.
- When you need a quick, easy, and delicious treat, this is it!
- Whipped up in one bowl, these cookies include 1 stick of butter, 1 egg, 1 cup of brown sugar, vanilla extract, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and lots of dark chocolate morsels.
- You can Make-Ahead, and chill the cookie dough. Then scoop the dough, transfer to a cookie sheet and bake!
- The dark chocolate morsels used in this recipe is what makes these cookies even more decadent with every bite! They are slightly larger in size than regular chocolate chips, but they have a richer, more chocolate flavor than any other chocolate chips on the shelf.
- This recipe is always consistent!
- These cookies always have a chewy texture with a rich depth of flavor, making them the BEST Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies today!
Nothing beats homemade chewy chocolate chip cookies!
For these cool rainy days, these homemade chewy chocolate chip cookies are all you need to cozy up on your favorite chair and enjoy them with a great cup of coffee, a cup of tea, or a glass of milk!
Make them small (as I did here) or make them larger. Either way, they make the perfect treat.
How Do These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Stay Chewy for Days?
One tip I know always works, is to store these cookies in a sealed plastic container, before they cool completely. You have to store them while they are still warm, not hot – just warm enough to handle them.
It’s a good idea to line the bottom of the container with a sheet of wax paper to protect the cookies from getting stuck on the bottom of the container.
Another good tip is to always keep an eye on them while baking, not to over bake them. This will ensure a chewy texture to the cookie; so it’s always a good idea to set your timer to 8 minutes for smaller cookies, and 10 to 12 minutes for larger-size cookies.
Now Let’s Make these cookies!
More Cookie Recipes for you to enjoy!
Thanks for Pinning and Sharing!!
Are you baking with us? If you try our chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating on our recipe card!
It makes us happy to see what you bake! 🙂
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)- very soft, even slightly melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 + 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1+ 1/4 cups Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees ( 175C).
- In ONE bowl, beat sugars with butter, vanilla, and egg. Add salt, baking soda, and baking powder and beat for 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add the flour and beat until well combined. Scrape and remove cookie dough off beaters.
- With a large wooden spoon, stir in the DARK chocolate morsels. Cookie dough will be soft and ready for baking.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookies sheets or on parchment paper and space them about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes for smaller cookies, and 10 to 12 minutes for the larger size. Cookies will be golden and brown around the edges. Remove from oven and transfer cookies onto a wire rack to cool for a few minutes more. Then store cookies in a sealed plastic container while they are still warm. They will stay fresh and chewy for days.
- Yields: about 3 dozen
The dark chocolate morsels are slightly larger in size; therefore, 1 cup of dark chocolate morsels will be sufficient in this recipe. If you choose to use semi-sweet chocolate chips or mini chips you will need 1 + 1/2 cups.