These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are incredibly chewy, chocolaty and made with simple pantry items, you’ll never need to buy a box again! Added as a bonus, they’re quick, easy and ready in 15 minutes! Most of all, they stay chewy for days!
This classic and vintage recipe has been my “go-to” cookie recipe since I can remember. I love this recipe because I have been making them since I was a teenager and I still use the same simple recipe today.
Quality ingredients is what makes these favorite chocolate chip cookies so good. The ingredients are so simple, yet the overall result is always amazingly chewy with a decadent chocolate taste in very bite.
When you need a quick, easy and delicious treat, this is it! Whipped up in one bowl, these cookies include 1 stick of butter, 1 egg, 1 cup of brown sugar, vanilla extract, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and lots of dark chocolate morsels.
The dark chocolate morsels used in this recipe is what makes these cookies even more decadent with every bite! They are slightly larger in size than regular chocolate chips, but they have a richer, more chocolaty flavor than any other chocolate chips on the shelf.
This recipe is always consistent! The cookies always have a chewy texture with a rich depth of flavor, making them the BEST Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies today!
Nothing beats homemade cookies!
For these cool rainy days, these homemade chewy chocolate chip cookies are all you need to cozy up on your favorite chair and enjoy them with a great cup of coffee, cup of tea or a glass of milk!
How do these Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies stay chewy for days?
One tip I know always works for me, is to store these cookies in a sealed plastic container, before they cool completely. You have to store them while they are still warm, not hot – just warm enough to handle them. Best to line the bottom of the the container with a sheet of wax paper to protect the cookies from getting stuck on the bottom of the container.
Another good tip is to always keep an eye on them while baking, not to over bake them. This will ensure a chewy texture to the cookie; so it’s always a good idea to set your timer to 8 minutes.
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)- very soft, even slightly melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 + ¾ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1+ ¼ cups Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In ONE bowl, beat sugars with butter, vanilla and egg. Add salt, baking soda and baking powder and beat for 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add the flour and beat until well combined. Scrape and remove cookie dough off beaters.
- With a large wooden spoon, stir in the DARK chocolate morsels. Cookie dough will be soft and ready for baking.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookies sheets or on parchment paper and space them about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes for smaller cookies, and 10 minutes for larger size. Cookies will be golden and brown around the edges. Remove from oven and transfer cookies onto a wire rack to cool for a few minutes more. Then store cookies in a sealed plastic container while they are still warm. They will stay fresh and chewy for days.
- Yields: about 3 dozen
Thanks for stopping by!! And thanks for Pinning!!