Chewy Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are simply made in minutes and are distinctively more chewy and chocolaty delicious! These cookies are easily made with 1 egg, 1 stick of butter, 1 cup of light brown sugar, salt, vanilla, unsweetened cocoa, flour, and semisweet chocolate chips. Why bother to buy a box when you can make these cookies right in your own kitchen!
I don’t know about you, but I crave chocolate every day! And it can be anything, from a chocolate bar to a chocolate cookie.
So when I decided to make my normal batch of chewy chocolate chip cookies, I added some unsweetened cocoa powder and voila!
I turned my batch of chocolate chip cookie dough into a Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookie dough. Then baked them into these amazing chewy-delicious cookies!
What else can I say? You’ll have to try them and see for yourself!!
Rich, chewy and double chocolaty goodness – bursts with every bite. YUM! So simple and easy to make no need to buy the box- right?
Try this recipe!!
If you’re a newbie here, check out our original recipe for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies and get our TIP on how to make them SO chewy!!
It’s Memorial weekend, and I thought you might enjoy some of these recipes!
Have a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend!!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder ( I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 + 3/4 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I used Trader Joe's)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In ONE bowl, beat sugars with butter, vanilla, and egg. Add salt, baking soda, baking powder, and unsweetened cocoa powder and beat for 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add the flour and beat until well combined. Scrape and remove cookie dough off beaters.
- With a large wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips. Cookie dough will be thick, soft and ready for baking.
- Drop by teaspoon onto non-stick cookies sheets or on parchment paper and space them about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes for smaller cookies, and 10 to 12 minutes for the larger size. Cookies will be golden and brown around the edges. Remove from oven and transfer cookies onto a wire rack to cool for a minute more. Then store cookies in a sealed plastic container while they are still warm. They will stay fresh and chewy for days.
- Yields: about 3 dozen
If you make these chewy dark chocolate chocolate chip cookies, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating in our recipe card. We’d love to hear from you!
Or snap a photo and hashtag it, and tag us @2sistersrecipes. It’s fun to see what you make! 🙂
Also, NEVER MISS our Recipes! Subscribe to 2 Sisters Recipes Weekly Newsletter and get all new posts, and reminders of some great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
xo Anna and Liz