Chewy Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are simply made in minutes and are distinctively more chewy and chocolaty delicious! These cookies are easily made with 1 egg, 1 stick of butter, 1 cup of light brown sugar, salt, vanilla, unsweetened cocoa, flour and semisweet chocolate chips. Why bother to buy a box when you can make these cookies right in your own kitchen!
I don’t know about you, but I crave for chocolate every day! And it can be anything, from a chocolate bar to a chocolate cookie.
So when I decided to make my normal batch of chewy chocolate chip cookies, I added some unsweetened cocoa powder and viola!
I turned my batch of chocolate chip cookie dough into a Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookie dough. Then baked them into these amazing chewy-delicious cookies!
What else can I say ? You’ll have to try them and see for yourself!!
Rich, chewy and double chocolaty goodness – bursts with every bite. YUM! So simple and easy to make…
Try this recipe!!
If you’re a newbie here, check out our original recipe for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies and get our TIP on how to make them SO chewy!!
It’s Memorial weekend, and thought you might enjoy some these recipes!
Have a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend!!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder ( I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 + 3/4 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I used Trader Joe's)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In ONE bowl, beat sugars with butter, vanilla and egg. Add salt, baking soda, baking powder and unsweetened cocoa powder and beat for 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add the flour and beat until well combined. Scrape and remove cookie dough off beaters.
- With a large wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips. Cookie dough will be thick, soft and ready for baking.
- Drop by teaspoon onto non-stick cookies sheets or on parchment paper and space them about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes for smaller cookies, and 10 to 12 minutes for larger size. Cookies will be golden and brown around the edges. Remove from oven and transfer cookies onto a wire rack to cool for a minute more. Then store cookies in a sealed plastic container while they are still warm. They will stay fresh and chewy for days.
- Yields: about 3 dozen
If you make these chewy dark chocolate chocolate chip cookies, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating in our recipe card. We’d love to hear from you!
Or snap a photo and hashtag it, and tag us @2sistersrecipes. It’s fun to see what you make! 🙂
Also, NEVER MISS our Recipes! Subscribe to 2 Sisters Recipes Weekly Newsletter and get all new posts, and reminders of some great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
xo Anna and Liz