These Chewy Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy, and bursting with chocolate flavor! All you need is 1 egg, 1 stick of butter, 1 cup of light brown sugar, salt, vanilla, unsweetened cocoa, flour, and semisweet chocolate chips. Why bother buying a box when you can make them at home?!
I don’t know about you, but I crave chocolate every day! And it can be anything, from a chocolate bar to a chocolate cookie.
The Story Behind These Chewy Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies…
So when I decided to make my usual batch of our chewy chocolate chip cookies, I only needed to add some unsweetened cocoa powder to my recipe, and voila!
I turned my normal batch of chocolate chip cookie dough into a Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookie dough.
Then baked them into these amazing chewy-delicious cookies!
***Best of all, these cookies are made with all-natural and clean ingredients…. No fillers… No palm oil… and, No preservatives!
Ingredients Needed for these Double Chocolate Chip Cookies…
- butter – unsalted butter or cream butter.
- brown sugar – I used light brown sugar.
- granulated sugar – just a few tablespoons are added in.
- egg – one large egg is required for this recipe.
- vanilla extract – of course, to enhance the flavors of the cookies.
- salt – to balance the sugars.
- baking powder and baking soda – to make these cookies rise.
- unsweetened cocoa powder – to make their dark chocolate cookies.
- unbleached flour – needed to give cookies texture.
- semi-sweet chocolate chips – to give them the extra chocolate flavor and crunch in every bite.
A few BAKING TIPS:
- Use a teaspoon to grab some cookie dough and make balls and place them onto a cookie sheet (as I did in the photo).
- Do not flatten out the cookie dough. This will give you a “thicker” cookie, and a chewy texture.
- Do not overbake. So it’s best to keep an eye on them.
- Also, all ovens vary. So when you start to smell the chocolate aroma coming from your oven, that means the cookies are almost done baking. This is when you will need to check on them.
Chewy Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies Turned Out Amazing!
Rich, chewy, and double chocolaty goodness – bursts with every bite. YUM!
So simple and easy to make, well all I can say is, there is no need to run out and buy the box… right?
What else can I say? You’ll have to try them and see for yourself!!
Ok then, now let’s make these cookies!! Oh, and don’t forget to let us know how they turn out!
Happy Baking! 🙂
Also, if you’re a newbie here, check out our original recipe for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies and get our TIPS on how to make them SO chewy!!
TIPS on How To Make Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Stay Chewy for Days?
One tip I know always works for me, is to store these cookies in a sealed plastic container, before they cool completely. You have to store them while they are still warm, not hot – just warm enough to handle them.
Best to line the bottom of the container with a sheet of wax paper to protect the cookies from getting stuck on the bottom of the container.
Another good tip is to always keep an eye on them while baking, not to overbake them. This will ensure a chewy texture to the cookie; so it’s always a good idea to set your timer to 8 minutes for small cookies and about 10 for slightly larger ones.
Don’t forget to PIN your cookie or dessert board! Thanks so much!
More Favorite Cookie Recipes for You!
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies
- Tea Shortbread Cookies
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) (113.4 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (200 grams) (packed) light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder ( I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 + 3/4 cups (224 grams) of unbleached all-purpose flour (or GF flour)
- 1 + 1/2 cups (255 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I used Trader Joe's)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180.C).
- In ONE bowl, beat sugars with butter, vanilla, and egg. Add salt, baking soda, baking powder, and unsweetened cocoa powder and beat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the flour and beat until well combined. Scrape and remove cookie dough off beaters.
- With a large wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips. Cookie dough will be thick, soft, and ready for baking.
- Drop by teaspoon onto non-stick cookies sheets or on parchment paper and space them about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes for smaller cookies, and 10 to 12 minutes for the larger size. Cookies will be golden and brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies onto a wire rack to cool for a minute more. Then store cookies in a sealed plastic container while they are still warm. They will stay fresh and chewy for days.
- Yields: about 3 dozen
Serving Size:1 serving (2 Cookies)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 7gCarbohydrates: 23.3gFiber: 1.1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2.2g
In case you missed it…
Most Popular Recipes of the Week:
- How to Make Lasagna with No-Boil Noodles (4 Easy Steps)