Fast & Easy Oven Roasted Baby Back Ribs. Juicy tender and succulent oven roasted baby back ribs made easy! An easier way to make pork ribs ‘barbecue-style’ without the use of the grill is to boil them first, tenderizing the meat while it removes most of the fat and then oven roasting them with your favorite BBQ rub or sauce.
This is the perfect time of year to make these fast & easy oven roasted baby back ribs, without sitting out in the cold in front of your outdoor grill. This recipe is a simple 2 step process that requires NO fuss and NO mess when making baby back ribs barbecue-style!
Over the years, one thing we learned about cooking with pork ribs is the need to boil them first. The tip here is to boil them in water! It’s a clever way to eliminate and remove most of the fat from the ribs, and at the same time, it helps to tenderize the meat while it cuts the cooking time in half.
Once you boil the fat off the pork, leaving the ribs to be lean and tender, all that is left to do is to rub on your favorite BBQ sauce, and into the oven they go!
Everyone has a favorite barbecue sauce. And we do too! We love to bake these baby back ribs with a hickory, spiced barbecue sauce on them. I use my two favorites sauces, one is called Rib Rack, Southern Bourbon flavor and the other is Jack Daniels Hickory flavor.
Both sauces have a rich smoky flavor with a sweet taste of molasses that everyone loves. The sauce is SO GOOD, the ribs become finger-licking delicious!
Serve them with your favorite salad as a side, or cole slaw and our baked beans and this meal could be added to your list of making dinners for a family of 4 for under $20.00. Baby back ribs are also very inexpensive to buy, they cost about five dollars per pound and they cost even less if you find them on sale.
Try them! You’ll love them as much as we do!
THANKS for PINNING!
- 1.5 to 2 pounds Pork Baby Back Ribs (about 14 to 16 ribs)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup ( about 8 to 10 Tbsp.) BBQ Sauce
- cooking oil spray
- First, generously spray a 9" x 13" baking pan with cooking oil and set aside. Or for easier clean up, line the baking pan with foil wrap, and spray the foil wrap with cooking oil.
- In a large sauce pot, filled with water, half way. Add the baby back ribs into water. Cover and bring to boil. Boil ribs for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Preheat OVEN to 400 degrees F.
- Using kitchen tongs, remove the ribs and allow them to drain over the pot for a few seconds, and transfer them to the prepared baking pan. Drain and discard the greasy water.
- Rub your favorite barbecue sauce over the entire surface, using the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper over the ribs.
- BAKE uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, carefully placing hot baking dish on a safe surface, and flip over the ribs. Rub some more barbecue sauce over them. Place them back into the oven.
- Bake for additional 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cut them into pieces. Serve warm.
- Serves 4
Hello friends! Are you cooking with us? If you try this recipe, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram #2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest if you like.
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz
This recipe was originally posted in 2012. Content and recipe remain the same, only the photos have been updated.