These Chewy S’mores Cookies are loaded with graham crackers, mini marshmallows and semi-sweet chocolate chips. This recipe combines our favorite cookies with classic S’mores ingredients. Delicious tasting, easy to assemble, and they bake in 10 minutes! What’s not to love?!
Easy Chewy S’mores Cookies…
The fall is our favorite time to make classic S’mores, especially if you have a fire-pit in your backyard. Right?! And, what fun to make them into recipes like our S’mores dark chocolate bark, and the S’mores dip and these delicious chewy s’mores cookies!
An old classic S’mores recipe turned into a cookie? What better way to get the kids into the kitchen to help make these cookies too?
Serve them at parties, and game nights and even pop them into a lunch box. Everyone will love them and devour them in minutes!
How to Make Chewy S’mores Cookies?
We took our ultimate bittersweet chocolate chip cookie recipe, and modified it. Then we assembled them together, topped them with mini marshmallows, and baked them.
The result? Amazingly chewy cookie with your favorite S’mores ingredients in every bite. YUM!
Simple Pantry Ingredients for Chewy S’mores Cookies…
For our recipe, you need basic and easy-to-find pantry ingredients such as:
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- vanilla extract
- flour (or GF)
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- graham crackers
- mini marshmallows
Easy Directions To Make These S’mores Cookies…(+video below)
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees (180C).
- Make the cookie dough (full ingredients in our recipe card below).
- Next, open a package of graham crackers, and mini marshmallows.
4. Grab your cookie sheet and place a sheet of parchment paper to fit it. Then gently break each cracker in half and lay them down on cookie sheet.
5. Add some cookie dough on top each cracker. Then top with 3 or 4 mini marshmallows, then bake!
WATCH VIDEO! How to make Chewy S’mores Cookies? (1-minute)…
- Add additional mini marshmallows if you like.
- Add additional chocolate chips.
- Toss in a chunk of Hersey’s chocolate bar in the center.
- Make these S’mores cookies larger, just add more cookie dough over the cracker, but you will need additional baking time.
NOTES and TIPS for SUCCESS…
- Keep an eye on them while baking, because all ovens vary.
- It’s best to take them out when they are a light golden color. This will ensure they will be chewy, as expected.
- The cookies will be come out of the oven looking “puffed up” in the centers, but as they cool down, they will flatten.
- If you make the cookies larger, adding additional cookie dough, you will need to bake them for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Also, I used 2 teaspoons to scoop the cookie dough, but you can use a small size ice cream scoop.
Storing and Freezing…
To Store: Place these cookies into a ziplocked bag or a sealed container and leave them at room temperature. They will stay chewy for 3 days.
To Freeze: Freeze them in a sealed container, and freeze them for up to 2 months. Thaw the cookies on a platter for at least one hour before serving them.
Additional Cookie Recipes…
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
- Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Sandwich Cookies
- 12 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter - softened
- 1 cup (200 grams) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups (272grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 + 1/2 cups (240grams) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- A package of Graham Crackers, about 12 to 14 crackers are needed
- 2 cups (86grams) of mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180C).
- Cover 2 cookies sheets with a sheet of parchment paper and set them aside.
- Gently break the crackers in halves and place them onto the parchment paper, about 1 to 2 inches apart. Set aside.
- NEXT, Prepare the cookie dough.
- In ONE large mixing bowl, cream butter with both sugars. Beat in salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Beat in flour for 1 to 2 minutes, until well blended, scraping down the sides, and beat again. Remove the hand mixer.
- With a large wooden spoon, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoon onto each graham cracker, and top with 3 or 4 mini marshmallows.
- Bake (on the center rack) for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are golden around the edges of the cookies. Best to keep an eye on them, they will bake quickly. Allow them to cool for a few minutes. Then serve.
- Yields: about 2 to 3 dozen
Serving Size:1 serving (2 cookies)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 19.3gCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 2.3gSugar: 28gProtein: 5.1g
In case you missed it…
Most Popular Recipes of the Week:
- Easy Shrimp Bisque (+video)
- Fast & Easy Oven-Roasted Baby Back Ribs (+video)
- How to Make Lasagna with No-Boil Noodles (4-easy steps +video)
Enjoy our recipes? Tried this recipe? Let us know and leave a comment below! We’d love to hear from you…
Enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes “FREE” every time we post, and reminders of great older ones too!
Have a delicious weekend! 🙂
thanks for stopping by!
xo anna and liz