Snow Ball Christmas Cookies and Online Cookie Exchange. These buttery snow ball cookies, also known as Russian tea cookies, are the ultimate melt-in-your-mouth cookies made with crushed pecans and rolled in powdered sugar happens to be one of our favorite cookies during Christmas season.
For as long as we I can remember, my girls have always called these small buttery cookies the ‘Snow Ball Christmas Cookies.’ The name evolved from the popular Disney movie at that time ‘Snow White,’ which all little girls loved. Nowadays, all the little girls, including my granddaughter are into the current Disney movie ‘Frozen.’
You can gather your little bakers in the kitchen; play the song “Let it Go” as you sing along and create these easy-to-make confections. And at the same time, creating wonderful memories that will last a life-time!
Getting started is easy. Using simple ingredients such as butter, flour, powered sugar, and crushed pecans makes these cookies are so simple to make and bake. They’re so good! And everyone always looks forward to them year after year.
The recipe calls for slow baking them at 325 degrees for about 15 to 18 minutes and then roll them into the powered sugar while still warm and then again the second time once they cool completely.
All generations including kids of all ages will enjoy these snow ball cookies as much as we do.
I thought it would be fun to offer an online cookie exchange and invite some of our foodie-friends to be a part of it. The recipe for our Snow Ball Christmas Cookies will be at the bottom of this post for you to easily print.
In the meantime, enjoy some of our friends’ cookies as part of our virtual online cookie exchange!
Chocolate Pistachio Cranberry Biscotti by Roz
Lemon Ice Cookies by Dan
Cinnamon Stars by Tricia
Soft Gingersnap Cookies by Barbara
Pecan Shortbead Cookies by Susan, and Peppermint Macarons by Joanne
Are you baking with us? If you make this delicious cookies, let us know! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and leave a comment here and on Pinterest if you like.
We’d love to see what you cook!
Snow Ball Christmas Cookies
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Cookies / Holiday Cookies
Serves: 4 dozen
Snow Ball Christmas Cookies are buttery, sweet and melt-in-your-mouth cookies! Easy to make and bake and perfect for the holidays!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. water
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 F Degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, vanilla, and sugar. Creaming the mixture until light and fluffy. Blend in water.
- Gradually add in and combine the flour and salt, and beat until well blended. Add the pecans.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Or you can use a small ice cream scoop. Place balls at least 1-inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- While cookies are warm, roll into powdered sugar. Cool on wire racks for a few minutes.
- Then roll again (the second time) into powdered sugar.
- Store them in a sealed container up to one week. They freeze up to one month.
- Yields: 4 dozen snow balls
Thanks for Pinning and Sharing!!