Delicious Best Pumpkin Cookies are always soft, fluffy, and melt-in-your-mouth cookies topped with vanilla cream cheese frosting. So YUMMY! With an amazingly light texture and irresistible sweet flavors, make these the BEST pumpkin cookies EVER!!
My family loves to bake cookies, especially ones that can whip up in a matter of minutes. This happens to be one of those recipes!
Yep. No-fuss at all!
This recipe for pumpkin cookies couldn’t be any easier. Just use one bowl to mix all the ingredients, and bake for about 10 minutes. 🙂
Why are these the BEST pumpkin cookies?
First, they are very soft with a cake-like texture.
Second, the flavor is amazing! Sweet tasting with the perfect amount of pumpkin.
Third, the frosting on top is made with cream cheese and adds the perfect balance to these cookies.
Ingredients Needed for Best Pumpkin Cookies with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting:
3. baking soda
7. 1 egg
9. all-purpose flour (or GF)
10. pure pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
12. package of Philadephia cream cheese
All the ingredients are probably in your pantry and fridge. You will notice the cookie dough becomes very soft, similar to the Italian Lemon Cookies that we adore! And, that’s ok.
You can use an ice cream scoop to drop cookies onto the cookie sheet or use two teaspoons.
And while the cookies are baking in the oven, you can easily whip up the cream cheese frosting.
This recipe will yield about 3 dozen cookies, depending on the size you make them.
You can double this recipe, especially if you plan to make them for any upcoming gathering, cookie exchange party, or for the holidays.
The Frosting is Made with 4 Ingredients:
4-ounces cream cheese (1/2 brick) – softened
4 Tbsp. sweet butter – softened
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract or pure vanilla bean paste
1 cup powdered sugar
ground cinnamon, to dust on top
Make the Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting:
Lightly beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar together in a bowl and set aside.
Allow cookies to completely cool on a wire rack, before frosting.
Then, frost each cookie and sprinkle with ground cinnamon on top as the final touch.
Your Family and Friends will LOVE these Pumpkin Cookies!
These cookies are so delicious, everyone will go nuts over them.
To make them more festive, simply add a sprinkle of orange-colored sprinkles or orange-colored sugar crystals on top.
Kids of all ages will enjoy these pumpkin cookies – for sure!
No matter how you decide to frost them or even decorate them, the vanilla cream cheese frosting is delicious and pairs perfectly with the flavor of pumpkin.
When you take your first bite, you will fall in love, and so will your guests! But don’t take our word for it – you’ll have to try them and see for yourself!
Best Pumpkin Cookies with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting are fantastic in every way!
…Thanks for Pinning!
Extra ingredients (with links) for these fabulous cookies!
More Delicious Pumpkin Treats!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 cup sweet butter (2 sticks) or (16 Tbsp.)- softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree ( I used Libby's Pure Pumpkin)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 4 Tbsp. sweet butter - softened
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract or pure vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ground cinnamon, to dust on top
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees (180 C).
- In a large mixing bowl, and using a handheld electric mixer, beat on low speed, butter, and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon and beat until well combined.
- Beat in egg, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree. Then beat in the flour, while scraping the sides of the bowl into the mixture. Cookie dough will be very soft.
- Drop by teaspoons, about 2-inches apart. Or use a cookie scoop.
- Bake for only 10 minutes. Remove and allow cookies to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
Directions for Frosting:
- First, rinse and clean the beaters from the handheld mixer. Next, beat cream cheese with butter in a medium-size bowl.
- Then beat in the vanilla extract and then beat in the powdered sugar. The frosting is now ready to spread on cookies.
- Using a knife to spread a small amount of frosting on top of each cookie.
- Finally, lightly dust with some ground cinnamon on top. Store cookies in sealed containers.
- Yields: 30 to 34 cookies
In case you missed it…
MOST POPULAR RECIPES Of THE WEEK:
That’s it friends!
If you bake the best pumpkin cookies with vanilla cream cheese frosting, let us know and leave a comment below with a star rating! be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below. Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram and on Pinterest; be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes. Recipe inspired and adapted from allrecipes.com
We’d love to see what you baked!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and receive our recipes FREE every time we post!
Thanks for stopping by! … and Happy Baking! 🙂
Anna and Liz