Best Pumpkin Cookies with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting. Look no further since I know these are the BEST pumpkin cookies I ever had! These are melt-in-your-mouth Pumpkin Cookies topped with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting. Amazingly light, moist, and delicious, these Pumpkin Cookies have a mild flavor of pumpkin and topped with a not-too-sweet vanilla cream cheese frosting makes them just perfect!
I love baking cookies, especially the ones that I can whip up in a matter of minutes. This happens to be one of those recipes! No fuss at all to make and bake.
In fact, they’re easily made in one bowl and baked in only 10 minutes! Because they’re the softest, and most sweet tasting cookies, are the main reasons why they are the Best Pumpkin Cookies ever!
The ingredients are simple, you’ll need butter, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, ground nutmeg, cinnamon, an egg and flour. You’ll also need pumpkin puree too!
All the ingredients are probably in your pantry and fridge. The cookie dough becomes very soft, similar to our Italian Lemon Cookies that we adore! And it yields about 3 dozen cookies, depending on the size you make them.
You can double this recipe, especially if you plan to make them for any upcoming cookie exchange party.
While the cookies are baking, you can make the frosting. Lightly beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and powdered sugar together in a bowl and set aside. Allow cookies to cool on wire rack. Frost each cookie and sprinkle with ground cinnamon on top as the final touch. Perfect!
To make them even more festive, simply add a sprinkle of orange colored sprinkles or orange colored sugar crystals on top. Kids of all ages will enjoy these pumpkin cookies – for sure!
No matter how you decide to frost them or even decorate them, the vanilla cream cheese frosting is delicious and pairs perfectly with these soft pumpkin cookies. And when you take your first bite, you’ll fall in love!
Best Pumpkin Cookies with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting are fantastic in every way! And, they won’t disappoint!
Thanks for Pinning!
Some of the ingredients I used to bake these fabulous cookies!
If you bake these pumpkin cookies, be sure to leave a comment on the bottom of the post. Snap a photo and hashtag it #2sistersrecipes and stop by to visit us on Pinterest!
We’d love to see what you baked!
Best Pumpkin Cookies with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Cookies / Snack
Serves: approx 3 dozen
Best Pumpkin Cookies with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting are melt in your mouth deliciousness! One bowl and only 10 minutes to make, makes these the best cookies ever!
- 1 cup sweet butter (2 sticks) or (16 Tbsp.)- softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree ( I used Libby's Pure Pumpkin)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 4 Tbsp. sweet butter - softened
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract or pure vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ground cinnamon, to dust on top
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, and using a handheld electric mixer, beat on low speed, butter and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg,and cinnamon and beat until well combined.
- Beat in egg, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree. Then beat in the flour, while scraping the sides of the bowl into the mixture. Cookie dough will be very soft.
- Drop by teaspoons, about 2-inches apart. Or use a cookie scoop.
- Bake for only 10 minutes. Remove and allow cookies to cool completely on wire rack before frosting.
Directions for Frosting:
- First, rinse and clean the beaters from the handheld mixer. Next, beat cream cheese with butter in a medium size bowl.
- Then beat in the vanilla extract and then beat in the powered sugar. Frosting is now ready to spread on cookies.
- Using a knife to spread a small amount of frosting on top of each cookie.
- Finally, lightly dust with some ground cinnamon on top. Store cookies in sealed containers.
- Yields: 30 to 34 cookies
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz