Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Cookies are loaded with old fashioned uncooked rolled oats, dried cranberries, walnuts, and pure pumpkin. They are moist and chewy on the inside with a slight crunch on the outside and filled with sweet and nutty flavors from the cranberries and walnuts combined to give each cookie an amazing taste!
Best of all, the flavor of pumpkin is subtle and almost completely hidden in this cookie, making it even harder for any non-pumpkin-lovers not to fall in love with them or this recipe.
These little cookies have enough warm spice flavor in them to give you a welcome sensation of the fall season!
I only used enough pure pumpkin to carefully balance all the flavors in the cookies and enough pumpkin pie spice to give them a warm spice flavor, not over-powering. These are small cookies, so you can eat two of these cuties and not feel overly guilty.
Also, I always freeze any leftover pumpkin in small zip lock bags and label them with the amount remaining.
You can enjoy these Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Cookies with your favorite coffee, espresso or glass of milk and they will satisfy any cookie cravings you may have during the day. We promise.
I also have to tell you about these amazing silicone cookware mats that I have been using and how much I absolutely LOVE them! If you’re interested in them, just click onto the link for these non-stick silicone mats.
I have to tell you they are a great little find! They are completely oven safe non-stick rubber mats that you place over your baking sheets when baking and can be reused a hundred times. Then wipe them clean, making them ideal for easy cleanup!
… Thanks for Pinning!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 13 minutes
Total Time 23 minutes
- 1+ 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin (freeze any remaining pumpkin)
- 1+ 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups uncooked regular oats, or Quaker Oats Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts -chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- cooking spray or silicone mats
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray, and set aside. Or place a non-stick silicone mat over your baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Using a larger bowl, beat butter, pumpkin, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating at a low speed.
- Finally, using a spoon, stir in the oats, cranberries and walnuts.
- Drop dough by teaspoon onto baking sheets. No need to flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove and cool completely. Store them in plastic bags or plastic containers. Refrigerated for up to 2 weeks, or freeze them for one month.
- Yields 3 dozen.