Roasting Pumpkin Seeds. What a fun way to get the kids involved in the kitchen! Roasting pumpkin seeds are super easy to make, loaded with nutrients, and contain 12 grams of protein in one cup!
A healthy snack and an activity for the whole family to get involved in creates wonderful fond memories for a lifetime. So let’s go into the kitchen and get started on how to roast pumpkin seeds, shall we?
I am not fond of throwing out a good pumpkin. So after Halloween, I take the ones that didn’t get carved into spooky characters and bring them back into the kitchen to get worked on.
Roasting pumpkin seeds has always been a thing in our family.
Like many traditions, we enjoy a cozy fireplace while cutting up a pumpkin to pull out the seeds to roast them. Then select a movie to watch together, and snack on pumpkin seeds. It has been a family tradition for years, and still is!
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds:
1. First, separate the seeds from the pulp.
2. Rinse the seeds and pat dry with a paper towel.
3. Scatter them onto a cookie sheet, and add some seasonings.
4. Then, roast them until they are golden.
Ingredients for Roasting Pumpkin Seeds:
seeds from a pumpkin
cooking spray oil
1. Separate seeds from the pulp. Rinse them, then pat dry with paper towels.
2. Scatter seeds onto a cookie sheet. Spray lightly over them with cooking spray. Then sprinkle some salt.
3. Bake at 375 degrees (190 C).
4. Roast for 10 minutes or until they are a golden color, but not brown. Remove from the oven. Cool and store in a container.
Yields: 2 cups
Best part? One quarter cup of pumpkin seeds has 12 grams of protein.
They make a HEALTHY school snack for the kids and for adults too. Just set them in a bowl in front of the TV for the whole family to enjoy!
Eat them raw or roasted! They are full of vitamins and minerals, and you can enjoy them tossed in salads, or top some of your soups.
They offer a nice crunch and a delicious nutty flavor.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- seeds from a pumpkin
- cooking spray oil
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190C).
- Separate seeds from the pulp. Rinse them, then pat dry with paper towels.
- Scatter seeds onto a cookie sheet. Spray lightly over them with cooking spray. Then sprinkle some salt.
- Roast for 10 minutes or until they are a golden color, but not brown. Remove from the oven. Cool and store in a container.
Serving Size:1/4 cup (30grams)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 6gCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 6gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
If you try roasting pumpkin seeds, let us know and leave a comment and star rating in our recipe card above! We’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE! Enter your email and get new recipes FREE every time we post one along with great older ones too!
And stay in touch on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter for all the latest updates.
Stay Healthy … and Happy Roasting! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz