Easy Pumpkin Spice Lattes – Lightened. You know it’s fall when pumpkin spice lattes pop up everywhere! So why not make them at home, using only natural ingredients and for a fraction of the cost? It takes only 5 minutes to make, and it’s a great alternative to this popular Fall drink! Now is the time to make these pumpkin spice lattes and we’ll show you how to make them easily. So let’s get started – shall we!
Pumpkin Spice Lattes are everywhere this time of year!
A few years ago and around this time I noticed my teens were running out of money all the time; and I knew why.
They were on the pumpkin spice lattes “kick” and were buying them weekly at Starbucks or at DD.
This is when all the popular chains are displaying beautiful photos everywhere of these luscious pumpkin spice lattes topped with whipped cream.
Gosh – how can we resist? Right?!
Well I have to tell you, those pumpkin spice lattes are loaded in fat, sugar, artificial colors, and chemicals, and they add up to hundreds of calories.
Totally – unwanted extra calories!
That’s when I knew it was time to show my girls how to make them better tasting, healthier, and not to mention – save them money!
These Pumpkin Spice Lattes only take 5 minutes to make, and it’s a great alternative to this popular fall drink.
So I decided to make them for my girls just to prove to them that I can make them quick, easy, and at home!
BEST of all… make them low in calories, low in fat, better tasting, and healthier!
Plus, NO need for any fancy machine or cappuccino maker either. Perfect! 😉
How To Make These EASY PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES?
1. Heat up some low-fat milk or your favorite non-dairy milk.
2. Carefully pour it into a blender.
3. Add in some pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and vanilla extract. Then blend the milk until the milk becomes frothy.
4. Next, pour the frothy milk into mugs, add some strong brewed coffee or a shot of espresso and top each with whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground pumpkin spice.
Using a blender is the quickest way to make your favorite lattes (and the cheapest) making them frothy – just like they do in coffee shops.
You can use honey or maple syrup, which both will easily dissolve into the coffee. And that’s the perk of making it at home, you can control the final outcome.
The Final Result?
They turned into these amazing lattes, with no artificial chemicals, no after-taste, and definitely lower in fat, sugar, and calories! The girls loved them as much as I did.
Our lattes are only 185 calories, 9.7g fat, and 16.7g carbs.
Now we can enjoy sipping a pumpkin spice latte in the comfort of our own home and without running out to get them. What could be better?
They’re quick, delicious tasting, and best of all, cost-effective!
HERE’S A GREAT TIP!
Don’t have an espresso or cappuccino machine?
Don’t worry, NO need to have one! Just heat up the milk in a small pot on the stove. Then carefully pour hot milk into your blender and blend at the lowest speed until it becomes frothy. Pour into mugs and add the coffee. It works like a charm!
…Thanks for Pinning!
*Check out our full recipe card below!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Lattes:
3 cups hot low-fat milk
3 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
6 ounces hot double-strength brewed coffee or espresso
3 pinches pumpkin pie spice, as a garnish
1. On the stovetop, heat milk in a small pot. Carefully transfer hot milk to a blender. Add sugar, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice to the hot milk. Hold a kitchen towel over the lid of the blender and hold it down firmly. Blend on the lowest speed first for a few seconds, then press medium speed until frothy.
2. Pour the mixture into 3 mugs, about 2/3 full.
3. Pour 2 ounces of hot coffee into each mug. Garnish each mug with whipped cream on top and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
Yields: 3 servings
Looking for more delicious lattes? …try these:
Peppermint Mocha Latte or maybe a Coffee Banana Milkshake Tiramisu may inspire you!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 7 minutes
- 3 cups of low-fat milk - heated
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 6 ounces hot double-strength brewed coffee or espresso
- whipped cream
- 3 pinches pumpkin pie spice, as garnish
- On the stovetop, heat milk in a small pot. Carefully transfer hot milk to a blender. Add sugar, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice to the hot milk. Hold a kitchen towel over the lid of the blender and hold it down firmly. Blend on the lowest speed first for a few seconds, then press medium speed until frothy.
- Pour the mixture into 3 mugs, about 2/3 full.
- Pour 2 ounces of freshly brewed hot coffee into each mug. Garnish each mug with whipped cream on top and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
- Yields: 3 servings
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 9.7gCarbohydrates: 16.7gFiber: 0gSugar: 15.1gProtein: 8.4g
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9.7g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.9g||30%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.7g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 15.1g|
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|