Hello December! Celebrate the holiday season with this scrumptious and festive Peppermint Mocha Latte, a “Starbucks copycat” topped with whipped cream. YUM! It’s the perfect beverage to enjoy with all the holiday baking you’ll be doing in the weeks ahead.
Delicious and just in time to celebrate the Christmas season with a cup of Peppermint Mocha Latte!
Making Peppermint Mocha Latte is fun and convenient in the comfort of your own home. You don’t even need a fancy cappuccino machine to make them either.
You can still enjoy peppermint mochas without any espresso machine. But if you have one, even better!
I thought it would be great to make some at home and why not? It’s super easy to make.
And when you get the proportions just right, the mint-chocolate flavor is oh-so-satisfying. It’s soothing too.
Ingredients for Peppermint Mocha Latte ( Starbucks Copycat): (*full recipe card below!)
2 + 1/3 cups hot low-fat 2% or fat-free milk
6 Tbsp. Ghirardelli Premium Hot Cocoa powder (Double Chocolate flavor)
1/4 tsp. pure peppermint extract
1 to 2 shots (about 2 ounces each) of brewed espresso
2 pinches of cocoa powder to garnish
How to Make Peppermint Mocha Latte Without an Espresso Machine…
Just simply brew some coffee.
Then use a blender to blend some milk and hot cocoa powder to give the milk that foamy, frothy texture everyone loves.
Then add some strong brewed coffee, about 2-ounces, and a touch of peppermint extract and top it with a little whipped cream – that’s it!
Best of all, there are NO artificial syrups and NO artificial sweeteners… which by the way =healthier! We LOVE that! 🙂
Oh, and don’t forget! Add some whipped cream on top, and dust it with some cocoa powder, and you’ll have a delicious treat to sip slowly while sitting by a cozy fire and relaxing!
This delicious latte is simply a hot chocolate with freshly brewed coffee and a delicious hint of peppermint with every sip.
It’s perfect all season long!
These holiday lattes always turn out fabulous! I love showing the my girls how to make them at home, not only for the convenience but because they’re cost effective!
I hope you will try making these lattes at home and enjoy them as much as we do. If you’re still craving for the pumpkin spice latte as well, then try our other favorite, Pumpkin Spice Lattes Lightened, or our Easy Low-Fat Caffe Lattes.
- 2 + 1/3 cups hot low-fat 2% or fat-free milk
- 6 Tbsp. Ghirardelli Premium Hot Cocoa powder (Double Chocolate flavor)
- 1/4 tsp. pure peppermint extract
- 1 to 2 shots (about 2 ounces each) of brewed espresso
- whipped cream
- 2 pinches of cocoa powder to garnish
- Heat milk in a small saucepot on stove-top until it's hot. Pour hot milk into a blender. Add the cocoa powder, peppermint extract and 1 shot of espresso. Take a kitchen towel and place it on top of the cover and hold the lid down before you turn the blender on. Press the lowest speed first, then gradually press to the higher speed and blend for about 60 seconds, until the milk becomes frothy.
- Before you pour latte into your mugs, taste the latte. We like it with 1 shot of espresso (2 ounces of coffee), but if you prefer a strong mocha flavor, add the second shot of espresso into the blender and blend again for a few seconds more. Pour into 2 mugs.
- Garnish on top with whipped cream and one pinch of cocoa powder.
- Serves 2
That’s it friends!
If you try our peppermint mocha latte, tell us and leave a comment with a star rating! We’d love to hear from you. Have fun and snap a photo and share it on Instagram and on Pinterest; be sure to hashtag or tag us 2sistersrecipes.
Also, NEVER MISS our Recipes! Subscribe to 2 Sisters Recipes Weekly Newsletter and get all new posts, and reminders of some great older ones too!
Happy and Healthy Eating! 😉
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!