Hello December! Celebrate the holiday season with this scrumptious and festive Peppermint Mocha Latte, a Starbucks copycat and a favorite in our family. It’s the perfect beverage to enjoy for all the holiday baking you’ll be doing in the weeks ahead.
This delicious latte is simply a hot chocolate with freshly brewed coffee and a delicious hint of peppermint with every sip. It’s perfect all season long!
I thought it would be great to make some at home and why not? It’s super easy to make.
And when you get the proportions just right, the mint-chocolate flavor is oh-so-satisfying. It’s soothing too.
Delicious and just in time to celebrate the Christmas season with a cup of Peppermint Mocha Latte!
Making Peppermint Mocha Latte is fun and convenient in the comfort of your own home. You don’t even need a fancy cappuccino machine to make them either.
You can still enjoy peppermint mochas. But if you have one, even better!
How to Make Latte Without an Espresso Machine…
Just simply brew some coffee.
Then use a blender to blend some milk and hot cocoa powder to give the milk that foamy, frothy texture everyone loves.
Then add some strong brewed coffee, about 2-ounces, and a touch of peppermint extract and top it with a little whipped cream – that’s it!
Best of all, NO artificial syrups and NO artificial sweeteners are used. We LOVE that! 🙂
These peppermint mocha lattes always turn out fabulous! I love showing the girls how to make them not only for the convenience but because they’re cost effective!
I hope you will continue to enjoy these lattes as much as we do. If you’re still craving for the pumpkin spice latte as well, then try our other favorite, Pumpkin Spice Lattes!
Ingredients for Peppermint Mocha Latte ( Starbucks Copycat):
2 + 1/3 cups hot low-fat 2% or fat-free milk
6 Tbsp. Ghirardelli Premium Hot Cocoa powder (Double Chocolate flavor)
1/4 tsp. pure peppermint extract
1 to 2 shots (about 2 ounces each) of brewed espresso
2 pinches of cocoa powder to garnish
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total Time 8 minutes
- 2 + 1/3 cups hot low-fat 2% or fat-free milk
- 6 Tbsp. Ghirardelli Premium Hot Cocoa powder (Double Chocolate flavor)
- 1/4 tsp. pure peppermint extract
- 1 to 2 shots (about 2 ounces each) of brewed espresso
- whipped cream
- 2 pinches of cocoa powder to garnish
- Heat milk in a small saucepot on stove-top until it's hot. Pour hot milk into a blender. Add the cocoa powder, peppermint extract and 1 shot of espresso. Take a kitchen towel and place it on top of the cover and hold the lid down before you turn the blender on. Press the lowest speed first, then gradually press to the higher speed and blend for about 60 seconds, until the milk becomes frothy.
- Before you pour latte into your mugs, taste the latte. We like it with 1 shot of espresso (2 ounces of coffee), but if you prefer a strong mocha flavor, add the second shot of espresso into the blender and blend again for a few seconds more. Pour into 2 mugs.
- Garnish on top with whipped cream and one pinch of cocoa powder.
- Serves 2