A lightened but still marvelously creamy, this Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream tastes like a pumpkin pie only without the crust, and it’s frozen! I know it’s October, but I love to eat ice cream 12 months out of the year! It’s smooth, creamy, and very light, and totally AMAZING!!
Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream – Lightened …
I wanted to lighten the pumpkin spice ice cream recipe, so I decided to use fat-free milk and opted for less sugar, and less whipping cream.
Plus, I used 1 cup of my fresh pumpkin puree which I posted the other day.
The taste of this ice cream is as good as it looks, with a subtle flavor of pumpkin- that’s not overpowering. (This is my kind of ice cream!) 😉
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream- Lightened?
Homemade ice cream is easy, cost-effective, and healthier to eat.
This recipe only contains natural ingredients. No preservatives and no added artificial ingredients, what-so-ever!
If you have pumpkins outside your door, now is the time to bring in the smaller ones to make pumpkin puree.
Or you can pick up a few extra small ones for this recipe.
Ok, let’s get started!
Ingredients Needed for Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream…
1 + 1/2 cups of heavy cream
1 cup fat-free milk
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
Directions to Make Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream…
1. In a medium pot, over moderate heat, cook the whipping cream, milk, sugar, spices, and salt. Stir and cook until the sugar has dissolved and bubbles form around the edge of the pot.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla and pumpkin puree.
3. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until the mixture is cold. About 3 hours, or overnight.
4. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
… It takes about 25 to 30 minutes in the ice cream maker. Now, it’s ready!
Yields: 1 + 1/2 Quarts
A few years ago, while everyone was out buying the iPhone, iPod, or the latest gadget in the tech world, I was looking for an ice cream maker.
Oh yeah… you could say I am a kitchen geek and found one I liked. I bought a Cuisinart Automatic Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker, and since then, we have been making all kinds of fabulous flavors!
If you don’t have one, I highly recommend getting one.
It’s fun for the whole family making homemade ice creams, yogurts and sorbets!
Thanks for Pinning!!
Additional Ice Cream Flavors for you to try…
Finally, additional recipes for Pumpkin Spice and more…
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 + 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup Fat-Free Milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- In a medium pot, add whipping cream, milk, sugar, spices, and salt.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved and bubbles form around the edge of the pot.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla and pumpkin puree.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until the mixture is cold. About 3 hours or overnight is best.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- About 25 to 30 minutes in the ice cream maker, and it's ready to serve!
- Or transfer pumpkin ice cream into a sealed container and freeze.
- Yields: 1 + 1/2 Quarts
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 10.1gCarbohydrates: 13.3gFiber: .7gSugar: 12gProtein: .9g
|Serving size: 1/2 cup|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10.1g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 7.1g||35%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.3g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||1%|
That’s it friends!
Are you cooking or baking with us? If you make this pumpkin spice ice cream – lightened, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating on our recipe card!
We’d love to hear from you.
Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and leave a comment here and on Pinterest if you like. We’d love to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE! Enter your email in our Subscribe Box and receive our recipes FREE every time we post and reminders of great older ones too!
Happy and Healthy Life! 🙂
xo Anna and Liz