These Pumpkin Waffles are incredibly light and fluffy inside while delivering the classic crunchiness on the outside. What makes these even more delicious is that they are made with real pumpkin. Why wait for the weekend to make these Pumpkin Waffles for breakfast when they are so simple, you can whip them up so easily any morning!
I have been making these Pumpkin Waffles for years – it’s a fall tradition in my family -but never had the time to take photos until now. There’s just enough warm spice and pure pumpkin added to give them their golden color and flavor any pumpkin lover will adore.
The simple batter for this recipe only takes 5 minutes. Whisk the batter, then ladle it into your waffle maker and it does all the work for you. For me, making waffles is easier than making pancakes and the clean up is faster too.
The texture of our Pumpkin Waffles is incredibly light and fluffy. The pumpkin flavor is very mild, not too sweet and just enough pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon to make them addicting. So good!
A great idea is to make these Pumpkin Waffles and freeze the extras for another day. You can easily pop them into the toaster to help make breakfast a snap! Just serve them with your favorite syrup and toppings, such as chopped pecans!
Also, pull them apart into smaller triangles and pop a sidecar of maple syrup in a cup holder for dunking and make breakfast fun for the kids, even on the busiest mornings!
Pull out all the stops and serve something special this weekend and make it a fall memorable breakfast!
HERE’s a TIP: I used the Libby’s brand of Pure Pumpkin to whip up a batch in a hurry. If you prefer the homemade pumpkin puree for this recipe you can find our recipe for the homemade version here – and it’s up to you how much pumpkin puree you would prefer to use. Also, freeze any leftover pure pumpkin to use for other pumpkin recipes.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 egg
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- whipped cream
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In one bowl, stir all the dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center and add all the liquid ingredients, milk, pumpkin, oil and egg.
- Gently whisk all the ingredients together until smooth. Do not over mix. The batter will be thick.
- Lightly spray your waffle maker with cooking spray and heat on medium to high setting.
- Follow the directions of your waffle maker. Mine beeps when the waffle maker is heated and ready to use.
- Ladle the batter into the center of the waffle maker, close the lid and wait until it rings for your attention. I prefer to make small size to medium size waffles to stack them.
- Remove and serve with your favorite toppings.
- Yields: about 6 to 8 medium-size waffles, or 4 large ones
Thanks for Pinning!