Light & Fluffy Lemon Blueberry Waffles make weekend mornings less stressful and more enoyable when it comes to whipping up these delicious lemon blueberry waffles in minutes! With this simple recipe and some easy tips to help make your weekend mornings even better! Breakfast just got a little easier!!
Loaded with fresh blueberries and fresh squeezed lemon juice and zest inside and out, these lemon blueberry waffles make a pretty presentation enough to make your family and friends feel special every time you make them!
Keep in mind, waffles don’t have to be perfectly shaped. Just as long as they taste delicious, no one will complain if they are shaped imperfectly. We prefer to make them smaller in size so they can stack easily.
What makes these Light & Fluffy Lemon Blueberry Waffles fast & easy?
To save time measuring all the ingredients, I decided to use a package of pancake and waffle mix using Whole Foods Organic Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix . Then I added some milk, an egg for some protein, lemon juice and zest, and a handful of fresh blueberries.
So simple and easy!
Best of all, you can adjust this recipe and use your favorite gluten-free pancake & waffle mix along with your favorite non-dairy milk.
The texture of these lemon blueberry waffles are very light and fluffy with delicious refreshing flavors of lemon and blueberries. It doesn’t hurt to make extra waffles and freeze them for quick breakfast solutions! Pop them into your toaster and enjoy them anytime.
Plus, you might enjoy making these light & fluffy lemon blueberry waffles in the afternoon or evening as dessert. Just add whipped cream or some vanilla ice cream on top and you’ll have a tasty treat! YUM!
Do you enjoy making waffles? Then try our favorite light and fluffy Pumpkin Waffles, they are even better!
And in case you want one more lemon & blueberry recipe, try our Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars, we think they are sensational!
Don’t forget to PIN and Share this one to your breakfast board!
And… if you are still looking for more breakfast ideas?
Try our delicious AVOCADO TOAST it is fast and easy, as well as our yummy Breakfast Egg SLIDERS, and our Breakfast Parfait with Greek Yogurt!
- 1 cup organic Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 2/3 cup of milk (or almond milk)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ounce of fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 Tbsp. lemon zest, and extra for garnish
- 1 (4-ounce) container organic fresh blueberries-divided
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium-high heat, and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients together until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Stir in a handful of blueberries. Here is where you can add more blueberries into the batter, if desired. Set the batter aside for a minute or two.
- When the waffle iron beeps telling you it's ready! Use a small ladle or large spoon to scoop up some of the batter and pour into the center of your waffle iron and close the top.
- Wait for it to ring for your attention that the waffle iron i is ready!
- Remove and serve immediately. Lightly spray with cooking spray the waffle iron each time you make a waffle to prevent them from sticking.
- Top each waffle with fresh blueberries, and garnish with a dash of lemon zest.
- Optional: Serve with powdered sugar on top or top with your favorite maple syrup.
You can adapt this recipe to making these waffles gluten free, and use your favorite gluten-free pancake mix and favorite non-dairy milk or water, if desired. The texture and flavor will be slightly be different.
Also, you can make pancakes with this recipe, only need to remember is allow the batter aside for a few minutes longer. Then heat the griddle until it's hot and pour the amount of batter to make pancakes.