This Lobster Cobb Salad is made with a lovely display of lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, sliced avocados, crumbled goat cheese, and fresh steamed lobster! It is served chilled with a sweet and savory easy-to-make dressing, making it exquisite! Perfect lobster cobb salad every time!
Savory Lobster Cobb Salad…
Lobster Cobb Salad is a satisfying salad and one you can make with a few easy steps.
It’s still summertime for a few more weeks. So, why not splurge?
Summertime is when lettuce, tomatoes, and lobsters are all at their peak. And it always signals to me that it’s the perfect time to make our favorite Lobster Cobb Salad!
No need for any special occasion. However, this cobb salad is a fancy way to “dress to impress” for your family, friends, or just yourself!
It’s so filling and delicious! You’ll want to make this easy lobster cobb salad at least once every year.
Serve it with a simple dressing or with our Honey Mustard Dressing – its amazing!
Where can we find “live” lobsters?
You can find live lobsters in most seafood stores, or at supermarkets that have lobster tanks.
They can sometimes be a little expensive, but cost less when they are in season.
In the end, it’s all worth it.
When you calculate the total grocery bill for this dish, (depending on the cost of lobster) it can amount to a total cost of about $6.00 to $11.80 for each Lobster Cobb Salad.
That’s pretty cheap compared to ordering this salad in most restaurants, which can run anywhere from $36.00 to $48.00 (or more) per person.
That’s a deal! 😉
How To Make Lobster Cobb Salad with “live” lobsters?
- Ideally, live lobsters should be cooked the day they are purchased. I think it’s relatively easy to cook lobsters.
- All you have to do is place them into a pot of boiling water and steam them for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Most of the work is in cracking the lobster shells and removing the meat.
- Once the meat is pulled from their shells, the rest is relatively easy!
How To Assemble Lobster Cobb Salad?
There are a few easy steps to making our Lobster Cobb Salad:
- Prepare the salad! First, slice the hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, and avocado, then crumble the cooked bacon.
2. Then display those veggies, eggs and bacon, dividing them equally on all 4 dinner plates to assemble the salads. This was the fun part!
3. Next, chill the dishes. Place them into your refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
4. Make the dressing! Use small 4 ramekins to divide the dressing.
5. Serve immediately, or return the salad plates back into the refrigerator, along with the dressing, until you are ready to serve.
Usually, Cobb Salads recipes call for chicken; however, I decided on having lobster instead of chicken.
I was definitely in the mood for a Cobb Salad, but making this classic salad with lobster – truly turned out to be a fabulous meal!
This Lobster Cobb Salad is all you need to make for lunch or dinner. No need to serve anything else.
It is surprisingly filling, satisfying, and truly delicious!
The simple yet delicious dressing has a refreshing taste with a subtle tang! Perfect when poured over the entire salad.
QUICK TIPS! To serve or make ahead:
- Serve these Lobster Cobb Salads immediately, or prep them and cover each plate with clear wrap.
- Reserve the dressing in a container, or small mason jar, and chill both dressing and salads until ready to serve.
- This recipe calls for 2 lobsters, which makes enough for 4 cobb salad servings. If you prefer to make only two, cut the recipe in half.
*Follow along with our step-by-step instructions, or jump down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe card.
How to Cook the Lobsters?
1. In a large pot with boiling water (approx. 1/4 filled with water). Add the lobsters, cover, and steam for about 15 to 18 minutes.
2. In the meantime, begin to make the dressing: In a separate medium bowl, add the mustard, oregano, garlic, sweet onion, Worcestershire, and balsamic and whisk until well combined. Slowly drizzle the olive oil while whisking continuously until the vinaigrette infuses. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Divide salad dressing into 4 small ramekins. Set them aside.
4. Remove the lobsters and transfer them to a bowl of cold water with ice cubes to cool quickly.
5. Once lobsters are completely cooled, remove them from water and crack shells to remove the meat. Cut the tails in half. Then cut the lobster meat into bite-sized pieces. Then divide the lobster meat into four equal portions.
6. Using 4 serving plates: arrange a quarter of the lettuce on each plate. Then arrange from “left to right” in organized rows starting with tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese, lobster meat, eggs slices (one entire egg on each plate), and 2 slices of avocado, and finally add crumbled bacon.
Quick Note: Here is where you can prepare the entire cobb salad, cover with clear wrap, and refrigerate before serving.
7. Serve each salad with its own ramekin filled with the balsamic Dijon mustard vinaigrette on the side.
MORE TASTY SEAFOOD RECIPES!
- Easy Italian Shrimp Salad
- 12 Easy Seafood Recipes
- Shrimp and Lobster Sauce
- Baked Salmon with Dijon Basil Pesto
- Fresh Cod Fish Salad
- Little Neck Clams in Wine and Garlic Broth
Finally, additional recipes for Lobster!
- How To Clean and Prepare Lobster Tails
- BEST Lobster Sauce
- Spaghetti with Lobster Tails Sauce
- Summer Lobster or Shrimp Rolls
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. minced sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 ( 1+1/4 pounds each) Live Maine lobsters
- 2 hearts Romaine lettuce- washed, spin-dried, chopped
- 1 pint (16-ounces) cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 4-ounces crumbled Goat cheese
- 1 large avocado, sliced into 8 slices
- 8 slices lean bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced into quarters
- PREPARE THE LOBSTERS: In a large pot with boiling water (approx. 1/4 filled with water). Add the lobsters, cover, and steam for about 15 to 18 minutes. Remove the lobsters and transfer them to a bowl of cold water with ice cubes to cool quickly.
- In the meantime, MAKE THE DRESSING: In a separate medium bowl, l add the mustard, oregano, garlic, sweet onion, Worcestershire, and balsamic and whisk until well combined. Slowly drizzle the olive oil while whisking continuously until the vinaigrette infuses. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide salad dressing into 4 small ramekins. Set them aside.
- PREP, CRACK & CHOP LOBSTERS: Once lobsters are completely cooled, remove them from water, drain, and crack shells to remove the meat. Cut the tails in half. Then cut the lobster meat into bite-sized pieces. Then divide the lobster meat into four equal portions.
- PREPARE THE COBB SALAD: On 4 plates, arrange a quarter of the lettuce on each plate. Then arrange from left to right in organized rows starting with tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese, lobster meat, eggs slices (one entire egg on each plate), and 2 slices of avocado, and finally add crumbled bacon.
- Serve each salad with its own ramekin filled with the balsamic Dijon mustard vinaigrette on the side. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
Yield:4 Lobster Cobb Salads
Serving Size:1 Cobb Salad
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 27.4gCarbohydrates: 14.5gFiber: 5.8gSugar: 6.3gProtein: 30.9g
… Thanks for PINNING!
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 27.4g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 10.9g||54%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.5g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.8g||21%|
|Total Sugars 6.3g|
|Vitamin D 15mcg||77%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition|