28 Best Summer Salad Recipes
28 Best Summer Salad Recipes are collected for you to enjoy and make all summer long. From seasonal produce to fresh seafood, and even ones featuring vegan, gluten-free, keto, and more. These are all summer salad recipes we love to make over and over again.
28 Best Summer Salad Recipes…
Choose any of these delicious 28 best summer salads! They lend themselves perfectly as a side for any alfresco dining, picnics, lunches, barbecue gatherings, and even potlucks. So many ideas and recipes to choose from.
Healthy and flavorful, these summer salads are ideal for make-ahead, pack-and-go for lunch, or double as dinner.
So take a look and enjoy!!
*QUICK NOTE: Be sure to select the “highlighted colored titles” of the recipe you want, and it will bring you to it.
Our cover recipe: Peach Salad with Prosciutto & Burrata can be found at the bottom of this post.
Delicious Vegetable Salads To Pair with Grilling…
- Italian salads are the BEST, especially when tossed with a tangy vinaigrette like this Green Bean and Carrot Salad – Italian Style!
- Have you ever heard of a potato salad made without mayonnaise? Then try this Easy Italian Potato Salad! It is AMAZING – to say the least.
- If you prefer a no-cook vegetable salad? Crunchy Broccoli Raisins and Walnut Salad! It is crisp, crunchy, and loaded with freshly chopped vegetables and a ton of flavor!
- How about a fresh crisp salad cucumber salad that’s made in less than 10 minutes? Then you have to try our Cucumbers and Vidalia Onion Salad. It’s easy, refreshing, tangy, and delicious!
- Maria’s Best Carrot Salad is also an Italian vegetable and colorful salad, loaded with tender carrots in a delicious vinaigrette.
- Asparagus Salad with Arugula is tossed with sliced radishes and a lemon-tarragon dressing for a healthy side.
Easy Low-Carb, Keto Salads for Lunch…
- Spring Tomato Basil Bocconcini Salad is loaded with cherry tomatoes, creamy little mozzarella balls (aka bocconcini), and fresh basil. It is delicious, simple, and always a huge hit!
- Best Broccoli Salad (keto) is crunchy, sweet, savory, and tossed with a creamy yogurt dressing.
- Loaded with flavors and textures, everyone will love this delicious-tasting Favorite Greek Salad.
- Prefer additional protein in a simple salad? Try our Refreshing Tomato Salad with Tuna! It is divine!
- How about Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad? Marinated with only 2 ingredients, creates the tastiest chicken ever.
- Easy Italian Tomato Salad (Marinated) is made with juicy tomatoes, a tangy vinaigrette, along with a few seasonings. Simple, easy, and the tastiest salad ever!
Refreshing Salads with Fresh Fruit…
- Healthy Apple Bok Choy Salad is loaded with bok choy and juicy green apples for a sweet and tangy salad.
- Crunchy, sweet, juicy, and savory, are all in this amazing Arugula Watermelon Granola Salad!
- Fennel and Apple Salad is a simple salad with bold flavors in every bite.
- Peach Salad with Prosciutto & Burrata is NEW! Loaded with fresh ripe peaches, ribbons of prosciutto, and creamy burrata cheese. Oh… and it is one of our favorites! (*recipe on the bottom)
Legumes and Quinoa Salads…
- Chickpea Salad with Cucumbers and Peppers is not only vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free, it makes a flavorful salad to serve as a healthy side all season long.
- If you love the Southwest flavors? Then you’ll love this Southwest Quinoa Salad. Loaded with avocado, black beans, corn, and more, gives you amazing flavors and textures.
- Lentil Salad with Sweet Peppers is colorful, light, and very tasty and will surprise everyone who tastes it.
- When it comes to a bean salad, this Easy Mediterranean Bean Salad happens to be at the top of the list. So good, it won’t disappoint.
- Quinoa Tuna Salad is loaded with chunks of canned tuna fish and perfect for any pack-n-go lunch!
Delicious Seafood Salads for Dinner, Lunch, or Side…
Seafood salads are amazingly easy to make. Try one, or try them all! We make these salads often, and they are all exquisite!
- Lobster Cobb Salad
- Fresh Cod Fish Salad
- For Shrimp! Try any of these: 1. Shrimp and Calamari Salad, 2. Best Shrimp Green Bean Salad, 3. Zesty Lemon Shrimp and Mango Salad, 4. Easy Italian Shrimp Salad
Easy Pasta Salads…
Most of these pasta salads do not contain mayonnaise. They’re all simple, healthy, and guaranteed flavorful!
- Orzo Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette and our favorite Best Orzo Salad with Spinach!
- Easy Pasta Salad with Bocconcini
- Tortellini and Broccoli Salad
- Easy Italian Macaroni Salad
Tips and Guidelines for Make-Ahead…
- Salads are easy to prep ahead of time. Best to cover and keep them chilled in your refrigerator.
- If the salads do not require “marinating” – then it’s best to not add in the dressings.
- Make the dressing ahead of time and store it in a small mason jar. Then toss its dressing into the salad just before you serve.
- For salads with fresh fruit, we would only recommend making them a few hours before and serving them on the same day.
Guidelines for Storing…
- All salads should be kept in a sealed airtight container and placed in the refrigerator.
- Leftover salads will stay fresh, and chilled in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Salads with fresh fruit will only stay fresh for up to 24 hours.
Options to Customize…
- All salads are easily adaptable to your taste!
- Don’t care for Quinoa? No problem. Try Italian Farro in place of quinoa. It is another healthy grain.
- With vegetable salads, you can add different vegetables, along with some of your favorite condiments like olives, capers, and fresh herbs.
- Love cheese? Go for it! Toss in your favorite crumbled cheeses into some of the veggie, legume, and even pasta salads, (but not for seafood salads).
- For salads with fresh fruit, don’t be afraid to toss in seasonal berries or even cantaloupe.
- Toss in some of your favorite greens like baby arugula, spring mix, or bibb lettuce. The possibilities are endless…
28 Best Summer Salad Recipes: Peach Salad with Prosciutto & Burrata
28 Best Summer Salad Recipes! This is one of our favorite summer salad recipes! This easy recipe for a peach salad with prosciutto & burrata is a very simple, flavorful and refreshing side dish!
- 4 ounces (about 2 cups) of spring mix salad
- 2 ripe peaches (yellow or white) - cut into slices or wedges
- 4 to 8 ounces of burrata cheese (or fresh mozzarella)
- 4 ounces of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1. 5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- finely chopped chives, or scallions, as garnish
- Spread some spring lettuce mix on a platter.
- Place the burrata cheese in the center.
- Top with slices of peaches around the cheese.
- Next, make ribbons with each slice of prosciutto and add them around the cheese.
- Sprinkle some salt over the cheese and peaches, then with some fresh cracked black pepper.
- Drizzle over the entire dish with extra virgin olive oil. Then drizzle with white balsamic vinegar over the sliced peaches.
- Garnish with some chopped chives or scallions. Cover with foil wrap and chill for at least 20 to 30 minutes before serving. When ready to serve, remove the foil and serve.
- yields: 2 to 4 servings
For this salad, I use a prewashed Spring Mix of lettuce. You can use your favorite greens like arugula, bibb, iceberg, or romaine.
Also, with this recipe, if you cannot find burrata (an Italian buttery ball of cheese) you can substitute it with a fresh ball of mozzarella.
Yield:2 to 4 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 19.3gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgCarbohydrates: 7.7gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 7.1gProtein: 6.7g
thanks for pinning!
If you make any of these delicious 28 best summer salad recipes, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating! We’d love to hear from you. Sharing your insights and experiences helps everyone who reads them, and helps us too!
Have fun and take a photo and share it on Instagram or Pinterest! We’d love to share them with the world.
Follow us on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and FACEBOOK! And, don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes FREE every time we post, and reminders of great older ones too!
Happy and Healthy Cooking! 🙂
thanks for stopping by!
xo anna and liz