Lentil Salad with Sweet Peppers is a simple salad tossed with a delicious tangy lemon vinaigrette. Cooked lentils are gently combined with a few colorful peppers along with a red onion to make a very light, colorful and flavorful dish to serve anytime! It’s vegan, gluten free and high in protein!
The other day, our mom made this lentil salad and decided to serve it as light meal for lunch. It was very light, fresh tasting and delicious!
Lentils have a wonderful earthy flavor to them and can be added to soups and salads all year long.
To our surprise, a lentil salad like this one is loaded with vitamins, folate, iron and fiber too! If you ask me, I feel lentils are underrated as a legumes and we should be eating more lentils these days.
Best part, this lentil salad is very versatile and very easy to make. They’re cooked in a short amount of time, and you can toss them with just about anything your heart desires.
The sweet colorful peppers are easily chopped into tiny pieces along with a red onion to give this salad some texture, color and flavor.
We love lentils in soups but never imagined having them in a salad, until now. Making a lentil salad like this one, is refreshingly different!
Lentil Salad with Sweet Peppers can be served alone, or served as a side to compliment an entree like chicken or fish and you’ll have a terrific meal! Great to pack and take with you to work for lunch too. Try this lentil salad!
Lentil Salad with Sweet Peppers
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Salad / Side
Serves: 4 to 6
Lentil Salad with Sweet Peppers is easily made with cooked lentils tossed with finely chopped sweet peppers and red onion and dressed with a tangy fresh tasting lemon vinaigrette. This lentil salad with sweet peppers is very light and healthy, and makes a colorful and flavorful dish to serve anytime!
- 1 cup of dried Lentils
- 4 cups of water or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. of red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 6 Mini Sweet Peppers- yellow, red and orange- finely chopped
- ¼ cup red onion- finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley- finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, bring 4 cups of water or vegetable broth to a boil.
- Slowly add 1 cup of lentils. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the lentils are tender to the bite, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Do not overcook them. Pour them into a colander and drain all the liquid. Transfer to a salad bowl. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the colorful peppers, red onion, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and fresh parsley.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Gently toss and refrigerate for one to two hours to marinate before serving. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Serves 4 to 6
Need a few more recipes for Lentils, try these:
Hello friends! If you make these delicious lentil salad with sweet peppers, please tell us and leave a comment and a star rating below! Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram and on Pinterest; be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes.
Plus, NEVER MISS our Recipes! Subscribe to 2 Sisters Recipes Weekly Newsletter and get all new posts, and reminders of some great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Anna and Liz