Lentil Salad with Sweet Peppers is tossed with a zesty lemon vinaigrette. This dish features tender lentils paired with vibrant peppers and red onion for a refreshing and delicious side. It’s a protein-rich, vegan, and gluten-free option that can be enjoyed at any time.
Savory Lentil Salad…
The other day, our mom made this lentil salad and decided to serve it as a light meal for lunch.
It was very light, fresh-tasting, and delicious!
Lentils have a wonderful earthy flavor to them and can be added to soups and salads all year long.
If you ask me, I feel lentils are definitely underrated as legumes and we should be eating more lentils these days.
We love lentils in soups but never imagined having them in a salad, until now.
Reasons for Delicious Lentils as a Salad…
- To our surprise, a lentil salad like this one is loaded with vitamins, folate, and iron.
- They’re high in protein and fiber too!
- The best part, this lentil salad is very versatile and very easy to make.
- They’re cooked in a short amount of time, and you can toss them with just about anything your heart desires.
- The sweet colorful peppers are easily chopped into tiny pieces along with red onion to give this salad some texture, color, and flavor.
- Lentil Salad with Sweet Peppers can be served alone or served as a side to compliment an entrée like chicken or fish and you’ll have a terrific meal!
Making a lentil salad like this one is refreshingly different!
This lentil salad is ideal for lunch. Plus, you can easily pack and take it with you to work for lunch too.
Flavorful and healthy, try this recipe!
Need a few more recipes for Lentils, try these:
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 cup of dried Lentils
- 4 cups of water or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. of red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 6 Mini Sweet Peppers- yellow, red, and orange- finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion- finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley- finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, bring 4 cups of water or vegetable broth to a boil.
- Slowly add 1 cup of lentils. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the lentils are tender to the bite, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Do not overcook them. Pour them into a colander and drain all the liquid. Transfer to a salad bowl. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the colorful peppers, red onion, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and fresh parsley.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Gently toss and refrigerate for one to two hours to marinate before serving. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Serves 4 to 6
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 4.3gCarbohydrates: 30.5gFiber: 13.1gSugar: 5.2gProtein: 15.1g
Thanks for Pinning!