Low-Fat Lentil Soup with Veggies is made with onions, garlic, carrots, celery, tomatoes, vegetable stock, fresh herbs, and dry lentils. A luscious lentil soup that’s hearty and filling. This is one of our mom’s simple, easy, and DELICIOUS soups she enjoys making weekly for our sweet Dad.
It’s a little chilly here in New York, and with all the rain we are getting lately, making this soup as the first soup to start the Fall – is perfect!
It’s not a secret that most of our moms soups have similar ingredients in them including fresh vegetables, and fresh herbs!
She usually makes her soups with only water, but we prefer to add some organic vegetable broth, and at times even chicken stock to add a little more flavor to her soups.
Lentils are – in my opinion, under-rated and really should be added onto every ones weekly shopping list. Simply because lentils are very healthy for you, and they keep you feeling full longer.
They contain plenty of vitamins, antioxidants, and are very high in fiber! Low-fat lentil soup with veggies are in deed low in fat!
Plus, lentils come in packages in a variety of colors, and they have an earthy flavor to them. We use lentils often to make soups, and occasionally add them into our salads as well.
Your family and friends with LOVE our low-fat lentil soup with veggies!
Low-Fat Lentil Soup with Veggies is really great to serve for lunch or dinner. It happens to be one of our favorite soups and one we enjoy all winter long!
We hope to inspire you to make healthy soups this Fall and Winter too! Serve with some grated Parmesan cheese at the table for more flavor! Parmesan cheese always makes everything taste more luscious and creamy.
You might enjoy a few more recipes for lentils, try these:
Low-Fat Lentil Soup with Veggies
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Soup / starter
Serves: 6 to 8
Low-Fat Lentil Soup with Veggies is easy, delicious and healthy to serve the whole family! Dish up a bowl of lentils is a bowl of health!
- 1 lb. of dried Lentils
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh Thyme
- ½ cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 large ripe Tomato, chopped
- 2 (32-ounce) cartons low-sodium chicken stock or vegetable
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Rinse the lentils in cold water. Drain.
- In a large sauce pot, heat olive oil on medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for a 2 minutes, until the onions are translucent. Add all the rest of ingredients.
- Bring to boil. Cover, and simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Taste and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into individual soup bowls. Serve with some grated Parmesan cheese on top! Enjoy!
- Serves 6 to 8
Hello friends! If you make our low-fat lentil soup with veggies, please tell us and leave a comment and a star rating below! Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram and on Pinterest; be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes.
Plus, NEVER MISS our Recipes! Subscribe to 2 Sisters Recipes Weekly Newsletter and get all new posts, and reminders of some great older ones too!