Fast & Easy Mushroom Soup. Tender elbows pasta with pieces of mushrooms in a delicious broth has never been so easy to make until now. With 4 simple ingredients, this fast & easy mushroom soup is ready in less than 15 minutes for a quick and delicious weeknight meal in no time! We’ll show you how to make this easy mushroom soup without any fuss!
We’re always looking for ways to make an easy meal, and one that incorporates a healthy vegetable if possible; but most of all, it has to be flavorful!
This mushroom soup is simple, delicious and comforting. It requires only one medium size pot, some vegetable broth, a small package of white mushrooms, fresh basil, elbow pasta and some seasonings.
What we love most about this soup is in the prep work. Really nothing to it. All you need to do with the mushrooms is give them a quick rinse, then dice both the mushrooms and fresh basil.
Then simmer everything together, and toss in elbows last; simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the elbows are done!
It’s nothing fancy – but this mushroom soup is definitely BIG on flavor!
Fast & Easy Mushroom Soup is a great way to make lunch or dinner on a busy weekday.
This soup is not only tasty, it’s nutritious too! Bet your family will love this mushroom soup. So make extra, you may want to bring leftovers to work the next day.
Mushrooms are always available at your local supermarkets and we buy them often. They only need a good rinse, and they’re ready to add them to your salads, soups and pasta dishes.
What are the Benefits of eating Mushrooms:
Mushrooms are packed with good nutrients. They’re rich in B vitamins which help the body to get energy from them, including help form healthy red blood cells; and a few of B vitamins also appear to be important for a healthy brain as well.
They’re low in calories, a great source of fiber and protein, and they’re the perfect vegetable for those plant-based diets. All the more reasons to buy them weekly.
Ingredients Needed for Easy Mushroom Soup:
To make this mushroom soup, you will need:
Vegetable Broth: 1 quart / 32-ounce is enough.
White Mushrooms: about 7 to 9 mushrooms.
Elbow Pasta: elbow or any small pasta will do. Small gluten-free pasta will work too!
Herbs: bunch of fresh or frozen chopped basil gives flavor to this soup.
Seasonings: salt, pepper and some garlic powder will do.
To Make Easy Mushroom Soup:
To make this easy mushroom soup, simply:
Use a 3 quart (2.9 L) pot to make this soup.
Rinse and finely diced mushrooms, the smaller the pieces the better.
Pour vegetable broth and water into pot. Bring to a boil, then toss in mushrooms and basil. Cover and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes to flavor the broth.
Toss in elbow pasta, and stir in some salt, black pepper and some garlic powder.
Cook pasta until tender to the bite, about 5 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
Always taste the soup before serving and adjust the seasonings, if needed. Serve in individual soup bowls.
This mushroom soup is flavorful all alone; but we love it even more when some grated Parmesan cheese or pecorino cheese is sprinkled on top!
Looking for more delicious fast & easy soups, try these:
Don’t forget to Pin and Share!
Here are a few more recipes for mushrooms you may enjoy:
Fast & Easy Mushroom Soup
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 4 servings
Fast & Easy Mushroom Soup is made with tiny pieces of mushrooms and elbow pasta in a delicious broth; and it's ready to serve in 15 minutes! Helps make dinner a snap!
- 1 (8-ounce) basket of mushrooms (about 7 to 9 small mushrooms)
- 4 cups (32-ounce) organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup of finely chopped basil (about 7 large leaves)
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup elbows pasta ( or any small pasta)
- ¼ tsp. pink salt (Himalayan or Kosher salt)
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese, at the table for serving
- Rinse mushrooms and finely dice each one.
- Using a 3 quart (2.9 L) soup pot, toss in the diced mushrooms. Pour in vegetable broth, water and chopped basil. Add the salt and garlic powder and bring to a boil.
- COVER with a lid, and lower the heat to lowest setting and simmer the mushroom basil broth for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Uncover, and stir in the elbow pasta. Stir the soup occasionally until the elbow pasta is al-dente, about 5 minutes, or until they are tender to the bite. When pasta is done, turn off the heat.
- Take the final taste, and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to your preference.
- Serve warm with grated cheese at the table.
- Yields: 4 servings
Hello friends! If you make this recipe, let us know and leave a comment and a star rating below!
Share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest if you like. We love to share your photos and see what you cook! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz