Quick & Easy Soup with Broccoli
Looking for a quick and easy soup to make in minutes? Quick & Easy Soup with Broccoli is a great way to put a simple meal on the table in less than 15 minutes! Loaded with frozen broccoli florets and 3 additional ingredients (not counting salt and pepper), you can make this delicious quick & easy soup in a matter minutes!
Quick & Easy Soup with Broccoli…
For us, soup is always a meal!
No matter what the weather is outside, from blistering cold temperatures to warmer months, we continue to make soups all through the year long.
Because, soup is not only one of the easiest meals to make, but it’s also very adaptable. We can all make a pot of soup with whatever vegetables (fresh or frozen) we may have on hand.
When you run out of ideas on what to make for dinner? …we always think soup!
As a quick meal for yourself or for your family, making this quick & easy soup with frozen broccoli should come to mind – every time.
It’s SO GOOD, everyone will ask for a second bowl! 😉
4 GREAT Reasons to MAKE A MEAL With Homemade SOUP…
- It’s best to keep a variety of frozen vegetables in your freezer, especially for those days when you may need to whip up something quick – like this quick and easy soup with broccoli.
- Making a simple soup as a meal is always better than any “frozen processed packaged” foods you may heat up in the microwave.
- Most frozen processed meals (if you look carefully at the ingredients) are filled with junk and fillers, loaded with high fructose corn syrup, palm, and soybean oils which are GMO’s and not good for anyone.
- Besides, the levels of sodium are extremely high in frozen already prepared dinners, and they might kill you as well.
How to Make our Quick & Easy Soup with Broccoli?
For this recipe, there are 3 easy steps to follow to make this soup:
STEP 1: First, you need to pour equal amounts of water and broth into a medium-size soup pot and turn on high heat. Then bring broth to a full boil.
STEP 2: In the meantime, open a package of frozen broccoli florets and transfer them to a colander. Give them a good rinse under cold water for a few seconds, then allow them to drain.
STEP 3: When the broth comes to a full boil, toss in the broccoli florets and tiny pasta of your choice, and cover with a lid. Allow the soup to come to a full boil once again.
Then lower the heat to low, and allow the soup to simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes. Both broccoli and pasta will cook and be ready at the same time.
Finally, give it a stir and add in some salt and pepper to taste. When pasta is al-dente and tender to the bite, turn off the soup and serve in individual bowls with grated Parmesan cheese at the table.
Best of all, it’s made with one easy pot for clean-up!
This quick and easy soup with broccoli is great when your hunger strikes at any time.
It’s a good idea to keep cartons of vegetable broth and packages of tiny pasta in the pantry along with bags of frozen broccoli florets in your freezer.
Variations… to make it your own:
You may use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth. And, if you prefer, you can use the entire carton of the broth instead of mixing half with water, as I did.
Toss in your favorite mix of frozen veggies. I used a 10-ounce package of frozen broccoli florets.
Toss in your favorite tiny pasta, or gluten-free pasta.
Add some fresh herbs to the mixture like fresh parsley or basil for more flavoring.
Make this soup with leftover steamed broccoli from the night before! You only need about 1 to 2 cups of broccoli or any vegetable you prefer.
Options to serve it with…
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets (+video)
- Baked Chicken Nuggets – the healthy way!
- Zucchini Pepperoni Pizza Boats
- Cucumber and Vidalia Onion Salad
Quick & Easy Soup with Broccoli is full of flavor and perfect for all ages, including the little ones! Making this is so easy – even for those who don’t prefer to cook!
Soups like our Easy Chicken Wonton Soup are similar to this one. I tossed in mini frozen wontons in the last few minutes before serving. Easy-peasy!!
… Thanks for Pinning!
Additional Easy and Cozy Soups… try these:
Quick & Easy Soup with Broccoli as a Meal!
Quick & Easy Soup with Broccoli is a great way to put a simple meal on the table in less than 15 minutes! Delicious tasting and satisfying as a meal, so easy - you'll want to make this all year long! The perfect meal for the little ones too!
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 10 -ounce bag of frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup (or more) tiny pasta (Tubertini, or coralline, or orzo)
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- First, pour water and vegetable broth into a medium-size soup pot and turn on high heat. Bring broth to a full boil.
- In the meantime, open a package of frozen broccoli florets and transfer them to a colander. Rinse the broccoli under cold water for a few seconds, then allow them to drain for a few minutes.
- When the broth is boiling, toss in the broccoli florets and the tiny pasta and cover with a lid. Allow the soup to come to a full boil once again. Then lower the heat to low.
- Give it a stir and add in some salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes, until the pasta is al-dente or tender to the bite.
- Turn off the soup and serve it into individual soup bowls with grated Parmesan cheese at the table.
- Serves: 2 to 4
Keep in mind, sometimes pasta in soups will absorb some of the broth and therefore, you may need to add in additional water or vegetable broth, as needed.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Total Fat: .8gCarbohydrates: 11.1gFiber: 2.2gSugar: 1.5gProtein: 4.7g
I love quick and easy soup meals on a busy day! This looks delicious!
Thanks so much! Have a great weekend!