Easy Pasta Fagioli Soup is an Italian white bean soup loaded with vegetables, creamy white beans and little pasta called ditalini. Everyone has a different version to our favorite “pasta fazool. ” Our pasta fagioli soup features a smoky flavored broth, and it is cooked in one pot and ready in 35 minutes! A delicious and hearty meal, pasta fagioli served with extra grated Parmesan on top is Italian comfort food at its best!
Pasta Fagioli Soup is made with vegetables, organic canned Northern beans, crushed tomatoes, white wine and pancetta for more flavor. The secret to its delicious broth is in the smoky bacon flavor mixed with creamy beans. Then ditalini pasta is tossed into the soup during the last few minutes, and it’s ready to serve!
I haven’t made this soup in a while and since I was craving for it, I decided to whip it up for dinner. Pasta Fagioli Soup is a soup you can get creative making it, using different kinds of white beans and easy to eat small pasta’s.
It’s so simple and it feeds a crowd. A flavorful hearty soup, this easy pasta fagioli soup makes enough for everyone to have seconds – for sure!
For this recipe, simply cook and saute the pancetta with some of the vegetables, then add in crushed tomatoes, wine and broth and simmer on low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes. Then toss in the ditalini pasta and simmer until the pasta is tender.
Best of all, serve this delicious pasta fagioli soup with some warm, crusty Italian bread, and maybe a green salad on the side and dinner is done!
Easy Pasta Fagioli Soup is a comforting meal all alone, and a soup your whole family will love! This recipe is a winner… you have to try it!
Don’t forget to PIN this one to your Dinner Board!!
Are you looking for flavorful bean soups?
You might enjoy these;
Easy Pasta Fagioli Soup
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Dinner / Hearty Soup
Serves: 8 servings
Easy Pasta Fagioli Soup is an Italian white bean soup made with vegetables, white beans and ditalini pasta. Pasta Fagioli Soup is one of our popular recipes but this time I made it in half the time!
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves- sliced
- 4 ounces chopped pancetta ( I used Citterio)
- 8 ounce can of chopped tomatoes, about 1.5 cups ( I used Pomi)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 1 carrot - diced
- 1 stalk of celery - diced
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or low-sodium chicken broth)
- 2 cans (15 ounce) organic Northern beans, rinsed
- handful of fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- ½ pound of Ditalini pasta
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and add garlic and pancetta. Saute pancetta and garlic until pancetta is fully cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and simmer for about 2 minutes. Pour in white wine and cover with a lid to simmer for about 3 minutes until the white wine reduces a little.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (except HOLD the ditalini pasta, this will be the last step).
- Bring soup to a full boil and then reduce on low heat and cover with a lid. Simmer soup for about 30 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Add in Ditalini pasta and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes or more. Taste the pasta to check and see if it's tender to the bite.
- Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste. When pasta is tender to the bite, turn off the heat and serve. Ladle soup into bowls and serve soup with grated Parmesan cheese at the table.
- Yields: about 8 or more servings