Easy Pasta Fagioli Soup is an Italian white bean soup made with vegetables, white beans and ditalini pasta. Pasta Fagioli Soup happens to be one of our popular recipes; however, this time I made it in half the time! It’s one of our favorite soups and makes a delicious and hearty meal for chilly nights. Made easily in 35 minutes and in one pot, Easy Pasta Fagioli Soup is Italian comfort food at its best!
Pasta Fagioli Soup is made with vegetables, organic canned Northern beans, crushed tomatoes, chopped pancetta and white wine. Then ditalini pasta is tossed into the soup to cook during the last few minutes, and then it’s ready to serve!
I haven’t made this soup in a while and I have been craving for it and quickly made it for my family. Pasta Fagioli Soup is a one you can get creative making it with different kinds of white beans and small pasta’s.
It’s so simple and yet it feeds a crowd. A hearty soup that makes enough for everyone who will be asking for seconds – for sure!
Usually, my method is to saute all the vegetables together, then add in all the other ingredients and simmer for a long time. But this time I did things a little different, (because I was in a rush to get dinner done in a hurry) and it still turned out smack-on delicious!
Best of all, you’ll have an easy meal serving this flavorful soup with some crusty bread, and maybe even a green salad on the side. And dinner is done!
Easy Pasta Fagioli Soup is a comforting meal all alone. And a soup your whole family will love!
Don’t forget to PIN this one to your Dinner Board!!
Easy Pasta Fagioli Soup
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Dinner / Hearty Soup
Serves: 8 servings
Easy Pasta Fagioli Soup is an Italian white bean soup made with vegetables, white beans and ditalini pasta. Pasta Fagioli Soup is one of our popular recipes but this time I made it in half the time!
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves- sliced
- 4 ounces chopped pancetta ( I used Citterio)
- 8 ounce can of chopped tomatoes, about 1.5 cups ( I used Pomi)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 1 carrot - diced
- 1 stalk of celery - diced
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or low-sodium chicken broth)
- 2 cans (15 ounce) organic Northern beans, rinsed
- handful of fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- ½ pound of Ditalini pasta
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and add garlic and pancetta. Saute pancetta and garlic until pancetta is fully cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and simmer for about 2 minutes. Pour in white wine and cover with a lid to simmer for about 3 minutes until the white wine reduces a little.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (except HOLD the ditalini pasta, this will be the last step).
- Bring soup to a full boil and then reduce on low heat and cover with a lid. Simmer soup for about 30 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Add in Ditalini pasta and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes or more. Taste the pasta to check and see if it's tender to the bite.
- Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste. When pasta is tender to the bite, turn off the heat and serve. Ladle soup into bowls and serve soup with grated Parmesan cheese at the table.
- Yields: about 8 or more servings
Love bean soups?
Well then, you may want to try our 15 Bean Soup, or Baby Lima Bean Soup, and maybe our Roasted Garlic Parsnip and White Bean Soup.
If you try our recipes, please come by and post your photos on our Instagram page and use the hashtag #2sistersrecipes! Thanks again.
Oh and don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest!
And thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz