Cheesy Mini Biscuits Jim n Nicks Copycat. These little mini biscuits are loaded with cheddar cheese and baked in 10 minutes! A copycat of Jim n Nick’s famous cheesy mini biscuits requires no yeast, no-knead, and no special equipment to make them. Just mix together simple ingredients and bake until golden.
Light, fluffy and sweet-tasting, these cheesy mini biscuits will make a wonderful addition to your holiday mornings, brunch, and even dinner.
These Cheesy Mini Biscuits would make a wonderful addition to your meal.
These biscuits are so good, everyone will rave about them!
For those of you who don’t know, there’s a restaurant/ bar located in Charleston, called Jim n Nicks and they’re known for their popular cheesy mini biscuits. They serve these little biscuits to everyone at their restaurants as soon as you sit down at one of their tables. And, we love them.
So I decided to make them.
This is a simple recipe, anyone can follow. All you need is one mixing bowl and a good whisk to combine the ingredients and bake in a 24 mini muffin pan for 8 to 10 minutes. That’s it!
It doesn’t get any easier than this!
How To Make Cheesy Mini Biscuits…
1. Spray a 24 “mini” muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. In one large mixing bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together. Then whisk in all wet ingredients to combine.
3. Stir in the shredded cheese. Spoon into the mini muffin pan.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown. (full recipe card below)
Cook’s Notes and Tips:
I used mild cheddar cheese, but you can use sharp cheddar. Sharp cheeses will give more flavor.
Do not overbake them. Or they will not be light and fluffy…and they will turn out dry.
Store them in a sealed container or zip-lock bag to keep them fresh for up to one day.
These Cheesy Mini Biscuits will make enough to serve a crowd.
Serve them with our London Broil Steak Grilled to Perfection, or with our Oven Roasted Brisket or our Easy Vegetarian Chili.
These cheesy mini biscuits Jim n Nicks copycat will make the perfect addition to your breakfast, brunch, or dinner. I mean, who doesn’t enjoy a warm cheesy biscuit with a meal? …I know I do!
Serve these delicious cheesy mini biscuits warm with our tri-color butter terrine and your favorite sweet jams on the side and watch them disappear!
More Quick Bread & Muffin Recipes!
- Easy Irish Soda Bread
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Blueberry Lemon Oat Muffins
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mild cheddar cheese
- canola oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to Bake at 400 degrees F ( 204 C). Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add and whisk in the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the melted butter and continue to whisk until well blended.
- Fold in the shredded cheese.
- Fill mini muffin tins to the top with batter. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Set aside and allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from muffin pan.
- Repeat until all the biscuit batter is gone.
- Serve warm.
- Yields: 32 mini cheese muffins
You can use sharp cheddar cheese with this recipe. Also, do not over bake them.
Store in a plastic bag or container to keep them fresh. Recipe adapted from Spicy Southern Kitchen and many other recipes.
Serving Size:2 mini biscuits
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 10.2gCarbohydrates: 25.5gFiber: .4gSugar Alcohols: 13.5gProtein: 6.4g
|Serving size: 2 mini biscuits|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10.2g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 6.2g||31%|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.5g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2%|
|Total Sugars 13.5g|
|Vitamin D 13mcg||64%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition|