Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are healthier muffins loaded with coconut flour, warm spices, eggs, maple syrup, pure pumpkin, and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. These delicious paleo pumpkin muffins are a great alternative as a healthy treat when you are craving something sweet.
My daughter Lizzy is on a health kick and has been begging me to make more paleo treats for her. ( I wasn’t sure about this whole paleo thing.)
Anyway, when she told me the idea of paleo pumpkin muffins, I didn’t know how they would turn out, but I myself was surprised how good they tasted.
The texture was a little different this time than my regular cinnamon pumpkin muffins, which by the way are made without eggs. But still delicious tasting!
I actually had two of these paleo pumpkin muffins as soon as they came out of the oven – I couldn’t resist! And neither will you… trust me on this one. 😉
What’s Different about these Paleo Pumpkin Muffins?
These Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are perfect if you’re looking for a gluten-free and dairy-free recipe.
- So,first you need to know that these paleo pumpkin muffins are made with a lot of eggs. Then we used coconut flour to make them gluten-free. Both of these ingredients will give you a different appearance and texture to these muffins.
- Also, please keep in mind, these ingredients will create a more dense texture.
- They are very moist with a little less of a sweet flavor, because we used maple syrup rather than refined sugar.
- They are lower in calories.
- Best of all, the delicious subtle flavor of chocolate from mini chocolate chips will seal the deal with these muffins!
Delicious, moist, and not too sweet, these Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are worth making!
This recipe is one of those simple, super easy to make in one bowl, with no mixer, and whisk all the ingredients together. Plus, it took only 10 minutes to whip up and 30 minutes to bake! (I love that part!)
Best part? Each muffin is only 101 calories!
So you can have a second one, guilt-free! 😉
Ingredients for Paleo Pumpkin Muffins: (your shopping list)
organic coconut flour
pure pumpkin: 1 can of pumpkin puree, but not the one for pie
spices: ground cloves, ground ginger, and nutmeg
apple cider vinegar
mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
What is Paleo?
For those of you who are wondering what is Paleo…
A paleo diet typically includes dairy products, legumes, and grains, along with lean meats, fish, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. It is considered to be food that in the past could be obtained by hunting and gathering.
If you like to read more about it, there are so many books to choose from, but the one I’d like to recommend is The Paleo Diet, and you pick it up at any bookstore, or on amazon.
Can we use Almond Flour instead of Coconut Flour?
Yes, you can use almond flour or even a good quality gluten-free all-purpose flour with this recipe
Can we Substitute Eggs in this recipe?
I have not tried this recipe using substitution for eggs. But if you try it, please leave a comment. It will help others who could be looking for alternative ingredients with this recipe.
Do we need Baking Soda to make these Paleo Muffins?
Yes, we do with this recipe. We need baking soda for most recipes because baking soda acts as a chemical leavening. It reacts with an acid to produce carbon dioxides, such as bubbles, and it allows cakes, muffins, and most baked goods to rise while baking And in some cases, baking soda also increases pH levels while reducing gluten.
These Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins turned out terrific!
Your family and friends will love these muffins as much as we do. A healthy recipe for a delicious afternoon snack or for a quick breakfast on the go! Try this recipe, it won’t disappoint!
For More Delicious Recipes for Healthy Muffins, try these:
Paleo Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Death by Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Lemon Zucchini Poppy Seed Muffins
And, finally a few more Pumpkin recipes! (just in case…)
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Magic Bars.
Easy Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls.
Easy NO-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Best Pumpkin Cookies with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting.
Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are healthier muffins loaded with coconut flour, spices, eggs, maple syrup, pure pumpkin, and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. These paleo pumpkin muffins are a great alternative as a healthy treat when you are craving something sweet.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 6 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin ( not for pie)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners, or spray each one lightly with cooking spray.
- In one large mixing bowl, add the first 10 ingredients and whisk until well blended, and no lumps are visible in the batter.
- Then whisk in the mini chocolate chips. The batter will be very soft.
- Divide the pumpkin mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle on each one with a few mini chocolate chips.
- Bake (on center rack) for 30 to 35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, allow the muffins to cool slightly while sitting in the pan, then remove and allow to cool completely.
- Yields: 12 paleo pumpkin muffins
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 3.1gCarbohydrates: 15.1gFiber: 3.4gSugar: 8.4gProtein: 3.9g
… Thanks for Pinning!
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3.1g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||12%|
|Total Sugars 8.4g|
|Vitamin D 8mcg||39%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition.|