Crustless Spinach and Cheese Quiche is made with 3 kinds of cheese, frozen chopped spinach, eggs, and chopped onions and bursts with fabulous flavor! No milk, nor cream is needed for this recipe, just 6 ingredients creating a very light and delicious tasting quiche that will keep you feeling full and satisfied for hours.
We love crustless quiches. They are low maintenance, highly nutritional, Keto-friendly, and excellent for breakfast, brunch, or for an easy weeknight meal.
Make-ahead and reheat, this crustless quiche is perfect to whip up in minutes when you need one, and they’re wonderful to serve all year round.
Our Italian mothers and grandmothers always made simple meals like this quiche, only they called them frittata or omelet.
And it was always 100% crustless.
It’s SO delicious!
I made it the other day and it was gone in minutes. Everyone was having seconds and even thirds, it turned out so good, everyone raved about it all day. The next morning, my husband even enjoy it cold, for breakfast.
So, what is Quiche?
The “quiche” is from French cuisine and it became popular when Julia Child first broadcasted the recipe on television. It’s made in a pastry crust filled with eggs, cream, and sometimes with meat or other veggies, and it’s baked in the oven. The quiche Lorraine is the most popular one made with bacon and it can be served either warm or cold.
Ingredients Needed (your shopping list):
frozen chopped spinach – 1 package (10-ounces)
1 large onion
eggs – at least 5 large eggs, or 6 small eggs
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
shredded mozzarella cheese
grated Parmesan cheese
olive oil, and some butter
seasonings – salt and black peppr
olive oil cooking spray – to spray the baking dish
How To Make this Crustless Quiche!
1. For this recipe, you will need to saute the onions for 5 minutes or more to soften and caramelize them.
2. Meanwhile, whisk 5 eggs along with the three kinds of cheese and seasonings.
3. Next, transfer the thawed spinach to a small strainer and press down with a spatula or a large spoon to squeeze out the excess water.
4. Then transfer the spinach to the onions in the skillet and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring to flavor the spinach.
5. Combine spinach mixture with the egg and cheese mixture and pour it into a prepared 9-inch baking dish.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F, for 15 to 17 minutes, until the edges and top are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the quiche to cool for a few minutes before serving. Then serve warm or at room temperature.
Can We Make Quiche Ahead?
Yes, indeed. You can make this crustless quiche ahead of time, bake it, and reheat when you’re ready to serve it.
Can We Freeze Quiche?
Yes, you can freeze quiche as long as you bake it first. Then remove it from the freezer and allow it to sit on your counter at least one hour before reheating it. Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F (180C) for 10 minutes.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 16 minutes
Total Time 26 minutes
- 1 (10-ounce) frozen chopped spinach - thawed
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 + 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. (190 C). Lightly spray a 9-inch baking pie dish. Set it aside.
- In a medium-size skillet, heat olive oil and butter on moderate heat, and add the chopped onion. Saute the onion for 3 to 5 minutes, until the onions are golden brown and caramelized.
- Add in the chopped spinach, and continue to cook the spinach with the onions for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together 5 eggs with salt, pepper. Then whisk in all three kinds of cheese. Finally, add in the spinach and onion mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Spread the mixture in an even layer.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 15 to 17 minutes, until the quiche is golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
If frozen, remove quiche from the freezer and allow it to sit on your counter at least one hour before reheating it. Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F (180C) for 10 minutes, or until its heated through.
For More Delicious Quiches… try these!
…Thanks for PINNING!