Crustless Broccoli Cheese Quiche is a low-carb, high protein, delicious tasting quiche. Loaded with broccoli, plus 4 kinds of cheese, this quiche is ready and baked in 35 minutes.
Light, fluffy, and with a ton of flavor, this crustless broccoli cheese quiche is a great way to fit more broccoli into your diet. An ideal dish to make ahead, serve the same day, or freeze for another time.
Savory Broccoli Cheese Quiche…
We love broccoli and adore quiches.
But let’s face it, Italians call this pie a “Frittata.”
Regardless of what we call it, this crustless broccoli cheese quiche is gluten-free, low-carb, keto-friendly, and amazingly flavorful! 😉
In addition, they are highly nutritional, satisfying, and excellent to serve for breakfast, brunch, or as an easy weeknight meal.
Best of all… no crust!
This means less prep work and it helps me to get it to the table in no time.
Quick Tips about this Quiche:
- You can use fresh broccoli or frozen with this recipe.
- This quiche is very light and fluffy, not weight down with too much of anything.
- It takes a few minutes to prep the broccoli and a few minutes to whisk the eggs and cheese mixture.
- If you use fresh broccoli, you may want to check out our post on How To Clean Broccoli Properly.
This is a simple recipe that basically places broccoli on the bottom of the pie dish. Then the egg and cheese mixture is poured over the entire broccoli and into the oven, it goes!
So gather up your ingredients, and let’s get started!
WATCH OUR VIDEO! HOW TO CLEAN BROCCOLI?
What you will need to make this quiche…
- Broccoli – one full broccoli, or crowns only, and about 4 to 5 cups.
- Eggs – at least 5 eggs.
- 4 Kinds of Cheeses – grated parmesan, shredded mozzarella, shredded cheddar, and grated pecorino cheeses.
- Light Cream – some half-and-half only.
- Seasonings – garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cooking Spray – to spray your baking dish.
How to Make Crustless Broccoli Cheese Quiche?
For this recipe, there are 3 easy steps to follow:
Step #1: Steam the Broccoli: Place your broccoli into a medium-size pot, add one inch of water, cover and bring to a boil. If you have a steam basket, you can use it. When the broccoli turns dark green, for about 2 minutes, drain the water, and allow it to steam for about 2 minutes more. Then uncover.
Step #2: Make the Mixture: In a mixing bowl, crack 5 eggs, whisk them, then toss in the cheeses and light cream. Whisk together until well combined.
Final Step #3: Transfer and Bake: Transfer the broccoli to a 9-inch baking pie dish, and spread it in a single layer. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the broccoli. Sprinkle with grated pecorino cheese on top.
Place it inside your preheated oven and bake it for about 30 minutes, until the middle is settled and it’s golden brown around the edges.
Quick Tips for Storing and Freezing…
- Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate. Quiches will stay fresh if kept chilled for up to 3 days.
- Best to bake this quiche first, then allow it to cool completely before covering it with aluminum foil and freezing. It freezes well for up to one month.
From breakfast to dinner, you can sneak broccoli into recipes that even non-broccoli fans will love! There is no limit to this green goodness we call broccoli.
A great recipe for this delicious, fluffy, and light quiche everyone will enjoy!
Try this recipe!
Additional Quiche Recipes…
- Spinach and Parmesan Quiche
- Mushroom and Sundried Tomato Quiche
- Crustless Spinach and Cheese Quiche
- Spinach and Kale Quiche
Additional Ideas and Recipes for Broccoli…
- How to Clean Broccoli Properly (+video)
- Best Broccoli Salad (Keto)
- Creamy Broccoli Soup – without the cream!
- Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- Tortellini and Broccoli Salad
- Creamy Broccoli Parmesan Soup
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 + 1/2 Tbsp. pecorino cheese
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190.6 C). Spray a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- First, clean broccoli, if fresh, you will need to steam in a pot with 1-inch of water, covered and for 3 minutes. Or steam in the microwave, covered with 2 tablespoons of water, on high for 3 minutes, until tender and bright green color.
- Spread the broccoli in the prepared pie dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cheddar cheese, parmesan, shredded mozzarella, half-and-half, garlic powder, and salt. if you like, you can add some fresh cracked black pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the broccoli. Sprinkle with grated pecorino cheese on top of the mixture.
- Bake (on the center rack) for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown around the sides and puffs up. The center should be firm when shaken, and it's bubbling around the edges.
- Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
Serves 6 to 8
You can easily freeze quiches for up to one month. Allow the quiche to cool completely before covering with aluminum foil and placing it into your freezer.
Yield:6 to 8
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 14.8gCarbohydrates: 4.3gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 1.1gProtein: 16.1g
Thanks for PInning!
That’s it friends! Any questions? …ask away! If you enjoyed our recipe for Crustless Broccoli Cheese Quiche, leave a comment below with a star rating! We’d love to hear from you.
Don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes “FREE” every time we post a new recipe, and reminders of great older ones too!
Happy Baking! 🙂
thanks for stopping by…
xo anna and liz
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14.8g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 8.5g||42%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.3g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|
|Total Sugars 1.1g|
|Vitamin D 11mcg||57%|