Mushroom and Sundried Tomato Quiche is loaded with mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, eggs, Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, and baked in a pie crust until the top of the quiche is golden brown. Light and savory, this mushroom and sundried tomato quiche is loaded with flavor and perfect to serve family and friends during this holiday season.
This quiche bursts with sundried tomato and Parmesan cheese flavor. The taste of mushrooms is completely hidden, making even the picky eaters enjoy eating this one.
Quiches are so versatile and perfect to serve anytime. Brunch and meatless dinners are just some of the countless ways to serve them.
If you’re having quests stay over for the holidays, then quiches can even be a life saver; one of the easiest meals you can make ahead, freeze and reheat when you need one.
This recipe for Mushroom and Sundried Tomato Quiche is a 2 step process.
First, you will need to cook the mushrooms. Simply sauteing the mushrooms with onions, garlic, sundried tomatoes and seasonings until the mushrooms are cooked, and set it aside.
Second, whisk together eggs with the cream and both cheeses and combine it with the mushroom mixture and pour it into the pie crust and bake.
No need to bake or thaw the pie crust before you pour the ingredients into it. It’s better if it is still slightly frozen before it bakes. This will ensure to bake the quiche evenly without burning the crust.
Make this quiche ahead and freeze! Then allow it to defrost before baking it. Perfect!
Mushroom and Sundried Tomato Quiche will compliment your next holiday buffet! Try this recipe and leave a comment! ENJOY!!
Mushroom and Sundried Tomato Quiche
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Breakfast / Brunch
Serves: 6 to 8
Mushroom and Sundried Tomato Quiche is loaded with mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, eggs, Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, and baked in a pie crust. Light and savory, this mushroom and sundried tomato quiche is loaded with flavor and perfect to serve family and friends during this holiday season.
- 10 ounces white button mushrooms, washed, drained- diced into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion- diced
- 2 garlic cloves-diced
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Sundried tomatoes (packed in oil)- diced into tiny pieces
- 1 Frozen 9-inch Pie Crust (do not thaw)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray with cooking oil in a ceramic Baking Pie Dish (preferably a 9 or 10-inch), and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, heat olive oil, adding onions and garlic,and sauteing them until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and crushed red pepper, stirring occasionally, cooking the mushrooms until all the moisture has disappeared, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat. Stir in the salt and dried parsley. Transfer to a small bowl and allow to cool completely; or pop into the fridge to speed up things.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk eggs, half & half, Parmesan cheese until well combined. Stir in the mozzarella cheese. Then fold in the mushroom mixture and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Remove 1 frozen pie crust from your freezer. Allow to warm up to room temperature for 2 minutes. Flip it over, using your hands to gently loosen at the edges of the crust and push off the crust to remove it from the silver tray it comes in, and place the frozen pie crust directly into your prepared ceramic baking pie dish. Don't worry if you broke it, it will bake and fuse itself together, Save the silver tray for reheating leftovers the next day.
- Place the quiche on the center rack of oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. The center of the quiche must be firm when you shake it and the top should be golden brown. Remove and allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6 to 8
Cooks notes: For Reheating: Place the chilled or frozen quiche on the counter and allow it to warm up to room temperature, about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Preheat oven to 300 degrees; place quiche in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until you insert the knife in center and it comes out steaming hot to the touch.