My Mushroom and Sundried Tomato Quiche is loaded with mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, eggs, Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, and baked in an easy pie crust. With its light, fluffy texture, this quiche bursts with savory flavors and Parmesan cheese.
Best of all, the flavor of the mushrooms is completely hidden, making even my picky eaters enjoy this quiche!
What is Quiche?
Quiche is a French tart consisting of a pastry crust filled with savory custard-like filling made with cheeses, meat, or vegetables. And it can be served hot, cold, or at a warm temperature.
Quiches are so versatile and perfect to serve anytime. Brunch, lunch, and even meatless dinners are just some of the countless ways to serve them.
If you’re having guests stay over for the holidays, quiches can be a lifesaver! And they are one of the easiest meals you can make ahead, freeze and reheat when you need one.
This recipe for Mushroom and Sundried Tomato Quiche is a 2 step process.
1. First, you will need to cook the vegetables. Simply saute the onions, garlic, and mushrooms in a skillet, then add in seasonings and sundried tomatoes and set it aside to cool.
2. Second, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the cream and cheeses, and stir in the mushroom mixture. Then pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake.
A few Tips!
No need to bake or thaw the pie crust before you pour the ingredients into it. It’s better if it is still slightly frozen before it bakes. This will ensure to bake the quiche evenly without burning the crust.
You can make this quiche ahead and freeze! Then allow it to defrost before baking it. Perfect!
Mushroom and Sundried Tomato Quiche will compliment your next holiday buffet!
This is such a delicious quiche. I bet your family and friends will ADORE this one and will even ask for seconds!
It’s positively DELICIOUS!! So you have to try this recipe!
You may enjoy this veggie-loaded tart and quiches!
- 10 ounces white button mushrooms, washed, drained- diced into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion- diced
- 2 garlic cloves-diced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large sundried tomatoes (packed in oil)- diced into tiny pieces
- 1 Frozen 9-inch Pie Crust (do not thaw)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray with cooking oil in a ceramic Baking Pie Dish (preferably a 9-inch), and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, heat olive oil, add onions and garlic, and saute them until softened about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and crushed red pepper, stirring occasionally, cooking the mushrooms until all the moisture has disappeared about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Stir in the salt, sundried tomatoes, and dried parsley. Transfer to a small bowl and allow to cool completely, or pop into the fridge to speed up things.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk eggs, half & half, Parmesan cheese until well combined. Stir in the mozzarella cheese. Then fold in the mushroom mixture and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Remove 1 frozen pie crust from your freezer. Allow to warm up to room temperature for 2 - 3 minutes. Using your hands to gently loosen at the edges of the crust and push off the crust to remove it from the silver tray it comes in, and place the frozen pie crust directly into your prepared ceramic baking pie dish. Don't worry if you broke it, it will bake and fuse itself together. Save the silver tray for reheating leftovers the next day.
- Pour the entire mixture into the pie crust.
- Place the quiche on the center rack of the oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. The center of the quiche must be firm when you shake it and the top should be golden brown. Remove and allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: The quiche will puff up like a souffle, but then it will deflate as it cools down.
- Serves 6 to 8
For Reheating: Place the chilled or frozen quiche on the counter and allow it to warm up to room temperature, about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Preheat oven to 300 degrees; place quiche in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until you insert the knife in center and it comes out steaming hot to the touch.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 13.4gCarbohydrates: 13.7gFiber: 1.gSugar: 2.5gProtein: 5.9g
…Thanks for Pinning!!
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13.4g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.7g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 2.5g|
|Vitamin D 134mcg||671%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition|