The Ultimate Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookies. Super-thin, chewy, crispy edges and LOADED with wholesome ingredients, including bittersweet chocolate chips is what makes these cookies the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever! Plus, they will stay chewy for days! …if they last that long!
Do you remember the old-fashioned buttery chocolate chip cookies we enjoyed as kids? The ones that were soft, chewy, and melted-in-your-mouth with every bite.
Well, these are those childhood favorite chocolate chip cookies that will bring back those wonderful memories!
Anytime is a good time to bake cookies especially when we’re in the mood for them. Don’t you think?
Soon, it will be that time of year when I start my baking obsession and enjoy a cup of tea or a caffe latte in my hand.
But for now, let’s bake up some cookies, and bake up a batch of these ultimate bittersweet chocolate chip cookies!
Super-thin, chewy, and buttery are soft with warm melted bittersweet chips. They are so good, everyone will devour them in minutes.
These cookies have to be one of the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes we have ever made, and I encourage everyone to try this recipe.
Additional Reasons to LOVE our Ultimate Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookies…
- Made in One Bowl, and baked in minutes.
- The bittersweet chocolate chips give it an intense chocolate flavor.
- These cookies are made with staple pantry ingredients.
- This recipe will yield 4 dozen cookies.
- As soon as these cookies are out of the oven and before they get to cool on the rack, they disappear!
As soon as these cookies come out of the oven, everyone who grabs a warm cookie will most definitely have it dripping all over their hands and lips. (It’s the best!)
Mmm … could someone pass me some milk, please!
Options to add to the mix of these Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookies…
- toss in some chopped walnuts
- chopped pecans
- chopped toffee candy bars
- add in semi-sweet chocolate chips, instead of bittersweet, or both
- any of these options will add a little crunch and more flavor
How to Keep These Chocolate Chip Cookies Chewy?
The secret to keeping these cookies chewy for days is to store them in a sealed container while they are still warm. But not too warm to handle.
How To Store These Cookies…
Store these bittersweet chocolate chip cookies in a large sealed container. Lay a sheet of wax paper on the bottom of the container, then transfer the cookies and store them at room temperature. They will stay fresh and chewy for up to two weeks.
To Freeze Cookies…
First, allow the cookies to cool completely before freezing. Next, place them in a ziplock bag or in a sealed plastic container, and place them into your freezer. These cookies will freeze well, and for up to one month.
Baking cookies is always a fun activity for the whole family! It brings everyone into the kitchen, as it should.
This recipe for these bittersweet chocolate chip cookies is a definite keeper!
Don’t forget to PIN it !! and SHARE! … thanks again!
Need a few more chocolate chip cookie recipes? ..try these:
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
- Chewy Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Hi everyone! Are you baking with us? If you make the ultimate bittersweet chocolate chip cookies, please let us know and leave a comment below!
It makes us happy to see what you bake! 🙂
- 14 Tbsp. (198.5grams) unsalted butter- softened
- 1 cup ( 200grams) white sugar
- 1 cup (220grams) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups (272grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp.baking soda
- 1 package (10 ounces) (285grams) Bittersweet Chocolate Chips, for baking (60% Cacao)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190C).
- In ONE large mixing bowl, cream butter with both sugars. Blend in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Beat in flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Remove the hand mixer.
- With a large wooden spoon, stir in the bittersweet chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoon onto a baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are golden around the edges of the cookies. Best to keep an eye on them, they will bake quickly.
- Yields: about 4 dozen
Yield:24 servings (2 cookies pp)
Serving Size:2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 10.7gCarbohydrates: 29.4gProtein: 2.6g