The Ultimate Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookies. Super-thin, chewy, crispy edges and LOADED with wholesome ingredients, including bittersweet chocolate chips is what makes these cookies the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever! Plus, they will stay chewy for days! …if they last that long!
Do you remember the old-fashioned buttery chocolate chip cookies we enjoyed as kids? The ones that were soft, chewy, and melted-in-your-mouth with every bite.
Well, these are those childhood favorite chocolate chip cookies that will bring back those wonderful memories!
The fall and winter are the best times of year to bake cookies.
It’s that time of year when I like to start my baking obsession. I love to throw on a pair of jeans, a soft sweater and enjoy those cool, crisp evenings with a hot cup of tea or a caffe latte in my hand.
So, what are you waiting for? This is the best time of year to get back into baking, and the first thing I like to do is bake up a batch of these ultimate bittersweet chocolate chip cookies!
These cookies are really the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe we have ever made, and I encourage everyone to try this recipe.
Reasons to LOVE these Ultimate Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookies…
- The bittersweet chocolate chips, which are in fact a combination of both bitter dark chocolate and sweet dark chocolate give it the intense chocolate flavor.
- Made in One Bowl, and baked in minutes.
- These cookies are made with staple pantry ingredients.
- This recipe will yield 4 dozen cookies.
- As soon as these cookies are out of the oven and before they get to cool on the rack, they disappear!
- Super-thin, chewy, buttery soft with warm melted bittersweet chips.
- They are so good, everyone will devour them.
When everyone grabs a warm cookie as soon as they come out of the oven, it’s dripping all over their hands and lips. It’s the best!
Mmm … could someone pass me some milk, please!
Options to add into the mixture for these Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookies…
- toss in some chopped walnuts
- chopped pecans
- chopped toffee candy bars
- add in semi-sweet chocolate chips, instead of bittersweet, or both
- any of these options will add a little crunch and more flavor
How to Keep These Chocolate Chip Cookies Chewy?
To keep these cookies chewy for days, it’s best to store them in a container while they are still warm. But not too warm to handle.
To Store Cookies…
Store these bittersweet chocolate chip cookies in a large sealed container. Lay a sheet of wax paper on the bottom of the container, then transfer the cookies and store them at room temperature. They will stay fresh and chewy for up to two weeks.
To Freeze Cookies…
Place these cookies in a ziplock bag or in a plastic container. These cookies will freeze well, and for up to one month.
Baking cookies is a fun activity for the whole family! It brings everyone into the kitchen, as it should.
This recipe for these bittersweet chocolate chip cookies is a definite keeper!
DON’T forget to PIN it !! and SHARE! … thanks again!
Need a few more chocolate chip cookie recipes? ..try these:
Hi everyone! Are you baking with us? If you make the ultimate bittersweet chocolate chip cookies, please let us know and leave a comment below!
It makes us happy to see what you bake! 🙂
- 14 Tbsp. (198.5grams) unsalted butter- softened
- 1 cup ( 200grams) white sugar
- 1 cup (220grams) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups (272grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp.baking soda
- 1 package (10 ounces) (285grams) Bittersweet Chocolate Chips, for baking (60% Cacao)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190C).
- In ONE large mixing bowl, cream butter with both sugars. Blend in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Beat in flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Remove the hand mixer.
- With a large wooden spoon, stir in the bittersweet chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoon onto a baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are golden around the edges of the cookies. Best to keep an eye on them, they will bake quickly.
- Yields: about 4 dozen
Yield:24 servings (2 cookies pp)
Serving Size:2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 10.7gCarbohydrates: 29.4gProtein: 2.6g
Recipe adapted from Trader Joe’s Cookies