Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies are loaded with organic shredded coconut and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, making them soft, wonderfully chewy and chocolate delicious! These chocolate chip coconut cookies are SO good, they will make you go coco-nutty! Made in one bowl and baked in minutes, they always turn out perfect, and can be made into large or small cookies and stay chewy for days!
The other night my daughter decided to make a batch of her favorite chocolate chip cookies, and since we had some shredded coconut in our pantry, she decided to add some to the recipe.
She loves baking cookies and coming up with new recipes. It happens to be her thing. She’s always trying to add something different into the mix!
But these cookies absolutely turned out to be the most scrumptious cookies ever! Soft and chewy with mini chocolate chips in every bite! YUM!
And with a little inspiration and imagination, this is how this recipe evolved!
My daughter loves to make giant size cookies, so she used an ice cream scoop to make these large ones. I prefer using a teaspoon to make the small ones. Keep in mind, large cookies will need more baking time, about 12 to 15 minutes; while the small ones only need 8 to 10 minutes.
The mini chocolate chips are my favorite part of the cookie. Who doesn’t love chocolate? Besides the chocolate, the shredded coconut gives them their chewy texture in every bite, making these cookies so irresistible, you can’t just eat one!
Everyone needs a great cookie once in a while; and when you make them homemade, they are best thing ever! Don’t you think?
Now, let’s make cookies!
Ok, now you can save, tag, or PIN to your cookie board! Thanks!
We have a few more favorite recipes, you may enjoy some of these:
Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
Recipe type: Cookies
Serves: 3 dozen
Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies are loaded with organic shredded coconut and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. Soft, chewy and delicious, these chocolate chip coconut cookies are SO good, they will make you go coco-nutty!
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick) - very soft, even slightly melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 + ¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1 + ¾ cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat on medium speed with a electric hand mixer, butter and sugars together until creamy. Add in the eggs and beat until smooth. Then beat in the vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Next, add in the flour, and beat until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Remove beaters and use a large wooden spoon to stir in the shredded coconut and mini chocolate chips.
For smaller cookies:
- Drop by teaspoon onto an non-stick cookie sheet. BAKE for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges around the cookies are golden brown. Remove and allow to cook on a rack for a few minutes.
- Store in a sealed container to keep fresh and chewy for days. Yields: 3 dozen
For larger cookies:
- Use the medium size ice cream scoop to scoop the cookie dough and place onto a cookie sheet. Place them 2 inches apart. BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are golden around the edges and on top. Remove and allow cookies to cool on rack for a few minutes. Seal cookies in a plastic container to keep fresh and chewy for days.
- Yields about 12 large cookies.