Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies are loaded with organic shredded coconut and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, making them soft, wonderfully chewy, and chocolate delicious! These chocolate chip coconut cookies are SO good, they will make you go coco-nutty! Made in one bowl and baked in minutes, they always turn out perfect, and can be made into large or small cookies and stay chewy for days!
The other night my daughter decided to make a batch of her favorite chocolate chip cookies, and since we had some shredded coconut in our pantry, she decided to add some to the recipe.
She loves baking cookies and coming up with new recipes. It happens to be her thing. She’s always trying to add something different into the mix!
But these cookies absolutely turned out to be the most scrumptious cookies ever! Soft and chewy with mini chocolate chips in every bite! YUM!
And with a little inspiration and imagination, this is how this recipe evolved!
My daughter loves to make giant size cookies, so she used an ice cream scoop to make these large ones. I prefer using a teaspoon to make the small ones.
Keep in mind, that large cookies will need more baking time, about 12 to 15 minutes; while the small ones only need 8 to 10 minutes.
Reasons Why It Works…
The mini chocolate chips are my favorite part of the cookie. Who doesn’t love chocolate?
Besides the chocolate, the shredded coconut gives them their nutty flavor and chewy texture in every bite, making these cookies so irresistible, that you can’t just eat one!
Everyone needs a great cookie once in a while; and when you make them homemade, they are the best thing ever! Don’t you think?
Here’s What You’ll Need…
For our Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies, you will need the basic, standard ingredients. Plus a teaspoon or small ice cream scoop, and/or a large ice cream scoop to make each cookie perfect. Here are the ingredients needed: (*full recipe card below!)
Butter: when making cookies, you will need butter, and unsalted butter is preferred with this recipe.
Sugars: you will need 2 different kinds of sugar, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar. Both sugars will be blended with the butter to create a creamy mixture. This will make these cookies extra moist and chewy.
Eggs: of course, eggs are also blended into the cookie dough and you will need 2 eggs with this recipe.
Flour: use unbleached all-purpose flour, or you can use gluten-free all-purpose flour (see comments below!)
Vanilla Extract: vanilla extract is an ingredient that will enhance the flavors infused into the cookie dough. If you don’t have any on hand, no worries, it won’t break the deal.
Baking Soda, and Salt: that goes without saying. We need the baking soda, and a little salt to balance out the sugars in the recipe. Keep in mind, that if you use “salted” butter, then you can omit the salt.
Organic Shredded Coconut: using the best quality shredded coconut will make a difference in the texture and flavor of these cookies. They will infuse additional flavors into these traditional chocolate chip cookies, making them irresistible.
Chocolate Chips: I prefer to use the “mini” semi-sweet chocolate chips with this recipe. They just work perfectly with this recipe. They really balance out the “nutty” flavor with the chocolate in every bite – it’s just perfect!
Quick Notes and Tips…
- You can prep the dough in advance and keep it in your fridge until you are ready to bake.
- Also, you can freeze the dough as well until you are ready to bake. But remember to allow the dough to thaw for at least 30 minutes or more before baking.
- If you don’t have any “mini” chocolate chips on hand, don’t fret! This recipe will work fine with any chocolate chips you may have.
- Always store these cookies in a sealed container to keep them fresh and chewy for days! (if they last that long!)
Now, let’s make cookies!
… and ENJOY!!
Ok, now you can save, tag, or PIN to your cookie board! Thanks!
More Favorite Recipes for You To Try!
- Chewy Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Ultimate Bitter Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Coconut Orange Macaroons (gluten-free)
- Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter (1 stick) - very soft, even slightly melted
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 + 1/4 cups (270 grams) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (100 grams) organic shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 + 3/4 cups (360 grams) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- On medium speed with an electric hand mixer, beat butter and sugars together until creamy. Add in the eggs and beat until smooth. Then beat in the vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- Next, add in the flour, and beat until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Remove beaters and use a large wooden spoon to stir in the shredded coconut and mini chocolate chips. Cookie dough will be very soft and sticker.
For smaller cookies:
- Drop by teaspoon onto a non-stick cookie sheet.
- BAKE for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges around the cookies are golden brown. Remove and allow to cool on a rack for a few minutes.
- Store in a sealed container to keep fresh and chewy for days. Yields: 3 dozen
For larger cookies:
- Use the medium size ice cream scoop to scoop the cookie dough and place it onto a cookie sheet. Place them 2 inches apart.
- BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are golden around the edges and on top. Remove and allow cookies to cool on a rack for a few minutes. Seal cookies in a plastic container to keep them fresh and chewy for days.
- Yields: about 12 large cookies.
Serving Size:3 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 398Total Fat: 18.9gCarbohydrates: 57.4gFiber: 3.2gSugar: 34.9gProtein: 3.7g