Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (No-Bake!)
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies are thick, chewy, and have little bites. They are gluten-free, egg-free, and made in 5 minutes on stove-top! Best of all, 2 cookies are only 82 calories! So you can satisfy those daily chocolate cravings, guilt-free!
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies…
I had seen this recipe years ago while watching one of the food network channels and remembered writing the ingredients down in an old cookbook of mine.
Let’s face it, a cookie recipe that requires no baking, is more fun to make, don’t you think?
These are loaded with 4 ingredients, cocoa powder, old-fashioned rolled oats, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. They’re great to keep in your fridge or freezer.
Best of all, you can enjoy 2 cookies every day, whenever your chocolate cravings strike.
How to Make These N0-Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies…
With 4 Easy Steps, you can make these cookies in no time!
1. First, in a small saucepan and on medium heat, pour in the milk, toss in the sugar and butter. Stir until the sugar dissolves completely in the milk and the butter is melted.
2. Second, whisk in the cocoa powder and keep whisking until the cocoa powder is well combined. Continue to cook until the chocolate mixture comes to a low boil, lower the heat to low, and let it boil for less than one minute, stirring occasionally. Then turn off the heat and remove the pot from the stove.
3. Third, stir in the old-fashioned oats, and stir until the mixture is well combined.
4. Finally, stir in the peanut butter, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
Now it’s time for the mixture to cool… before shaping into cookies…
Next, set the mixture aside and allow it to cool down for about 20 minutes or so before you toss in the chocolate chips. If the mixture is too warm, it will melt the chocolate chips into the mixture.
Drop by teaspoonfuls or make a ball, a little larger than the size of a quarter and place them onto parchment paper. Then use the back of a spoon to flatten each cookie.
These cookies are easy to work with, shaping them with your fingers when the batter is cool enough to handle is one way, or you can use a small ice cream scoop to make the cookies.
Then press on top with a few chocolate chips.
Allow the cookies to cool and hardened, about 30 minutes or more. Or, refrigerate them for about 15 minutes to fully harden.
NOTES and TIPS for SUCCESS!
NEED Dairy-Free? Easy! …swap out the milk for any non-dairy milk.
I recommend allowing the cookie mixture to cool down before adding the chocolate chips. I added them too quickly and realized the batter was still too warm, causing them to melt into the mixture. So I needed to add an additional 1/2 cup and then used extra chips to top each cookie.
Store cookies in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Freeze them for up to 4 weeks.
And enjoy them! They are AMAZING!!
Making No-Bake Cookies couldn’t be easier!
You may want to double this recipe; they are that good.
My freezer is usually filled with an assortment of cookies, so I can snag one after dinner and enjoy it with a cup of hot tea on the couch and watch 4 episodes of some of our favorite shows on Netflix.
Our friends are still talking about the Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies I posted last year, and she sent me a personal email to tell me: ” I’ve made them 3 times already, and they’re my favorite!”
I love developing new recipes from time to time and post the ones I think are worthy. This genius recipe for no-bake chocolate chip peanut butter cookies is a keeper!
… and ENJOY!
… Thanks for PINNING!
Finally, there are a few more No-Bake Desserts you might enjoy:
No-Bake Banana Pudding IceBox Bars
5 Minute Mixed Berry Pie
No-Bake Dairy Free Vanilla Toasted Almond Panna Cotta
Chocolate Chip Cannoli Dip
Silky Chocolate Cream Pie
No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
Yield: 30 to 32 cookies
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies( Gluten-Free)
These delicious No-Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies are small, thick, and chewy. Gluten-free, egg-free, and made in 5 minutes on stove-top! Best of all, 2 cookies are only 82 calories! So you can satisfy your daily chocolate cravings, guilt-free!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (or almond milk)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 + 3/4 cups Quaker Old-Fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt.
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, and extra
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a small saucepan, heat on medium heat and pour in the milk, sugar, and butter and stir until the butter melts and sugar dissolves. Stir in the cocoa and let it come to a low boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in oats, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Set it aside to cool down for a few minutes, about 15 to 20 minutes. IF the batter is still too warm, it will melt all the chocolate chips. So it's best to wait until it's cooled down enough. Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoonfuls, or make balls and use the back of the spoon to flatten each cookie. You may use a small ice cream scoop if you wish to make them equally. Place them onto the prepared baking sheet. Then add a few chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool and hardened, at least 30 minutes or more. If you can, place the baking sheet into your refrigerator for about 15 to 20 minutes to hardened.
- Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate, up to 5 days.
- Yields: 30 to 32 cookies
This recipe is adapted from foodnetwork.
Serving Size:2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 4.2gSaturated Fat: 1.6gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 10.3gSugar: 7.8gProtein: 1.7g
Hello friends! Have you tried our no-bake chocolate chip peanut butter cookies? We’d love to hear from you. Have fun and snap a photo, hashtag it #2sistersrecipes on Instagram, and on Pinterest; and be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes. We’d love to see your creations and share them with the world! 🙂
And, please leave a comment with a star rating, your insights and experience will help everyone who reads them, and will help us too!
Don’t forget to enter your email in our weekly ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes, every time we post, and reminders of great older ones too!
Happy Baking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
We are on a self-imposed diet since we eat too well during our vacation so I’ll have to bookmark these treats for later use 🙂 They sure look tempting!
I understand completely. I Keep these chocolate cookies in my freezer so I can take a piece out each day when my chocolate cravings strike. 🙂 They are truly amazing!
I’ve been trying very hard to forget that these cookies exist! They’re too good and to easy!
Hi Jeff!! You have to make them. They are too good to pass up! Enjoy!!
Awesome. Needed a gluten free cookie recipe!!
Hi Nicole! So glad to hear you’ll be making these cookies. I will be posting a few more gluten-free recipes for you. So stay tuned!