Try our healthy, delicious Creamy Broccoli Soup-without the cream! It is very smooth with a velvety texture and makes a great starter to any meal. Dairy-free and gluten-free, this creamy broccoli soup is easy to make and ready to serve in 25 minutes. It provides your family with a nutritious dish to help fight the cold season. What could be better?
Creamy Broccoli Soup-without cream…
Creamy Broccoli Soup is simple and delicious tasting. So flavorful, you’ll ask for a second bowl, every time.
This is a no-fuss recipe, just an easy simmer with vegetables and broccoli along with broth and water.
As kids, our mom only made soups like this, from scratch. She was not fond of adding a ton of ingredients, or cheeses.
She always left the grated parmesan cheese at the table, as an option.
How to make our Creamy Broccoli Soup without the cream?
This soup is simply pureed into a creamy mixture for a smooth texture without adding any cream – what-so-ever!
It was the way our mother made her cream of soups. She always took her soups and pureed them in the blender or with a handheld immersion blender.
No need to add extra calories or fat.
With this recipe, I decided to top each dish with some freshly diced tomatoes. It lends a delicious flavor and texture.
You can top it with other toppings as well, like a drizzle of chili oil, a few croutons, or some grated parmesan cheese.
But, first how to clean broccoli properly? The video will demonstrate!
Watch our video: How to Clean Fresh Broccoli Properly. (1-minute video)
Creamy broccoli soup without the cream is delicious and very satisfying!
So don’t be fooled – just because it says creamy, doesn’t mean it has cream in it.
A FEW NOTES and TIPS…
- It’s best to puree the soup in small batches if you are using a blender.
- Be sure to have a tight lid or cover on the blender and blend on the “lowest speed” especially if the soup is very hot. Then you can gradually increase the speed slowly until the mixture is pureed and creamy.
- Store The Soup: Store in a sealed container, and in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
- Freeze The Soup: Because it does not contain any dairy, you can freeze this broccoli soup. It will freeze well, and for up to one month.
Broccoli is considered to be one of the ‘power foods’ among the vegetable group. We try our best to incorporate this healthy vegetable into our meals as much as possible.
You may want to try another version of this delicious soup that incorporates frozen broccoli, it’s our Quick & Easy Soup with Broccoli.
And another fabulous soup, try our Easy Broccoli Leek Soup.
Creamy Broccoli Soup is incredibly nutritious and truly good for you.
It provides lots of vitamin C, even in just a cup! You can serve it as a lighter starter for dinner, or for lunch with a sandwich on the side.
Store leftovers in a sealed container and they will stay freshly chilled for up to 3 days.
…Thanks for PINNING!
More Delicious Creamy Soups!
- Cream of Zucchini Soup without Cream
- Split Pea and Thyme Soup
- Creamy Broccoli Parmesan Soup
- Easy Brussels Sprouts Soup
- Lemon Orzo Soup
- Velvety Celery Soup
- Creamy Artichoke Soup
- Easy Broccoli Zucchini Soup
- Creamy Butternut Squash Potato Soup
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 full head of fresh Broccoli (about 5 cups)
- 1 medium onion- chopped
- 2 stalks of celery- chopped
- 1 garlic clove- sliced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 + 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp. dried marjoram
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp. basil chopped
- 1 cup water ( if needed )
- salt & pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Optional - 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped for garnish.
- Peel the stalks of the broccoli, and cut them into 1/2 inch lengths. Break the tops into small florets. Rinse and wash the broccoli. In a medium pot, bring 1 cup of water to boil, add the broccoli, cover, and steam for 3 minutes.
- In another large saucepot, cook the onion, celery, and garlic in the olive oil over moderately low heat, for about 4 minutes or until the onion is softened. Add the broth and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the herbs and the steamed broccoli. Heat the soup for about 6 minutes. Simmer the soup until it's heated through. Taste the soup, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In small batches, transfer soup to a blender, or food processor, or use a handheld immersion blender, which I like to use, and simply puree into a creamy texture and serve!
- If the soup is too thick for your liking, just add a little water.
- Optional: garnish with a spoonful of chopped tomato. You may serve it with some grated Parmesan cheese at the table.
- Serves 6
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 11.1gCarbohydrates: 5.7gFiber: 2gSugar: 1.3gProtein: 3.3g