Creamy Artichoke Soup is loaded with artichokes hearts, vegetable broth, onions, garlic and a potato, then pureed into a creamy texture. An awesome soup! This is so delicious even my picky daughter Maria who always resists to tasting anything new, (especially because she doesn’t like artichokes) loved it after one spoonful.
Remove the cheese and it’s Vegan! Creamy Artichoke Soup is a no fuss soup with a smooth and creamy texture. It is high in flavor and in nutrition, without all the calories and fat. So good for you, this is one soup you have to try!
Artichokes, as you know are loaded with high antioxidants and are high in fiber. It’s another ideal way to use your artichokes, and to get your family to eating more of this healthy green vegetable.
For this recipe, I recommend using frozen artichokes hearts instead of the fresh ones, simply because it eliminates all the work and you can get the same flavor and texture using the frozen ones.
Also, using frozen artichoke hearts helped me cut the labor and time to nearly minimal, making this soup super easy to whip up for dinner.
However, if you prefer to use fresh ones and you are a newbie here, you may want to check out our tutorial on: How To Clean Artichokes.
Also, I prefer to use the low-sodium vegetable broth with this recipe. It adds so much flavor to the soup.
Plus, to balance the flavor with some of my soups, I like to add in a potato from time to time. It lightens the flavor, while enhances the texture to a creamy consistency.
And for even more flavor, I like to toss in a tablespoon of grated Pecorino cheese. But you can leave it out if you want this soup to be dairy-free.
This is an wonderful soup to serve as the first course during any busy weeknight. It’s even elegant enough to serve guests at a dinner party. Creamy artichoke soup can be whipped up in 25 minutes or less, and can easily be made ahead and reheat just before serving.
Creamy Artichoke Soup is so heavenly creamy, and flavorful – everyone will ask for the recipe! It’s rich and creamy texture along with an amazing flavor, anyone can actually say it’s definitely restaurant-worthy!
Thank you for Pinning!!
… and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest!
For More Delicious Artichoke Heart Recipes, try these:
Creamy Artichoke Soup
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Soup / Lunch or Dinner
Serves: 4 servings
Creamy Artichoke Soup ~ is made with artichokes hearts, vegetable broth, onions, garlic and a potato, then pureed into a creamy texture. An awesome soup for the whole family to love!
- 1 onion- sliced
- 2 garlic cloves- sliced
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen artichoke hearts, rinsed (I used Trader Joe's)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup water
- 1 medium size baking potato-chopped into small pieces
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. grated Pecorino cheese, and extra for serving
- fresh thyme, to garnish
- In a medium sauce pan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil on low heat. Simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes, until the onions are softened and translucent. Add in the artichokes and salt. Cover and simmer on low heat for 2 minutes. Stir occasionally, this will allow the artichokes to infuses with the onions and garlic.
- Pour in vegetable broth, water, and add in the chopped potato, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover again, and lower heat to simmer the soup for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool for a while before you blend or puree.
- Once the soup cools down. Pour into a blender, or you can use an immersion hand blender and puree into a smooth and creamy texture. If using a blender, pour soup back into the pot. Before serving, stir in one tablespoon of grated Pecorino cheese. Taste and season with salt to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh thyme on top. Serve with extra grated pecorino cheese at the table.
- Serves 4
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
xo Anna and Liz