Try this delicious appetizer, our Crunchy Roasted Artichoke Hearts! These are easily made with frozen artichoke hearts, extra virgin olive oil, and a simple bread crumb mixture. Then roasted and ready in 30 minutes to a crispy crunchy texture and topped with a squeeze of lemon for a zesty flavor. Yum!
Frozen artichoke hearts will make this appetizer easier and in no time! Perfect for family gatherings, game nights, and even the holidays.
Serve them warm with some freshly squeezed lemon juice over them, which is the way I prefer them, or serve them with a delicious lemon-garlic aioli as a dip (recipe included).
They are so good, and addicting!
Crunchy Roasted Artichoke Hearts are a great way to get your family to eating more artichokes!
I often make these roasted artichoke hearts as an appetizer for my family while they wait patiently for me to get dinner ready.
It usually helps keep them from running to the pantry and grabbing something unhealthy.
WHY WE LOVE This Recipe?
Using frozen artichoke hearts eliminates all the prep work needed as opposed to using fresh artichoke hearts. Plus, they come already pre-cut and quartered for you. 🙂
Each 12-ounce package contains about 30 pieces of artichokes, enough to serve a small crowd or a family of 4 to 5.
The total time to dip and coat the chokes is about 10 minutes.
Best of all, these artichoke hearts are roasted in the oven, instead of fried! Making them healthier and not oily.
Crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside and SO delicious! A fun-finger food to serve family and friends.
Artichokes are loaded with nutrients and it’s a vegetable in the superfoods category.
How To Make These Crunchy Roasted Artichoke Hearts:
1. Once the chokes are completely thawed. Place the chokes in between paper towels and lightly press on top to squeeze out excess water from them.
2. Pour olive oil into a small bowl and mix the bread crumb mixture in a second bowl.
3. Take each artichoke heart and dip to coat in olive oil and then coat into the bread crumb mixture. Then transfer onto a baking pan.
4. Roast in a preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the chokes are golden brown and crispy. Remove and serve with a few lemon wedges on the side, or with our lemon-garlic aioli for dipping.
Cook’s Notes and TIPS for Success!
It’s always best to make your own bread crumbs mixture using plain bread crumbs with your own seasonings. This way you can control what goes into the mixture, and how much.
No need to add any salt to this recipe, the parmesan cheese will give it enough flavor to these artichokes.
Look for a good quality Parmesan cheese. I prefer Parmigiano-Reggiano over any other brand. Other brands are imitation, cheaper versions, and loaded with processed ingredients.
Never waste a drop of good quality extra virgin olive oil! Always spoon or drizzle any remaining olive oil from the bowl over the prepared artichokes before they go into the oven.
Make them ahead and leave them on the counter for an hour or so, or chill, then fully roast them before family and friends arrive.
Serve these crunchy roasted artichokes hearts alone or with our creamy lemon-garlic aioli dip for an extra delicious flavor! (recipe included)
Roasted Artichoke Hearts not only make a fun-finger appetizer, but you can also serve as a side dish with dinner!
Anytime I can get my family to eat more vegetables – is always a win-win!
Try these crunchy roasted artichoke hearts and let us know!
As promised, here is our recipe for creamy Lemon-Garlic Aioli:
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Transfer to a small dip dish.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Finally, More Easy and Delicious Artichoke Recipes:
Garlic Stuffed Artichokes (with video)
- 12 -ounces frozen quartered artichoke hearts - thawed (about 30 pieces)
- 1/3 cup, plus 1 Tbsp. (3-ounces) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley - minced
- 1 small lemon
Bread Crumb Mixture:
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/8 tsp. Italian herb seasonings
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees F. (218 C).
- First, when the artichokes are thawed, place two sheets of paper towels onto a plate or counter. Spread the artichoke hearts in a single layer. Take 2 more sheets of paper towels and lay over them. Then gently press down to squeeze out excess water. Remove artichokes and transfer them to a plate.
- In a small bowl, pour in the olive oil.
- In a breading pan, mix together bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian herb seasonings.
- Take each artichoke piece, or a few at a time, dip into the olive oil, then lightly coat into the bread crumb mixture. Shake off excess crumbs. Transfer to a large baking pan.
- Continue until all the quartered artichoke hearts are done. Take any remaining extra virgin olive oil in the bowl, and drizzle over the prepared artichokes. Place the baking dish on the center rack.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with freshly minced parsley over them. Then drizzle and squeeze lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon) over them.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serves 6 to 8
The prep time does not include the time needed to thaw them.
You can easily reheat the chokes in the oven at 350 degrees F, for about 10 minutes to get them warm again, and longer to get them crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54
For more delicious artichoke recipes and ideas, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Tried our crunchy roasted artichoke hearts recipe? Let us know and leave a comment! Have fun and snap a photo and share it on Pinterest, be sure to tag us #2sistersrecipes and @2sistersrecipes.
And, don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Weekly Newsletter Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes FREE every time we post a new recipe and reminders of great older ones.
Stay HEALTHY and Happy BAKING!! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
Welcome! From Anna and Liz
We believe the kitchen is the center and the heart of the home. It is where we cook, eat, and unwind with family and friends, creating memorable traditions! Read more…
Sign Up For Our Email List
Something delicious for your inbox! Subscribe and join our email list and get all our recipes FREE!