Delicious and light, Artichoke Hearts Salad is simple, not complicated, less than a 10-minute vegetarian low carb side, and another fantastic addition to our 13 Fast and Easy Salads! Dairy-free and vegan, our artichoke salad is marinated with a tangy lemon vinaigrette for a refreshing, clean taste!
Delicious Artichoke Hearts Salad
One bite and everyone will be hooked. Italian salads like this one are perfect for picnics, and outdoor entertaining. No need to worry about any dairy, like mayonnaise spoiling in warm weather.
A great side dish to serve all year long!
With 5 main ingredients, you can whip this salad up in minutes.
frozen artichoke hearts
extra virgin olive oil
fresh parsley or basil
In this recipe, frozen artichoke hearts are quickly sauteed with olive oil, white wine, and some garlic.
No need to defrost the chokes either, just open the package and toss them into the pot or skillet.
Then, transfer to a mixing bowl, toss them with a simple lemon and extra virgin olive oil marinade, and chill for at least 30 minutes or more to marinate the chokes.
The longer they marinate, the better tasting they become. Best of all, you can serve them chilled or at room temperature.
It’s a wonderful vegetable salad to add to your summer weekend BBQ and one that will compliment all grilled meats, fish, and poultry.
This recipe serves 4, but you can easily double this recipe for more servings. And it will keep fresh for days.
Make It Your Own…
Add some cooked chopped pieces of prosciutto or cooked pancetta to the salad.
Toss in a few capers into this salad.
Toss in some kalamata olives and crushed red pepper to give it some heat.
Delicious Artichoke Hearts Salad is simple and easy. I bet your family and friends won’t mind a vegetable salad on the table. Try it!
More Easy and Tasty Veggies Salads!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts - thawed
- 2 Tbps. extra virgin olive oil - divided
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 + 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice, plus extra
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- optional: a generous pinch of fresh mint - minced
- In a medium-size pot or skillet, and on medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the artichokes and saute the artichokes for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss in the minced garlic and stir to fragrant the artichokes for 1 minute.
- Then pour in the white wine, and simmer on low heat (uncovered) until the wine has completely absorbed. Shake the pot or stir with a wooden spoon. When the wine has completely evaporated, turn off the heat and transfer artichokes to a small mixing bowl.
- Next, drizzle extra virgin olive oil, about one tablespoon, and add lemon juice, parsley, and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes. Toss lightly to blend.
- Chill (uncovered) for at least 30 minutes or more. Taste, and adjust the seasonings as desired. Here is where you can add additional olive oil and lemon juice to your preference.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Yields: 4 to 5 servings.
Vegetable salads tend to absorb most of the marinade; therefore, don't be afraid to add an additional drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice to keep the artichoke hearts moist and flavorful.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84